2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 383 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Amazing mid-sized interior for a compact price!!!

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "Great MPG, stylish, handling, features"

Cons: "Daytime running lights only on with parking lights"

"I am shocked at how roomy this car is and even more amazed at how well it rides and handles. While all small cars typically have road noise, the Elantra has far less than my old Corolla and the ride feels much more secure. The list of options on even the GLS model are extensive and impressive. This is my first even Hyundai and so far, I am completely blown away by the overall quality and efficiency of this car."

Excellent All Around Daily Driver

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Looks, handling, gas mileage, creature features"

Cons: "Road and engine noise"

"I leased my 2011 Elantra after weeks of test drives and research. It has lived up to expectations. Handling is crisp, braking decent, transmission is not as crisp as I would like but it does have a manual shift option, the ride is acceptably smooth, and the reliability has been outstanding. Oh, and the gas mileage is awesome. After 30,000 miles I've done the regular maintenance but other than that it has never been in the shop. It did have a recall for some seatbelt thing but I've never taken it in. The only complaints I have about the car are the road and engine noise getting into the cabin, the trunk hinges being what look like something designed in the 80s (they are inside the truck well, not outside like most all new models), and the paint is easy to scratch. Interior fit and finish is excellent, seats are 8 on a 10 scale for comfort (lots of adjustments you can make), the sound system is very nice, and the heat/a-c are quick to respond. I am seriously considering getting a 2014 Elantra. I've read the cabin is much quieter and they have made other refinements. There are a lot of options out their in this category so we'll see."

Great car and a great price

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "a lot for the money for the limited model"

Cons: "less than expected mpg"

"I love this car!Great fun and great price for the fully loaded limited model,never thought I could get a nav screen and back up camera for the price I paid.Less than promised mpg around town,but reached 40mpg traveling to the beach this summer."

This is the best car I've ever had.

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "Great value (limited edition) great gas mileage"

Cons: "Navigation screen hits sunlight glare"

"The only thing that needs to be changed is the location of the navigation screen. Sometimes the sun light will hit directly on the screen and there is a glare. Other than that I love this car!!"

Very comfortable and reliable

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "great mpg, speedy and comfortable"

Cons: "no window tint"

"I actually have two, one for me (work car, less options) and one for the wife (with all options.) I'm 6'2" and was amazed to find the car had so much room for its size. I haven't found anything loose or 'not just right' on either car, Hyundai quality control is excellent. It's very quite and smooth for its size and the power feels like a V6 engine. My average gas mileage has been 32mpg, however that's on a rough and hilly country highway. My dealer did not offer window tint, a big disappointment for me."

The greatest car I have ever owned!

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "Awesome value, great style, safe, dependable"

Cons: "Needs more storage, loud a/c"

"I love my car. From the sleekness in the design to the miles per gallon. My car is excellent. I have had it for about 4 months now and have driven it on trips to Georgia and Alabama and have had no problems. The only thing I would say is when I turn on the A/C it is quite loud underneath the car but nothing out of the ordinary. It is a very smooth ride but can get up if you need it to. Best car buy for the price and really great value as well. Really overall I am satisfied."

Excellent buy, well designed, 39 mpg at 80 mph.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "excellent handling, convenient controls"

Cons: "to much road noise"

"This is an excellent car. It has two characteristics which Hyundai needs to address: (1) road noise - I am hard of hearing and I can hear and feel road noise with the windows closed and when the windows open it is much worse. With the windows open, I cannot hear the CD player. We purchased our vehicle in June 2011, one of the first cars off the production line and it has Contenential tires . . . that is probably the cause of the vibration/noise problem . . we are paying $600 to get rid of these lousy tires installed by the factory and put on Michelin Tires. (2) Also in an economy move, Hyundai has removed the center front dash speaker in all of its models and this action makes hearing the CD player difficult to hear with the windows open at 70 mph. Suggest that prior to purchasing this car you drive the car on the interstate at 70mph with the windows open/closed to determine if these characteristics are present in your car and if they are if it bothers you. Except for the items described above, this is one of the best cars I have owned. This is our third Hyundai purchase: 2003 Accent (Manual Transmission), 2009 Sonata (Manual transmission) and 2012 Elantra (Auto Transmission."

Not a safe winter driving car, otherwise nice car

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pros: "Roomy, great price, nice looking car."

Cons: "No traction in winter weather"

"I love the look of my car, its roomy and overall its a nice car, unless you have to drive it in winter weather. You mention the word "snow" and it will slide sideways. After 3 winters we are trading it in for something safer."

Excellant auto

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Excellant in every aspect of this vehicle"

Cons: "Only thing bad is tire noise......."

"Best car I have owned in my life.............."

Is one of the best cars that I have ever had

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Cons: "maybe it loses price too fast"

"In 50 years owing cars is a pretty reliable and good to own car."

Elantra Coupe! Awesome value!

