2012 Hyundai Elantra

7.9

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Great economy car

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Great value, tons of features, very comfortable"

Cons: "Rear suspension, lack of power."

"I leased this vehicle in November of 2013. I had no intensions of doing so, but I happened to beat the dealership for my wife's 2010 Elantra. I test drove the GT just to pass the time and ended up loving it. I drove it home that night. While the car is good, I started noticing little things about it after having it for a few weeks. My two biggest complaints are the power and the rear suspension. This car is severely lacking in power. It needs another 30 or so HP to get it going (the 2014 has that with the new 2 liter engine). The rear suspension likes to float over bumps when you go around turns. It doesn't mater if you're doing 5mph or 50mph, you feel like you're back end is going to kick out. There is a fix for this, but honestly I don't feel like buying paying $100 for something Hyundai should fix for free. The fix if buying KYB shocks for the rear. It's technically not a fix though, it's just a bandage. The big problem is Hyundai decided not to use independent rear suspension so anything that happens to one rear wheel drastically effects the other. Everything else about this car has been great. I opted to get the manual transmission and I love the mechanical feel of the shifter and clutch. I get about 26mpg in the city and with premium fuel I got 38mpg on the highway, with regular it dropped down to 34mpg. Over all it's a good car. Hyundai fixed the power problem with the 2014 so the final thing to really make this car great would be to go with an independent rear end, but that wont happen."

Looks snazzy but not happy with

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Love the sun/moon roof. Stereo is excellent."

Cons: "Cup holders odd sizes, no slots for toll change"

"Seating is too low so poor view of traffic and surroundings. Not enough leg room=kneecaps too close to dashboard because have short legs. Not very maneuverable. Low profile tires are hard to get used to different handling in different situations. Gas mileage not as good as advertised even though tried different types of gas & driving techniques.Seat belt tightens up too tight when barely hit the brakes. Car stalls out a stop signs and red lights.2 door not practical for hauling people/things around.Air conditioner works great but affects car performance too much.Vehicle has already devalued greatly in a short period of time.Heated seats are a great feature."

Great vehicle for the price

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "design, layout, gas mileage"

Cons: "seats could be more comfortable"

"I got the 2014 elantra SE with the preferred package. The layout and features are fantastic. It has touch screen that responds very nicely. It handles well and I'm getting 36-39mpg on the highway. I haven't had the car for a year yet, so I'm not sure how it will handle in winter. But, so far everything is great. I love the look and the price I got it for! Worth the purchase!"

Brand New LEMON. So many problems so little miles

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

"The car had problems since the first week I drove it. It handled well in the snow with the manual overdrive, however, good luck trying to drive more than 25 mph and hitting a bump in the road. *Every time that happens the car would jolt over into the other lane. VERY scary! *I have had to buy 2 new tires on the same front left side of the car in under 6000 miles! The balance of the car is terrible and they refused to cover the first one at 3000 miles. *My rear window defroster interfered with my FM radio an issue unheard of on "new" cars. *I average 13 MILES PER GALLON! 13!!! What a shame this car sounded great until you buy it and realized everyone else fell for the same trick!"

Junk car.

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "junk"

Cons: "junk"

"So many defects. Paint ,plastic ,doors and trunk not lined up. My car start leak after 1000 miles. Warranties its fiction .You going to a Diller to fix under warranties but They found the reason don't do it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for