2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,929 - $17,382.

8.1

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great price, great look, questionable gas

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "excellent price, gas mileage, looks, space"

Cons: "road noise due to poor factory tires, cd player"

"I have had this vehicle now for 1 year. I drove quite a lot, 27,000 miles as of now. One thing that started bugging me is the road noise. But I am sure changing the tires that came with it will change that. I have gotten an average of 44 mpg on a trip from Texas to California and back. On daily basis I get around 34mpg driving on a highway. In the city the gas mileage gets around 27 for me. I generally drive about 75 to 80 mph, but when I go around 65 the gas mileage improves close to the 40s. I am 6' 2" and I fit in the car just fine. I love the space. Originally I was going to buy the Sonata, but decided for Elantra because of space and price. I was able to purchase the vehicle from a dealer for about 17,000 a year ago so I deem this to be an excellent deal. The car is not as quick on the road if you do not turn off the eco mode, it gets better if it's turned off. The CD player issue does bother me, it is not loud enough when windows are down and driving. Also this vehicle is not for long trips, my back always hurts after about 6 hours of driving from those seats, not very comfortable. I am very happy with the vehicle and if I had to buy it again I would, back in the day, now the price has gotten much higher so I would start looking around more carefully. But that's what supply and demand is all about."

great value,lots of room, drives great

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "easy steering, easy on the gas mileage,"

"4 door with hatchback to roomy rear area, roomy rear seats, very well put together dash and front accesseries....leather uppulstry with seat warmers. very good gas milage, 10 year warranty, great exterior styling, very stylish luxuary rims, roof rack, just a great big little car."

I Love This Car!

By on Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Pros: "a lot of power for a 4 popper, comfortable"

Cons: "wish it had bluetooth, but I love it anyway. :)"

"I have had this car for 13 months and I still love it! The power this little car has is AMAZING and I love the design"

Gas mileage is misleading

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Everything else but the gas mileage"

Cons: "The gas mileage...very depressing. 24 -29mpg"

"Bought the car in August after trading in a hybrid that got 35mpg. I was assured, re-assured, and practically sworn to by salesmen and managers how this car would get at least 40mpg, probably even 44. We've taken it for 6 hour car rides and can't get above 34. That was ONE time only. I drive it 15 miles to work then back each day and I'm lucky if I can get 29. We brought it into the dealer and they checked it on the computer, took it for a 10 mile highway ride (65mph on cruise control, they said) and came back with it reading 39mpg. Guess we should have been in the car witnessing what magic they did to it. We drove out of their lot and onto the same highway and it gradually went down to 28mpg. Come on....is this a lemon, or what? I know two other people who have the same Limited edition and they both get 35-40mpg minimum."

Some things to ponder??

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good price and and ok driving experience"

Cons: "need rear cup holders"

"We like this car, good mileage and descent interior room. Just wish it had a little more power for climbing hills and passing. The trunk is small and they don't give you a spare tire. Spare is replaced with an inflation product good for flats but not a blow out, so if your in the middle of nowhere and no cell service it can be a hazard for all."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25