2011 Hyundai Elantra

8.1

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Comfortable - Fun to drive

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

"Bought this car primarily for work. I drive about 40-45,000 miles a year. Have a 2012 Santa Fe and love it. Got the Elantra for the gas mileage and I love the look of the car. Got the 2 door with 17" alloy wheels and moon roof but no tech package. I'm 6'1" and need to watch I don't whack my head when I get in, but once inside there is plenty of room and the seats are very comfortable especially on a long ride. Gas mileage is much better than my Santa Fe of course, but not what was advertised. I haven't reached 35 mpg yet even on the longest, flattest, straightest highways. And the miles per gallon calculator in the dash overstates what I'm getting by as much as 2-3 mpg. Have put 6000 miles on it in 3 months so I hope the mpg does improve. Brakes are a little grabby when you need to hit them hard, otherwise the ride is relatively smooth and the steering responsive. Trunk is also very roomy for this size car. My golf clubs fit easily. Love the bluetooth feature but it is hard to hear the person on the other end. This feature in my Santa Fe is excellent. Much clearer and louder. All in all for $20,000 I think it's a terrific vehicle."

Love my Elantra

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Features, price, stylish, fuel economy."

"Previous corolla owner. This car was like a discovery to me, so roomy, comfortable, a lot of standard features for the money, beautiful out and inside. Receive compliments all the time. I drive about 70 miles daily averaging 37 mpg. On highways, I have seen up to 43 mpg."

Gas Mileage NO good - Everything else OK

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "STYLE!, Features, Safety, & Comfort"

Cons: "GAS!, Quality, Sliding/Tires"

"I just bought a 2013-Limited. (No nav. or back-up camera, but every seat is leather and HEATED... much wow!) The great things about this car are: its style, comfort, SAFETY (that's a huge one for me), overall price, and features. No complaints with those topics. However, I've noticed that the gas mileage is much lower than Hyundai promised. I mainly drive the city streets of Chicago, but I definitely don't come close to 28MPG as the low. More like 21-24MPG average on the low end, in reality, when driving in the city. And about 29MPG average on the high end on the highway. Another hiccup with this car is that I too find myself fish-tailing slightly with barely any reason... a lot! I may have only had this car for 2 weeks, but I seem to only feel the bad things when driving, like fish-tailing, sliding, my ABS going off a lot, etc. (I don't hear the road loud like a lot of others are saying about this car. And the ride is extremely smooth, to me.) Over all, I'm happy with a lot of the features, the style, and safety of this car, but I'm concerned for what the future holds for me. I just don't want to go through engine problems (constantly) like I did with my last car. BTW - If you get snow/ice in the rims of this car, GET IT OUT IMMEDIATELY! Like, before you drive! Or you'll have to bring your car in to get the tires realigned and rebalanced like I did after only owning the car for a few days! (This car has a new style of rims in the market... I know all the details, and don't want to bore anyone, just trust me.)"

Nice car with good gas mileage!

By on Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pros: "Made in America, great price, good gas mileage!"

Cons: "A little noisy at with all the bad roads."

"I can almost get 27 MPG in town~it depends on how you drive! I can also get over 40 MPG on the highway and even more at times! I am pleased with the way the car handles and every car has blind spots, so you just have to find them and learn to deal with them. That's why we have side mirrors, rear view mirrors and necks to turn around to see! Overall great car for a small family or a couple who wants to downsize. Comfortable and has a great AC, which I really needed in the central valley of CA!!! :)"

Worst suspension in any car

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Drive it on pool-table smooth roads or drive something else"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals