2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,349 - $16,786.

8.1

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Amazing all around!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pros: "price, style, comfort, value, EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING!"

"I couldn't be happier. I am all about mpgs and looks. This car has it both. It has lots of room compared to other compact cars. The value is unbelievable. I got the limited with the navigation package. I couldn't ask for a better car."

3 Weeks in

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I bought a 2013 Elantra on July 30th, 2012. This is my 4th Hyundai (Previous Sonata, Elantra, Tucson and now this Elantra). I was actually looking at the new Veloster and after a test drive was told the new sytle Elantra was cheaper and rode better so I test drove it. While it's missing a few bells tech bells and whistles of the Veloster, the bigger and better ride with the same mileage and a $1800 savings convinced me. I negotiated to 19100 from the 20,200 sticker prior to trade in and discounts being applied. Since getting it my first tank achieved 38.5 mpg, Second was 39.1 and half way through my 3rd tank at 39.5. I can't be more thrilled. I do a 72 mile commute each way daily and stepping up to this kind of milage from the 25mpg I was getting is saving me approx $65 a week in gas. Time 4 and I'm paying about $50 a month for this new car. I am driving with the eco mode on and happy with the acceleration in all but the busiest of traffic in that mode. Certainly plenty good to merge into traffic safely. If I need a little more throttle response I'll turn eco off for a merge and then back on. I'm getting the mileage above running at 70-73 mph on the highway. If I slowed it down to 65, I'm pretty sure I could improve it another .5-1 mpg or so. The one other thing I love about this car is the steering. It is sensitive and crisp and sharp and has a very tight turning radius. It handles well on the country road if you take it for an afternoon stroll and shines when pull into the pump and fill it's 10.5 gallon tank and reset it's 410+ mile range. The only negative comment I have is the sliding armrest in the middle can not be slide forward if your using the drink holders directly in front of it with anything much taller than a standard soda can or small drink with a straw. My 10" tall coffee traveler cup is too tall and makes the armrest and elbow rest at best. Everything else about the design of this car and it's copmfort level and adjustability I love. Plenty of seat adjustment, wheel adjustment, comfortable if not luxurious. As usual, Hyundai hit another Homerun with a great value, reliable, loaded with more options than anything in it's price range and dependable car. Highly reccommended."

Fantastic! Stylish! and Fun!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great value"

"I have owned this car for around 5 months. I replaced a 2008 Lincoln MKZ and like this car better! It has great styling, power, luxury, and a great price! I did get the "limited" model, which seems alot nicer than the standard GLS. I have gotten as high as 42 mpg on a long trip, but i really had to be easy with it. If i drive normal I will get 38 on the highway."

Great car, no problems, 33 mpg

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "lots of bang for your buck, smooth ride, interior"

Cons: "solid rear suspension can make car hop over bumps"

"I have about 6000 miles on my 2012 Elantra GLS. I have had zero issues. It has been on a trip to the Smokey Mountains were it performed great. I had a lot of fun driving it on the curvy roads. It was very smooth and handled great. I had a Tibby before this that was supercharged to 300 hp. But the Elantra has enough pep especially with the ECO off. Weaves thru traffic with ease. Lots of room for stuff and many great features. I'm very happy I got it. Stereo works great as does the a/c and heat. Seats are cushiony. The mpg average is 33 but I drive semi agressive and can get higher if I drove with a light foot."

Great economy car

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "best value in class, reliable, warranty, MPG"

Cons: "Rough road, rough ride. Hold on!. Needs a turbo."

"For all you MPG haters of this car. I don't get it. I have had my Elantra for 2 plus years and never averaged less then 32 MPG in mixed driving. I have made 2 trips to to Phoenix about 700 miles from home and averaged 40 MPG on both trips. The car has been very reliable. The dealership has been great. On rough roads it doesn't do as well. But its not a Cadillac. Its an economy car. I think some people expect way to much for a little money compared to other more expensive cars. If you want a awesome ride buy a Mercedes and enjoy the great ride. For the money you can't do much better. I suggest easing up on the pedal and enjoy the ride if you want better milage."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25