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Value, Stylish Exterior and Interior, Stereo"

Cons: "No Spare"

"The car is great so far! Very quiet engine and great mpg. The interior is very well done and comfortable. Exterior of the Elantra coupe is sporty and stylish, gets lots of looks! Im very happy with the vehicle!"

One of the most stylish cars on the road today..fu

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "excellent instrumentation, stereo, climate control"

Cons: "front seats in GLS not power & no lumber adjustme"

"I have the base model 2013 Elantra, with a 6-speed manual transmission. Didn't buy any extras such as fog lights, 16 inch wheels....Love the car...did not test drive an automatic, but I suspect performance and acceleration is enhanced with manual..fun to drive..base model has many standard offerings and is a great value for about $17500."

GREAT

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Cons: "I will go back and get more add-ons"

"Bought this for the boss lady. From a decked out harley f-150 pu to a car, big move. She loves this car. Great color. Fuel, and warranty, plus dearlership, could not get with any other vehicle."

Exceptional vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Looks, value, amenities"

Cons: "Handling isn't at the same level as appeaarance"

"This is an exception vehicle. Hyundai stepped away from the herd when they developed it. The style - exterior and interior is top of the line. I have never gotten so many looks. It also has amenities that you would never expect in a car of this price."

Best car ever

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

"Totally smoking! Only negative is that the ride could be a tad smoother... it can be a little bumpy sometimes, probably because the car is so light."

Amazing all around!

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pros: "price, style, comfort, value, EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NOTHING!"

"I couldn't be happier. I am all about mpgs and looks. This car has it both. It has lots of room compared to other compact cars. The value is unbelievable. I got the limited with the navigation package. I couldn't ask for a better car."

great car

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"great car for the price, I owned three sonotas before this elantra and have given up nothing and gained mileage and extras for less then the standard sonota, only fault I SEE IS NO SPARE TIRE come on guys whats that cost / i'LL PAY FOR IT. I HAD A BLOW OUT AND HAD TO BE TOWED.the can of air and pump won't do. next time the dealer throws in a spare or I walk. don't get me wrong I love the car but that was a waste of my day."

3 Weeks in

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I bought a 2013 Elantra on July 30th, 2012. This is my 4th Hyundai (Previous Sonata, Elantra, Tucson and now this Elantra). I was actually looking at the new Veloster and after a test drive was told the new sytle Elantra was cheaper and rode better so I test drove it. While it's missing a few bells tech bells and whistles of the Veloster, the bigger and better ride with the same mileage and a $1800 savings convinced me. I negotiated to 19100 from the 20,200 sticker prior to trade in and discounts being applied. Since getting it my first tank achieved 38.5 mpg, Second was 39.1 and half way through my 3rd tank at 39.5. I can't be more thrilled. I do a 72 mile commute each way daily and stepping up to this kind of milage from the 25mpg I was getting is saving me approx $65 a week in gas. Time 4 and I'm paying about $50 a month for this new car. I am driving with the eco mode on and happy with the acceleration in all but the busiest of traffic in that mode. Certainly plenty good to merge into traffic safely. If I need a little more throttle response I'll turn eco off for a merge and then back on. I'm getting the mileage above running at 70-73 mph on the highway. If I slowed it down to 65, I'm pretty sure I could improve it another .5-1 mpg or so. The one other thing I love about this car is the steering. It is sensitive and crisp and sharp and has a very tight turning radius. It handles well on the country road if you take it for an afternoon stroll and shines when pull into the pump and fill it's 10.5 gallon tank and reset it's 410+ mile range. The only negative comment I have is the sliding armrest in the middle can not be slide forward if your using the drink holders directly in front of it with anything much taller than a standard soda can or small drink with a straw. My 10" tall coffee traveler cup is too tall and makes the armrest and elbow rest at best. Everything else about the design of this car and it's copmfort level and adjustability I love. Plenty of seat adjustment, wheel adjustment, comfortable if not luxurious. As usual, Hyundai hit another Homerun with a great value, reliable, loaded with more options than anything in it's price range and dependable car. Highly reccommended."

Bang For the Buck

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Quick, great MPG, comfortable, great value."

Cons: "Needs more power in the top end."

"This car is a mind blower. My wife had a 03' Elantra and it was a piece of junk. So when she traded in her 07' Compass to get a new 2011 Elantra, I thought she was smoking something. But after the test drive and looking over how much you get for your money, I traded in my 03' Tacoma and got one for myself. Getting 42mpg on the highway and 31mpg average around town, it still has plenty of get up and go off the line. The auto-stick is fun as heck to use and really helps out in the corners. The gadgets, comfort, and feel of the interior is much more than what you would expect from a car in this price range. All I can say is you need to check this one out."

Great car for not a lot of money.

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Warranty, Economy. Resale value. Looks. Reliable"

Cons: "Suspension. No Spare?"

