2009 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 432 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

decent car for the money good on fuel

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "affordable good on gas"

Cons: "cabin is oddly set up not great for short folks"

"this car has been very reliable having had only a wheel bearing go bad at the age of 6. sway bar links were bad also but i blame our bad roads. otherwise this car has been trouble free. it has gone from ri to florida a couple times and virginia a few times. you really cant beat the gas mileage this car gets on the highway."

Very reliable and good in the snow.

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Great gas mileage, handles nice, comfortable ride."

"Owned a 99 Corolla before this and it is comparable in size, handling and comfort. Automatic with cruise control, overhead lighting, lighted visors, ergonomic comfort controls, comfortable seats, stylish interior with everything within reach. Owned this since new and have only done regular maintenance to it. Great little car and very reliable though it is a bit sluggish on an uphill climb, but nothing that you wouldn't expect from a small engine."

Ignore 1 star reviews

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, Excellent Handling, Sturdy, Affordable"

"The short: Engine= good power; Handling= steady and quick; MPG= average 28-30, even in rush hour; Interior= not cheap, though plastic/vinyl it is sturdy and appealing; Treat your car well and it will last for a long time. I expect this car to easily surpass 250,000 miles in its lifetime. The long: I bought this car about 2 years ago at 55,000 miles. It had one previous owner. Back then it was about $10,000 after negotiation. I'm very pleased with it. The car has never had any problem. I do all the servicing myself and keep the oil regular at 5,000 miles. I changed the manufacturer spark plugs after I bought it; it could have gone several thousand more miles. At 75,000 I changed the transmission fluid and timing belt. The fluid needed changed, but the transmission itself is still flawless. The timing belt was fine. The belt could have waited till 100,000. I performed all of the other maintenance in the manual. I see other vehicles that are hard to service and that fall apart, but this is not one of them. The owners usually are responsible for breaking the car. So, you'd be better off ignoring the 1 star reviews."

Best Car

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "If you take care of it, it will take care of you!"

"One of the best cars I have owned. Never a problem. The only thing I've had to do is replace the battery (it was 5 years old)."

fantastic car

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pros: "fantastic mileage. quiet ride"

Cons: "radio needs to be rebooted periodically"

"bought it new Now at 104,000 miles and have not spent one cent on repairs. Maintenance only. Changed timing belt, water pump and plugs at 80,000. All looked like new."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals