2013 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,096 - $16,627.

7.9

Based on 270 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

3 Weeks in

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I bought a 2013 Elantra on July 30th, 2012. This is my 4th Hyundai (Previous Sonata, Elantra, Tucson and now this Elantra). I was actually looking at the new Veloster and after a test drive was told the new sytle Elantra was cheaper and rode better so I test drove it. While it's missing a few bells tech bells and whistles of the Veloster, the bigger and better ride with the same mileage and a $1800 savings convinced me. I negotiated to 19100 from the 20,200 sticker prior to trade in and discounts being applied. Since getting it my first tank achieved 38.5 mpg, Second was 39.1 and half way through my 3rd tank at 39.5. I can't be more thrilled. I do a 72 mile commute each way daily and stepping up to this kind of milage from the 25mpg I was getting is saving me approx $65 a week in gas. Time 4 and I'm paying about $50 a month for this new car. I am driving with the eco mode on and happy with the acceleration in all but the busiest of traffic in that mode. Certainly plenty good to merge into traffic safely. If I need a little more throttle response I'll turn eco off for a merge and then back on. I'm getting the mileage above running at 70-73 mph on the highway. If I slowed it down to 65, I'm pretty sure I could improve it another .5-1 mpg or so. The one other thing I love about this car is the steering. It is sensitive and crisp and sharp and has a very tight turning radius. It handles well on the country road if you take it for an afternoon stroll and shines when pull into the pump and fill it's 10.5 gallon tank and reset it's 410+ mile range. The only negative comment I have is the sliding armrest in the middle can not be slide forward if your using the drink holders directly in front of it with anything much taller than a standard soda can or small drink with a straw. My 10" tall coffee traveler cup is too tall and makes the armrest and elbow rest at best. Everything else about the design of this car and it's copmfort level and adjustability I love. Plenty of seat adjustment, wheel adjustment, comfortable if not luxurious. As usual, Hyundai hit another Homerun with a great value, reliable, loaded with more options than anything in it's price range and dependable car. Highly reccommended."

Great Car! Tires are the Poorst of the Poor!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Looks Great"

Cons: "Low gas mileage, terrible OEM tires, slips in snow"

"Bought the 2012 Elantra Limited brand new. Car slipped everywhere in light snow. Now with 15,000 miles, all 4 tires with 1/32 treadwear. Both Hyundai and Hankook will not stand behind them. The car is only 9 months old. Hankook warrenty very misleading in new car literature. Beware. No way we ever see anything close to 40 mpg. 33 is the absolute tops we ever were able to get, on the interstate that is. If you are OK with low 30s gas milage, and buy them without OEM tires, it might be a car for you."

I can't believe I own this car, but I'm glad

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "tons of options, great price and so easy to drive"

Cons: "give me a bigger gas tank!"

"I'm a German engineering driver - I love to drive and put a car through its paces so when I went looking for a "commuter car" to house next to my older German car, I was shocked to run into this little gem. I wanted features, features, features and something good in traffic but I wasn't willing to go expensive. I got tons of features, a pretty cool looking car and a truly convenient drive. It isn't fair for me to compare this to a German car so I will say it is what you'd expect in terms of acceleration and handling. The in dash communication center is great -Nav, ipod, info with steering wheel controls. "Leather" is pushing it but it looks ok. Two drawbacks for me - while the gas mileage is outstanding, the extremely small tank keeps me needing to hit the gas pump more often than I would like. The speakers - really?? you got all that cool stuff into this car and you couldn't put in speakers that can handle real volume without buzzing, rattling and distorting the sound?"

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Quick, Warranty"

"Purchased new in Feb. 13....Saw a review that mentioned the mpg not being as good as rated. I would have agreed at first. I think the car has had a break in period. My last long interstate trip I was getting 39.5 mpg without using the ecoboost function. And my long trip through the mountain roads to work I rarely go under 30 mpg. Some reviews say the car accelerates slow, but I have had a lot of vehicles and this is the quickest four cylinder I've owned that wasn't a sports car. So far I have no complaints and you can't beat that warranty. Love the heated seats!!!"

A nice sporty car for not much money

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "fuel economy, price, sporty styling"

Cons: "headrest not adjustable limited visibility backing"

"I've had my Elantra for over 18 months. No mechanical problems. Excellent gas mileage city and hwy. The sound system is excellent. Controls and dash are easy to see and use. The headrest is too far forward and isn't adjustable. Road noise could be less. Lots of trunk space. Limited visibility when backing because of the higher trunk. The factory tires are not good in the snow but I purchased some nice studded snow tires and now it goes like crazy in the snow! Love the sporty design. Glove box is roomy, lots of space to stash stuff. Handles well. Feels roomy inside. Overall very pleased, an inexpensive car with a stylish sporty feel and great fuel economy."