2012 Hyundai Elantra

8.0

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

7.6/10

good for the price

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive sporty"

Cons: "no spare tire"

"I like the car, but it is poor for winter driving in my area. I had a Sonata before and it was great in winter driving"

Cost - Dollar per Dollar, Elantra is Unbeatable

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Looks, Interior & Cargo Space, MPG, Value 4 money"

Cons: "Rear passenger greenhouse, road noise on bad roads"

"I have owned this vehicle(SE Auto with Preferred Pkg) for about 10 months, 10,000 miles now and I am in absolute love with it. A lot of features/Car for the price, be it convenience or comfort. My expectations were less when I chose a compact class car over the mid-size sedans but Elantra had exceeded my expectations well. My primary use is for commute to work and the Elantra does an exceptional job. Heated front seats helped a lot in Minnesota winters. Some competitors do not even offer them. Overall build quality is good, except for some creaking noise on the door handles inside. Nice touch of having two 12-Volt car power outlets, really helps when my spouse wants to charge her cellphone while I am charging mine. The 4 inch touchscreen even though is small is still adequate for the rear camera display. Radio listeners will love having the XM satellite radio receiver standard(initial 3 months trail is free) apart from standard AM/FM, single CD-MP3 and AUX/USB options. Drive is very smooth on well paved tarmac roads but road noise seeps in as soon as you hit Concrete(bridges, some toll roads)or badly paved roads. This is not that I cannot live with but more sound deadening material will improve the overall experience. My only gripe would be the glass window area for the rear passengers, the curvy and swoopy lines outside, did take some glass area out of rear passengers, some of my rear seat passengers felt claustrophobic. I hear a lot of people complaining about the car is not giving as much mpg as estimated and I do not understand those people for these reasons & few things I do to get the most out of this car: A) For god's sake these are estimates(meaning on standard testing conditions) which is not the case in our day to day, Stop and Go traffic. B) Being Gentle on Gas, meaning avoid to rev beyond 2000-2500 rpm and I do 65 mph on highways, these cars are not designed for race or atleast traffic light races - I get around 35 mpg combined(70% highways & 30% City). Lastly, if you can treat it as an appliance(like a fridge or washing machine), it can last really longer. Overall, worth the money spent."

excellent car

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "This car exceeds your expectations for a low price"

Cons: "Shocks"

"Was very surprised by this car. The feel, the features, the fuel economy, the value. To get all of the features at such an affordable price. Push button start/stop, power everything, SiriusXM, navigation, cruise, telescoping tilt steering, steering wheel controls, heated front and rear seats, dual zone temperature. I could go on a lot more. The only thing I can say I have a problem with is the sock package. You do feel the bumps. After market shock upgrade is in the works. You get more than your money's worth."

Excellent, very versital

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive great features"

Cons: "due to height difficult to enter and leace"

"good value for the money"

good smaller car

By on Sunday, April 05, 2015

Pros: "fair price and mpg"

Cons: "very much road noise"

"this is a good car fair mpg good looks there is a lot of road noise would probably go back to Sonata if trading"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals