2009 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 417 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Very good value and reliability, Ride needs imp.

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

Pros: "workmanship and quality"

Cons: "Noise and comfort"

"Good, reliable car. Ride is a little noisy, comfort is fair to good. Quality and workmanship is good. No engine problems. Good pep for a car with this mileage"

Excellent value

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Great value for your $$"

Cons: "Back seat is a little cramped. Not much leg room"

"I love my Elantra! Best bang for you $$ on the road!! Gets great gas mileage, has decent acceleration, and is a relatively quiet ride. Very satisfied customer! Thank you Hyundai!"

Perfect commuter. 34-36mpg hwy.

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Very peppy, 5spd man, easy to handle, economical."

"Bought with 13k miles and have used it as a commuter, first for a 30mile round trip car and now a 100 mile rt car. Never had any issues other than body damage in a low impact fender bender, which was repaired, with the exception of a parking lot dent in right rear fender. This is my most favorite personal car and I am 55. Cold A/C, XM equipped, auxiliary jack and about 35mpg on my hwy commute. I need a 4wd so I am replacing this one."

Owning a new 2008 made me buy 2009! Saw 1985

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE! $10,000 REBATES! COMFORTABLE! 2008ESC"

Cons: "Miss my 30/60/90 driver's side seats"

"I couldn't sell these vehicles for all anyone offered me. I'd been driving Ford Crown Victoria's since 1982-1986 with all their luxury and huge size and loving my comfortable seats with 30/60/90. We owned up to 4 at a time. I learned from my Hyundai's to have them totally detailed once a year no more than 18 months inside and out. Though 1 has almost 100,000 miles with so little mechanical repairs, the other has 21,000 over 5 years mostly highway. My 2008 has been wrecked into fully repaired 3 times. Once was at an interstate ramp by a drunk driver early morning before daylight. The 2nd was a car going through a red light at 35 miles per hour cutting too tight. I stayed in stop position realizing he wasn't going to stop at the red light he had across from me on the corner. The 3rd was an apartment parking lot with driver not looking when he backed up into me at 3 miles per hour. Each time my 2008 looked brand new after shop work. Everything works on both cars. They are comfortable on trips and local driving. The 2009 was struck by bushes by a guy who does tinting on car windows when he tried to move my car out of its parking spot when finished. Both vehicles have XM Satellite radio. Seats on both drivers side have covers, but show some wear. They will be getting better covers. I plan to have them both seats detailed cleaned. The 2008 had engine cleaned this year. I plan to have a complete detailing on the 2009 this fall. Both had to have their windshield wipers changed 2 times. We've had no major problems and 2 slight recalls not a big problem. My favorite is the 2009, but the 2008 has the ESC. I saved a lot on my car insurance more than my 1980's Ford Crown Victoria's in 2008 and 2009 up until present. We are getting great gas mileage! I love the strap handles for passengers going around the bends. So quiet that at times I can't tell that they started and are idling! We've so many inside lights and storage places! Front leg room is wonderful as well as back. Many air bags are on both. Saved gas mileage more than paid my monthly payments to pay off sooner."

Excellant car. Not so very OK for tall persons

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Reason: Traded in for a new car

"I owned it for seven years and it never gave any troubles. Only thing I did was change oil and filter. I only put about 3000 miles per year. I once drove it from SC to CO and it behaved very beautifully, and I enjoyed the ride and the drive. Used less than 50 gallons of gas for 1600 miles of drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals