2012 Hyundai Elantra

7.9

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

Not too shabby!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, pep"

Cons: "Road noise? Can't really think of any.."

"This is the first car I've ever had payments on. I bought it used with 36k (mostly highway) about 3 months ago and I am still so happy with it. I've been used to big rugged SUVs with 13mpg so this was a huge change. The gas mileage isn't quite as high as what I have read, but considering I fill up HALF as much and the cost is significantly less, I am not making a fuss. The road noise is a bit more than I'm used to, since I am closer to the ground.. But again, I'm not making a fuss. My main concern was price and gas mileage and this car has kept me very happy. I'm 5'10" but surprisingly I don't feel cramped in this car. I've seen some pretty nasty reviews on this car, but maybe I'm just easy to please and laid back, but I have been very happy with this purchase."

Great handling car with super gas mileage

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, comfy seat, agile steering"

Cons: "non found as yet"

"Bought new 2013 and now have 21000 miles on it. Haven't down anything to it except oil changes. Get 38 to 40mpg on the highway. Steady city driving brings it down to 29+ on occasion. I am 6'1" and the driver's seat fits like a glove. Most comfortable seat I have ever experienced. Car is very nimble during rush over traffic in Las Vegas. Has pretty good pick-up speed for a 4 cal. No complaints and will keep this gas sipper for a long time. I can't believe the negative reviews I am reading."

Bad in Snow

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "value for the $, lots of conveniences"

Cons: "poor winter traction, road noise, underpowered"

"I leased this vehicle & its just ok. It is really bad in the snow/winter. My tires spin constantly w/no traction & am unable to make it up my driveway if there is more than a dusting of snow. Overall, nicely equipped car for the money. The car is underpowered & passing ability stinks. Will probably switch to Subaru for AWD or a better front wheel drive option."

2014 Elantra SE, manual transmission

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Fun, roomy, zoomy."

Cons: "Dead pedal"

Just before driving her home for the first time.

"I purchased this vehicle new. Compared to 3 others in its class but this one had everything I wanted at a great price. Comparable leg room to 2014 Corolla, larger than the others - Mazda3 and Dart. Has about the same amount of zoom as the Mazda, but roomier. I commute almost 80 miles per day and am comfortable the entire time. The ONLY thing that I have found that could be improved upon is the dead pedal, it just isn't tall enough for a size 12 men's. The hard rear seatbacks are great for protecting from kid's feet. I love driving a manual again! Averaging 38 mpg."

Just before driving her home for the first time.

Buyer Beware

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "good value, sporty exterior, nice dash lights"

Cons: "extremely uncomfortable, no tight steering"

"I bought this car less than a month ago and already have buyer's remorse. It was my first time buying a car so I have learned a lot about the whole car buying process. DO NOT allow the salesman in the test drive. Ask if you can take the car home for atleast a weekend. That way you will know if you really can drive this car. This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. I am 5'2 and have never had a problem wit a car seat. The seat juts out and hits my knees at a very painful angle. I am literally in pain if I drove over 30 minutes. There really isn't a place to rest your arms if you are short like me. Also, the windows have started irriating me. They come up pretty high and I do not feel like I have a good view around me. This might be a moot point if you are taller than me, but be advised if you are on the shorter side. I drove a Maxima for almost 12 years and realize this is a superior car. I should have just stuck with Nissan."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for