2009 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

mileage

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

"I love everything about this car except the mileage. I am only getting 17 and 21. I was promised better when I bought the car."

mileage

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

One of the better cars I have owned.

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Great car, good on gas, looks great, good drive"

Cons: "Sound system, CD player"

"This small car is fantastic! The only problem I have had is with the CD player. To replace with a refurbished one, new not available, two dealerships wanted outrageous prices. I went with an after market one. Mechanical problems, none! Appearance is still great, since I take proper care of same. VERY happy with the car and don't plan to get rid of it. Have averaged around 32 to 35 mpg. Keep my foot out of the engine!"

Lots of miles, no problems...

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable,dependable,dependable."

Cons: "Headlamps seem to go fairly quicky."

"Pushing 200k, original owner. Never had a mechanical problem. Oil changes between 5k-9k for first 75k miles, now just do it with regular oil every 7500 ike clockwork.Replaced timing belt at 125k as precaution. Changed plugs at 100k. Everything else is original. Doesn't burn oil or leak anything. Think I paid ~16k for it from Porter Hyundai in Newark, DE. Getting 33 mpg, mostly highway driving. Only thing that ever happened was alarm used to go off for no reason. Fixed it by putting a penny on top of hood sensor and reclosing hood. Not a peep since. I don't like the styling of new Elantras, thats only reason why I would not buy another."

I MISS MY ELANTRA!!!

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Reason: Totaled in accident

Pros: "Great value, very roomy, reliable, low cost to own"

Cons: "flimsy plastic parts, not very quiet"

"I owned this car for about 4 yrs, bought it used from rental fleet. First off, this car NEVER broke down. For as long as I had it, the only time it was in the shop was for rotors and brakes replaced w/in the 1st 4 months I had it, which was my stupid fault for not checking before buying. Needless to say, this car was always ready to go and up for whatever. I took long road trips up and down the east coast and never once had issues. Surprisingly, it handles pretty well in snow too - I couldn't believe it! It also has a LOT of interior space, I could and did fit 5 adults comfortably plenty of times. The blue interior lights looked pretty cool as well. Great on gas, a bit rough at high speeds though. Minor issues I had were passenger window regulator failing and tie rods being replaced. Overall, this was a great car for the value."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals