• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,477 - $18,060.

8.0

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

i love this car

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive, love the body style"

Cons: "n/a"

"i would be delighted to introduce anyone to this car, it has all the features of a high end car like a lexus or an acura very reliable and affordable"

Good vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Reason: Trade for 2015 Sonata

"Liked this car. I received a good offer to trade for a 2015 Sonata."

AWSOME CAR

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "none so far"

"I own a 2013 Elantra. I love the car. No problems so far. To surprise all I get between 40 to 45 MPG. I don't race but use this car to commute to work. I would definitely buy another."

One of the best vehicles I've owned!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Great fuel mileage!"

Cons: "A/C vent in front of driver just a tad off."

"Can't believe Hyundai has come this far! Design gets the looks all of the time. Fuel mileage is terrific. Comfort is great for a small car and handling is great. We've only had it a year, but have yet have anything, not even a rattle show up. Doors close perfect and wind noise is not too bad on the freeway. Sound system is great and heated seats really do make a difference in cold weather. I would definitely consider this car again or upgrade to the Sonata. I don't have leather seats but the factory cloth are really comfortable. So many bells and whistles for the money! Lookout Honda!!!! Hyundai will give Honda a run for the money!!"

Transmission Gone

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas"

"My car is a 2013 with only 4,500 miles purchased brand new. My transmission went out three days ago."

Elantra sports 2014

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

"I traded in Honda civic to get the Elantra sports. Great car packed with punch, style and above all great gas mileage."

Never thought I'd say this about a Hyundai

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Best bang for the buck."

Cons: "Standard radio a bit whimpy"

"Going on three years with my Elantra. I leased it and considering buying it at end of lease or lease another one. This car will get over 43 MPG on the interstate cruising at 65MPH with no AC. It's been very reliable and a sharp looking compact. Interior is roomy and standard equipment is impressive. Great car value. Move over Honda Civic, Nissan Sentra and Toyota Corolla."

Great Car!

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "great price and fun to drive"

"My Hyundai Elantra is fun to drive. It is very functional as it drives well. It has plenty of space inside and is comfortable in front and back seats. Tons of room in the trunk. It has had no operating issues for the 2 years I've owned it. Great car! I would recommend it."

Love the car and have not had any issues

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "great car for the price"

Cons: "For me it is getting in and out."

"Love the car and have not had any issues"

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "Overall excellence"

Cons: "Gas tank too small"

"No wonder it was chosen North American car of the year in 2012. Very pleased with it."

Great car for the money....

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Sporty look, Great Price, Great Warranty, Good MPG"

Cons: "Drivers Seat High, Some Cheap Interior Parts, Acc"

"My wife loves the sporty look. I love the price tag, warranty and gas mileage. If I'm being picky: - Drivers seat is too high for taller people. I wouldn't get it if your much over 6 foot. - Some of the Interior looks great, while some parts look / feel a little cheap. (Visor, Center Console....) - Could have a little more go on acceleration. For the money I still think it's a great buy."

Decent Car, Poor Fuel Economy, Weak Acceleration

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Sporty looking with lots of features."

Cons: "Weak Acceleration and Poor Fuel Economy."

"Dependable vehicle. Doesn't live up to appearance. Expected much better fuel economy, getting around 30 mpg on highway. Harsh ride and bump steer. Very poor acceleration on grades and at highway speeds. ECO button worthless. 17 inch tires ride badly, cause drag and are prone to bubbles. Have replaced 3 tires before 35K miles. Small trunk with seat up. Does have spare tire."

very comfortable & good looking. very secure.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "has a few rattles"

"I like this car a lot. Good value & very spacious."

Great car

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Style function and comfort"

"For a mid size sedan, this is a great car for the price. There are lots of standard features even on the "base" model. I bought mine new, with the 6 speed manual. It has a lot of get up and go. I never feel like it lags when I need it to respond. I drive a lot of highway and country roads. This Elantra is fun and comfortable to drive. Hyundai did a great job with the style and performance. I'm very happy with this purchase. I average 40 mpg."

2012 Touring model

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior , room for adults in back."

Cons: "Tire wear, window fogging ,rougher ride"

"I like the elantra line, we have a 2006 still going strong .It wont win any style points , but mechanically in the engine we have never had issues. The tires leave something to be desire especially on the upgraded model the rims and tires are to big. They lack traction in the snow and wear quickly. This is because hyundia uses a fixed camber system to save a little bit of money.Plan to at least do a alignment once a year or 2x. I bypass alignments and trash the front tires by 25k and just put new ones one since we get about 4 years out of tires. We aren't high mileage drivers. So the lower gas mileage doesn't bug me. I am 6'2" and fit comfortably in the car. Interior is a little cheesy , reminds me of Pontiacs. Engine and transmission wise we have never hada problem in a our 2006, or 2012 . Both have the same combo. I will run both these models into the ground."

Great economy car

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great value, tons of features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Rear suspension, lack of power."

"I leased this vehicle in November of 2013. I had no intensions of doing so, but I happened to beat the dealership for my wife's 2010 Elantra. I test drove the GT just to pass the time and ended up loving it. I drove it home that night. While the car is good, I started noticing little things about it after having it for a few weeks. My two biggest complaints are the power and the rear suspension. This car is severely lacking in power. It needs another 30 or so HP to get it going (the 2014 has that with the new 2 liter engine). The rear suspension likes to float over bumps when you go around turns. It doesn't mater if you're doing 5mph or 50mph, you feel like you're back end is going to kick out. There is a fix for this, but honestly I don't feel like buying paying $100 for something Hyundai should fix for free. The fix if buying KYB shocks for the rear. It's technically not a fix though, it's just a bandage. The big problem is Hyundai decided not to use independent rear suspension so anything that happens to one rear wheel drastically effects the other. Everything else about this car has been great. I opted to get the manual transmission and I love the mechanical feel of the shifter and clutch. I get about 26mpg in the city and with premium fuel I got 38mpg on the highway, with regular it dropped down to 34mpg. Over all it's a good car. Hyundai fixed the power problem with the 2014 so the final thing to really make this car great would be to go with an independent rear end, but that wont happen."

Looks snazzy but not happy with

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Love the sun/moon roof. Stereo is excellent."

Cons: "Cup holders odd sizes, no slots for toll change"

"Seating is too low so poor view of traffic and surroundings. Not enough leg room=kneecaps too close to dashboard because have short legs. Not very maneuverable. Low profile tires are hard to get used to different handling in different situations. Gas mileage not as good as advertised even though tried different types of gas & driving techniques.Seat belt tightens up too tight when barely hit the brakes. Car stalls out a stop signs and red lights.2 door not practical for hauling people/things around.Air conditioner works great but affects car performance too much.Vehicle has already devalued greatly in a short period of time.Heated seats are a great feature."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "design, layout, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable"

"I got the 2014 elantra SE with the preferred package. The layout and features are fantastic. It has touch screen that responds very nicely. It handles well and I'm getting 36-39mpg on the highway. I haven't had the car for a year yet, so I'm not sure how it will handle in winter. But, so far everything is great. I love the look and the price I got it for! Worth the purchase!"

Brand New LEMON. So many problems so little miles

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"The car had problems since the first week I drove it. It handled well in the snow with the manual overdrive, however, good luck trying to drive more than 25 mph and hitting a bump in the road. *Every time that happens the car would jolt over into the other lane. VERY scary! *I have had to buy 2 new tires on the same front left side of the car in under 6000 miles! The balance of the car is terrible and they refused to cover the first one at 3000 miles. *My rear window defroster interfered with my FM radio an issue unheard of on "new" cars. *I average 13 MILES PER GALLON! 13!!! What a shame this car sounded great until you buy it and realized everyone else fell for the same trick!"

can not wait to sell.

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of room. front and back."

Cons: "lousy blue tooth and gas mileage. dealership stink"

"The blue tooth system in this model is awful. I t has never work properly from the 6th month on. would not recommend this car because of this reason and the gas mileage has dropped from 30 to 25 miles to the gallon. very disgusting. for these 2 reason I have decided to sell."

Overpriced for quality and range

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior and good turning radius"

Cons: "Cheaply made, lousy mileage"

"Pros: Interior is comfortable, looks nice, and controls are arranged well. Handles nicely, good turning radius. It's roomier that one would expect in a small car. Infant car seat fits very easily and securely. Climate control is slow but works OK once it's at the right temperature. Cons: Bought the car at 30,000 miles. Transmission failed at 36,000. Rough ride when pavement is not perfectly smooth. Mileage is very low for a new, small car--25.5 mpg. Pick-up is very slow, especially at lower speeds (5 to 35 mph), so in the hilly area I live, a lot of gas is wasted just getting started. I think the difficulty in cooling the interior and need to have the AC high for a long period may also cut into the mileage. In Hyundai forums, the people who get good mileage live in flat, open areas with straight highways. The body is very cheaply constructed. The price seems reasonable, but the product is cheaply made, so it's really overpriced for what you get. Hyundai dealerships are few and far between, so getting the car fixed can be a hassle. It also takes a long time to get parts; my transmission took six days to replace. I've heard the parts have to come from Korea."

A Good Choice

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for one year and I really like it. The exterior of the vehicle looks great - very sporty and shines beautifully when waxed. The interior is so-so. You can tell Hyundai skimped on the interior due to the cheap plastic it's made from. It has modern features such as bluetooth compatibility, SiriusXM radio and USB ports. There's a lot of room even though the car looks small. My brother is 6'3 and had no issues sitting comfortably. Mileage is about 28 city and 32 highway. I have a bit of a lead foot so it could be higher. There are blind spots on the left and right corners of the driver's side windshield which are pretty severe. Also the front windshield and back window fogs up very easily. In the winter I had to keep the defroster on all the time. Even in the summer I found myself turning it on early in the morning. The handling is responsive and pickup is more than enough for passing on the highway. The car gets pushed around easily, however. And any tiny bump in the road jerks the car around. The engine constantly makes a ticking noise. I've noticed this on all the Hyundai models I've driven. Despite its flaws this car has good gas mileage, looks great and is fun to drive around."

Love it

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG"

Cons: "Not all windows are auto"

"Comfortable to drive and gets awesome gas mileage. People are always surprised at how big the trunk is. I love my car. Going to keep it for a long time!"

good mileage, period.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage."

Cons: "Terrible blind spots and rear view for backing up."

"Good car, great gas mileage. Front pillar has disgusting blind spot. Rear quarter blind spot the same. Could use back-up camera. Can't see to back up."

Not too shabby!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "Road noise? Can't really think of any.."

"This is the first car I've ever had payments on. I bought it used with 36k (mostly highway) about 3 months ago and I am still so happy with it. I've been used to big rugged SUVs with 13mpg so this was a huge change. The gas mileage isn't quite as high as what I have read, but considering I fill up HALF as much and the cost is significantly less, I am not making a fuss. The road noise is a bit more than I'm used to, since I am closer to the ground.. But again, I'm not making a fuss. My main concern was price and gas mileage and this car has kept me very happy. I'm 5'10" but surprisingly I don't feel cramped in this car. I've seen some pretty nasty reviews on this car, but maybe I'm just easy to please and laid back, but I have been very happy with this purchase."