2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,146 - $16,647.

7.9

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Decent Car, Poor Fuel Economy, Weak Acceleration

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Sporty looking with lots of features."

Cons: "Weak Acceleration and Poor Fuel Economy."

"Dependable vehicle. Doesn't live up to appearance. Expected much better fuel economy, getting around 30 mpg on highway. Harsh ride and bump steer. Very poor acceleration on grades and at highway speeds. ECO button worthless. 17 inch tires ride badly, cause drag and are prone to bubbles. Have replaced 3 tires before 35K miles. Small trunk with seat up. Does have spare tire."

very comfortable & good looking. very secure.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "has a few rattles"

"I like this car a lot. Good value & very spacious."

Great car

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Style function and comfort"

"For a mid size sedan, this is a great car for the price. There are lots of standard features even on the "base" model. I bought mine new, with the 6 speed manual. It has a lot of get up and go. I never feel like it lags when I need it to respond. I drive a lot of highway and country roads. This Elantra is fun and comfortable to drive. Hyundai did a great job with the style and performance. I'm very happy with this purchase. I average 40 mpg."

2012 Touring model

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Roomy interior , room for adults in back."

Cons: "Tire wear, window fogging ,rougher ride"

"I like the elantra line, we have a 2006 still going strong .It wont win any style points , but mechanically in the engine we have never had issues. The tires leave something to be desire especially on the upgraded model the rims and tires are to big. They lack traction in the snow and wear quickly. This is because hyundia uses a fixed camber system to save a little bit of money.Plan to at least do a alignment once a year or 2x. I bypass alignments and trash the front tires by 25k and just put new ones one since we get about 4 years out of tires. We aren't high mileage drivers. So the lower gas mileage doesn't bug me. I am 6'2" and fit comfortably in the car. Interior is a little cheesy , reminds me of Pontiacs. Engine and transmission wise we have never hada problem in a our 2006, or 2012 . Both have the same combo. I will run both these models into the ground."

Great economy car

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great value, tons of features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Rear suspension, lack of power."

"I leased this vehicle in November of 2013. I had no intensions of doing so, but I happened to beat the dealership for my wife's 2010 Elantra. I test drove the GT just to pass the time and ended up loving it. I drove it home that night. While the car is good, I started noticing little things about it after having it for a few weeks. My two biggest complaints are the power and the rear suspension. This car is severely lacking in power. It needs another 30 or so HP to get it going (the 2014 has that with the new 2 liter engine). The rear suspension likes to float over bumps when you go around turns. It doesn't mater if you're doing 5mph or 50mph, you feel like you're back end is going to kick out. There is a fix for this, but honestly I don't feel like buying paying $100 for something Hyundai should fix for free. The fix if buying KYB shocks for the rear. It's technically not a fix though, it's just a bandage. The big problem is Hyundai decided not to use independent rear suspension so anything that happens to one rear wheel drastically effects the other. Everything else about this car has been great. I opted to get the manual transmission and I love the mechanical feel of the shifter and clutch. I get about 26mpg in the city and with premium fuel I got 38mpg on the highway, with regular it dropped down to 34mpg. Over all it's a good car. Hyundai fixed the power problem with the 2014 so the final thing to really make this car great would be to go with an independent rear end, but that wont happen."

See if you qualify for