2009 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 439 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Great for the price - FUN SPORTY

By on Thursday, May 22, 2008

"I bought my new Elantra back in February and I love every minute of driving it! It handles very well, brakes and alignment are right on key. I love the interior styling, the blue dash/accessory lights (I am an interior designer... so this impacted my decision!). The plastic details on the center console and rear doors/trunk scratch easily, which tends to make the car look worn fast. Backseat and trunk are quite roomy. It is my first car purchase and I truly recommend it. I have driven Volvos before (several models) so my standards aren't average. This car is great if you are looking for something fresh, innovative, stylish, fuel-efficient, and dynamic. I HIGHLY recommend the sunroof... and to be honest, I am glad I splurged with the spoiler - It really balances the car's silhouette. Just a suggestion! Enjoy!"

big bang for your bucks.

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"great commuter car. it has enough gadgets to make you feel like your not in a cheap budget car. its roomy enough so you wont feel cramped. the stock stereo has enough power to crank it up without distortion. the ac takes a few minutes to fill the car up, but will freeze your hands up when it starts working. the trunk is big enough to fit a couple of average sized bodies comfortably.front and rear seats are comfortable and not cramped either and of course the best part. it great on gas and cheaper than that other "H" company whose cars are more expensive, less roomy, and have shorter warranties. all in all, big bang for your bucks!"

Great buy to keep for years beyond the warranty.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Stays on the road during windy days great interior"

Cons: "Maybe a larger engine."

"Keep this car maintained and it will last you many years!"

Excellent Car. Move over Honda/Toyota

By on Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Pros: "Dependability, Value, Good Looks, Great MPGs"

"I have a 2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS purchased brand new in September of 2007 in Fayetteville NC (The car had 7 actual miles on it when I drove her off the Hyundai lot). I nick named her Carmen Elantra. A month after purchasing the vehicle, I relocated back to Boise Idaho. I drove my Elantra 18 hours per day during the trip across the country (my boyfriend and I would drive in shifts) and I needed to get back to Idaho as soon as possible. It took me 3 days with stopping in St.Louis MO the first night, and Cheyenne WY the second night. When I left North Carolina the car has roughly 1,200 miles on it and it was early December. My car was loaded down with tons of my possession's in the trunk and the back seat. I had the opportunity to drive in all sorts of road conditions during our cross country trip and coming through Wyoming we were traveling through a terrible blizzard. With only front wheel drive (no chains) the car did amazingly well (Im sure having the trunk and the backseat loaded up helped as well). Cars, SUV's, trucks, and Semi trucks were slid off the road between Laramie and the Utah border around every bend. There were jackknifed trucks and stranded motorists all over. We took it slow and had the integrated XM radio (an option I love on the car) tuned to one of the Christmas music holiday channels and sipped coffee from our last stop at a Starbucks. While the roads were terrible and scary, inside the car we felt comfortable, warm, and safe, singing a long to holiday tunes and having the heated seats cranked up. It was snowing so hard we could barely see 10 feet in front of the car, but we trudged on, feeling cozy and safe). Needless to say we made it the 2,400 miles home. In just a few months now, I will have owned this car for six years. I am thinking about buying a new All Wheel Drive Audi or Mercedes but will keep my Hyundai in the garage for many years to come because frankly, I love this car. It's reliable and, it's never left me stranded or hasn't started. It still look sharp (no scratches or dents) the paint is still glossy and shiny from the yearly wax and detail the car gets. I get compliments on the beauty of the Regatta Blue color, as well as the looks of the car (its always been garage kept). People, including myself are also impressed with the 6 speaker audio system. I personally think it sounds just as impressive as the stock audio system in my boyfriends 2008 Subaru Outback Limited we also purchased brand new. While I have always maintained it meticulously, i have rode the car hard on several occasions. For this I give the durability rating a 10. I was hesitant to buy a Hyundai but i will sing their praises for years to come. both my mother and my sister own Hyundai's (an Accent and a Sonata). I owned a 1999 Lexus ES300 before buying my Elantra, and it broke down constantly ( at the time I bought the Hyundai the Lexus was only 6 years old) and I bought the Elantra because of the warranty. Everytime the Lexus was in the shop, it was $500 to $1000 to repair it and I wanted something worry free. My ownership of the Elantra hasn't been completely problem free but definately best car owning experience I have ever had. I have replaced the fog lights 3 times (but I run them always day or night). I have replaced the headlights once and like the fog lights I run them always, day or night. I have replaced the tail lights/brake lights and license plate lights twice as I run the exterior lights always. The brake switch has been replaced 3 times and just this last week the company sent me a letter saying its a recall defect that they will be happy to replace. The rear control arm was broken and was replaced, the passenger sun visor broke and hung limp from the headliner of the car and was replaced. All of these repairs were covered under warranty. The CD player became tempermental around 40k and sometimes hesitates to take certain CD's in (it never has a problem ejecting a CD), but with the AUX input/sync for my iPod or my Phone and, because CD's are becoming outdated I rarely use the CD player anymore (i will not replace the factory deck even if the CD player stops working).Repairs that weren't covered by warranty are as follows, the rotors needed to be resurfaced for $140 (at the same time they replaced the control arm I was given a 2012 Sonata loaner for 3 days while the repairs were completed), the batter died last summer, but I noticed the rough start and went straight to the dealer where they replaced it for $120. I replaced the factory tires with all season 70k mile tires in 2009 when the car had about 29k miles on it (at a cost of $480)I replace the cabin air filter about every 3 months at a cost of $18, and change the oil every 3,000 miles with synthetic even though the manual says every 7k miles (I change the oil more frequently because I ride the car a little harder). I had the transmission flushed and the filter changed at 40k for preventative maintenance (again doing it before recommended by the manual because the I ride the car hard). I am going to have the timing belt done in the next month as preventative maintenance (I'm told is almost $700 at the dealership) and the brake pads will need to be replaced and the rotors turned at the same time (around $200). I've had all work/oil changes/maintenance done at the dealer and for a car that's 6 years old and has just over 50k miles, I would say that 2k in maintenance costs (including tires) is more than reasonable. I paid $16k for the car and I know it will easily go another 100k miles with little to no issues. I wash it and take care of it and people always think its newer than it is, people who have ridden in it are always amazed that its a Hyundai. When I first bought it people were mesmerized by the ice blue ambient lighting in the car at night. I have zero complaints about this little ride. I am 6'6" 210lbs and was 27 when I bought the car. It has enough head and leg room for me as a driver and as a front seat passenger, but no one is able to sit behind me, other than small children, but I've accomodated 4 of my friends on a 9 hour trip to the coast without to many complaints about space. I'm sure someone who is shorter would have no problem with average sized adults sitting behind them. I cant say enough how much I love my Carmen Elantra, If I had to do it, I would buy the car all over again. Even though it is an economy car, it handles well enough, can keep up with the flow of traffic on the freeway and gets awesome gas mileage. In the day and age of $4 per gallon gasoline, I am grateful to have a car that is considered midsize that gets over 30mpgs combined. When I say move over Honda and Toyota, I mean it, especially worth the new Hyundai's 2013's.... They are slick, stylish, and offer more conveniences for less money. I recommend Hyundai to anyone looking to buy a reasonably priced vehicle. Mine continues to be one of the best purchases I ever made. Love it!"

Best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Longevity, great price, economical"

"I have owned 4 elantras in my lifetime. Best car ever. Incredibly reliable, low maintenance, minimal cost. I have never had one come to the end of its life by natural causes; I have hit 2 deer, an auto collision and am still driving the fourth which has 130,000 miles on it. I cannot say enough about this great car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals