2012 Hyundai Elantra

7.9

Based on 266 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

7.5/10

can not wait to sell.

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of room. front and back."

Cons: "lousy blue tooth and gas mileage. dealership stink"

"The blue tooth system in this model is awful. I t has never work properly from the 6th month on. would not recommend this car because of this reason and the gas mileage has dropped from 30 to 25 miles to the gallon. very disgusting. for these 2 reason I have decided to sell."

Overpriced for quality and range

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior and good turning radius"

Cons: "Cheaply made, lousy mileage"

"Pros: Interior is comfortable, looks nice, and controls are arranged well. Handles nicely, good turning radius. It's roomier that one would expect in a small car. Infant car seat fits very easily and securely. Climate control is slow but works OK once it's at the right temperature. Cons: Bought the car at 30,000 miles. Transmission failed at 36,000. Rough ride when pavement is not perfectly smooth. Mileage is very low for a new, small car--25.5 mpg. Pick-up is very slow, especially at lower speeds (5 to 35 mph), so in the hilly area I live, a lot of gas is wasted just getting started. I think the difficulty in cooling the interior and need to have the AC high for a long period may also cut into the mileage. In Hyundai forums, the people who get good mileage live in flat, open areas with straight highways. The body is very cheaply constructed. The price seems reasonable, but the product is cheaply made, so it's really overpriced for what you get. Hyundai dealerships are few and far between, so getting the car fixed can be a hassle. It also takes a long time to get parts; my transmission took six days to replace. I've heard the parts have to come from Korea."

A Good Choice

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"I've owned this car for one year and I really like it. The exterior of the vehicle looks great - very sporty and shines beautifully when waxed. The interior is so-so. You can tell Hyundai skimped on the interior due to the cheap plastic it's made from. It has modern features such as bluetooth compatibility, SiriusXM radio and USB ports. There's a lot of room even though the car looks small. My brother is 6'3 and had no issues sitting comfortably. Mileage is about 28 city and 32 highway. I have a bit of a lead foot so it could be higher. There are blind spots on the left and right corners of the driver's side windshield which are pretty severe. Also the front windshield and back window fogs up very easily. In the winter I had to keep the defroster on all the time. Even in the summer I found myself turning it on early in the morning. The handling is responsive and pickup is more than enough for passing on the highway. The car gets pushed around easily, however. And any tiny bump in the road jerks the car around. The engine constantly makes a ticking noise. I've noticed this on all the Hyundai models I've driven. Despite its flaws this car has good gas mileage, looks great and is fun to drive around."

Love it

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great MPG"

Cons: "Not all windows are auto"

"Comfortable to drive and gets awesome gas mileage. People are always surprised at how big the trunk is. I love my car. Going to keep it for a long time!"

good mileage, period.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage."

Cons: "Terrible blind spots and rear view for backing up."

"Good car, great gas mileage. Front pillar has disgusting blind spot. Rear quarter blind spot the same. Could use back-up camera. Can't see to back up."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for