"This is a great car. Seniors, small familys, young people will probably like this car. It does everything well but nothing great. ( Unless you consider 40 on the freeway great) I do. I just came back from Phoenix and got over 40MPG on the freeway at 80mph. The only thing I dont like is the solid axle in the rear. It allows the car to be pushed around to much in a head or side wind and any uneven surfaces on the road will really be noticed. Sometimes its unsettling and feels a little dangerous. Hyundai go to 4 wheel independent suspension and I will by another Elantra. If you don't. Hmmm."

Some Problems with it but not bad..

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "upgrades, gas mileage, compfort"

Cons: "manufacture defects and malfunctions"

"First off, The estimated 40mpg highway is more like 29mpg to 34mpg. Unless you are going to drive at 50 miles per hour on the highway you are not going to get 40mpg. That was the whole reason I bought this car, I have had it now for a year and still have not got even close to 40mpg. I usually drive between 65mph and 75mph and average more like 31mpg. I bought the limited edition and everything inside is very nice and compfortable. I had to have the steering wheel replaced at 20,000 miles because the leather started peeling off. The other problem I had was the weld for the heat shield broke off and they had to weld a new heat shield on the car with only 8,000 miles. The dealership said the reason the weld broke was "It is like that coke machine sitting over there, sometimes it just breaks". Definately was not the answer I was looking for. I didn't buy a coke machine, I bought a $25,000.00 car. I have about 31,000 miles on the car now and I am a little scared there could be more problems in the future. I would shop around a little more before purchasing this vehicle, I am also not real impressed with the dealerships for hyundai. I live in the Phoenix area, I have been to three seperate dealers and none of them have simple things like car rentals or shuttles when you take your car to get serviced. Just some stuff to think about before you buy."

Fantastic! Stylish! and Fun!

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Great value"

"I have owned this car for around 5 months. I replaced a 2008 Lincoln MKZ and like this car better! It has great styling, power, luxury, and a great price! I did get the "limited" model, which seems alot nicer than the standard GLS. I have gotten as high as 42 mpg on a long trip, but i really had to be easy with it. If i drive normal I will get 38 on the highway."

Great car, no problems, 33 mpg

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "lots of bang for your buck, smooth ride, interior"

Cons: "solid rear suspension can make car hop over bumps"

"I have about 6000 miles on my 2012 Elantra GLS. I have had zero issues. It has been on a trip to the Smokey Mountains were it performed great. I had a lot of fun driving it on the curvy roads. It was very smooth and handled great. I had a Tibby before this that was supercharged to 300 hp. But the Elantra has enough pep especially with the ECO off. Weaves thru traffic with ease. Lots of room for stuff and many great features. I'm very happy I got it. Stereo works great as does the a/c and heat. Seats are cushiony. The mpg average is 33 but I drive semi agressive and can get higher if I drove with a light foot."

Cost - Dollar per Dollar, Elantra is Unbeatable

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Looks, Interior & Cargo Space, MPG, Value 4 money"

Cons: "Rear passenger greenhouse, road noise on bad roads"

"I have owned this vehicle(SE Auto with Preferred Pkg) for about 10 months, 10,000 miles now and I am in absolute love with it. A lot of features/Car for the price, be it convenience or comfort. My expectations were less when I chose a compact class car over the mid-size sedans but Elantra had exceeded my expectations well. My primary use is for commute to work and the Elantra does an exceptional job. Heated front seats helped a lot in Minnesota winters. Some competitors do not even offer them. Overall build quality is good, except for some creaking noise on the door handles inside. Nice touch of having two 12-Volt car power outlets, really helps when my spouse wants to charge her cellphone while I am charging mine. The 4 inch touchscreen even though is small is still adequate for the rear camera display. Radio listeners will love having the XM satellite radio receiver standard(initial 3 months trail is free) apart from standard AM/FM, single CD-MP3 and AUX/USB options. Drive is very smooth on well paved tarmac roads but road noise seeps in as soon as you hit Concrete(bridges, some toll roads)or badly paved roads. This is not that I cannot live with but more sound deadening material will improve the overall experience. My only gripe would be the glass window area for the rear passengers, the curvy and swoopy lines outside, did take some glass area out of rear passengers, some of my rear seat passengers felt claustrophobic. I hear a lot of people complaining about the car is not giving as much mpg as estimated and I do not understand those people for these reasons & few things I do to get the most out of this car: A) For god's sake these are estimates(meaning on standard testing conditions) which is not the case in our day to day, Stop and Go traffic. B) Being Gentle on Gas, meaning avoid to rev beyond 2000-2500 rpm and I do 65 mph on highways, these cars are not designed for race or atleast traffic light races - I get around 35 mpg combined(70% highways & 30% City). Lastly, if you can treat it as an appliance(like a fridge or washing machine), it can last really longer. Overall, worth the money spent."

Some things to ponder??

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "good price and and ok driving experience"

Cons: "need rear cup holders"

"We like this car, good mileage and descent interior room. Just wish it had a little more power for climbing hills and passing. The trunk is small and they don't give you a spare tire. Spare is replaced with an inflation product good for flats but not a blow out, so if your in the middle of nowhere and no cell service it can be a hazard for all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals