2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I love my 2011 Hyundai Elantra

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

"I have had my Elantra a little over 3 years. I have had to real issues with this car. I love the Bluetooth feature on my car. Handling is great. As I am not a speed demon, I average 41 mpg highway and even as high as 45.6mpg on long distance trip! In city driving will average me 30 mpg. I love my Elantra!"

Feul economy is disappointing. I'd sell tomorrow

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Seat heater. Pretty color. Comfortable"

Cons: "Advertised gas mileage is FALSE."

"I bought the car based on manufacturer's rating of fuel economy. Company stated that it gets 38+MPG. Totally false. I've been getting 32-33. I'm totally disappointed. The car feels like the back end is going to come off the ground when merging at freeway speeds. The reflection of the vent on the front windshield is distracting to me. The passenger side wiper blade doesn't remove all the water so there is about a 1 inch "trail" of water during rain. The heat seater is nice though."

Overpriced for quality and range

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior and good turning radius"

Cons: "Cheaply made, lousy mileage"

"Pros: Interior is comfortable, looks nice, and controls are arranged well. Handles nicely, good turning radius. It's roomier that one would expect in a small car. Infant car seat fits very easily and securely. Climate control is slow but works OK once it's at the right temperature. Cons: Bought the car at 30,000 miles. Transmission failed at 36,000. Rough ride when pavement is not perfectly smooth. Mileage is very low for a new, small car--25.5 mpg. Pick-up is very slow, especially at lower speeds (5 to 35 mph), so in the hilly area I live, a lot of gas is wasted just getting started. I think the difficulty in cooling the interior and need to have the AC high for a long period may also cut into the mileage. In Hyundai forums, the people who get good mileage live in flat, open areas with straight highways. The body is very cheaply constructed. The price seems reasonable, but the product is cheaply made, so it's really overpriced for what you get. Hyundai dealerships are few and far between, so getting the car fixed can be a hassle. It also takes a long time to get parts; my transmission took six days to replace. I've heard the parts have to come from Korea."

Great car - only wish I'd see more of them!

By on Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pros: "Build, warranty, features"

Cons: "Boot (trunk) hinges, fuel economy, limited stock"

"Here in Australia they come from Korea and a full size spare is standard. Ours is 2 months/2000 km and we love it. All driving jobs are short and often in peak hour, so we get only 12 l per 100 km.  I read somewhere that it should improve after 10,000 km.  I'd love to take it on a long run out West.   Only negs would be no auto up drivers window, boot hinges, no rear wiper, A-pillars obstructing front-side view, self-locking doors that the dealer can't deactivate. I too agree that steering could be better, so would less true noise. Otherwise it's all good (so far).  I only wish I'd see more of them on the road. (would satisfy 'herding instinct')"

Nice and roomy car

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Pros: "Leg room, comfortable seats, storage and mileage"

Cons: "Too many phone operation steps"

"One of the few small cars that featured enough leg room for my 6-1 frame. Good storage, will hold two sets of golf clubs. Enough pep and good gas mileage (32-34 local and 35-38 highway). The 6 speed manual transmission shifts very easy."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals