2007 Hyundai Elantra

Based on 414 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Owning a new 2008 made me buy 2009! Saw 1985

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE! $10,000 REBATES! COMFORTABLE! 2008ESC"

Cons: "Miss my 30/60/90 driver's side seats"

"I couldn't sell these vehicles for all anyone offered me. I'd been driving Ford Crown Victoria's since 1982-1986 with all their luxury and huge size and loving my comfortable seats with 30/60/90. We owned up to 4 at a time. I learned from my Hyundai's to have them totally detailed once a year no more than 18 months inside and out. Though 1 has almost 100,000 miles with so little mechanical repairs, the other has 21,000 over 5 years mostly highway. My 2008 has been wrecked into fully repaired 3 times. Once was at an interstate ramp by a drunk driver early morning before daylight. The 2nd was a car going through a red light at 35 miles per hour cutting too tight. I stayed in stop position realizing he wasn't going to stop at the red light he had across from me on the corner. The 3rd was an apartment parking lot with driver not looking when he backed up into me at 3 miles per hour. Each time my 2008 looked brand new after shop work. Everything works on both cars. They are comfortable on trips and local driving. The 2009 was struck by bushes by a guy who does tinting on car windows when he tried to move my car out of its parking spot when finished. Both vehicles have XM Satellite radio. Seats on both drivers side have covers, but show some wear. They will be getting better covers. I plan to have them both seats detailed cleaned. The 2008 had engine cleaned this year. I plan to have a complete detailing on the 2009 this fall. Both had to have their windshield wipers changed 2 times. We've had no major problems and 2 slight recalls not a big problem. My favorite is the 2009, but the 2008 has the ESC. I saved a lot on my car insurance more than my 1980's Ford Crown Victoria's in 2008 and 2009 up until present. We are getting great gas mileage! I love the strap handles for passengers going around the bends. So quiet that at times I can't tell that they started and are idling! We've so many inside lights and storage places! Front leg room is wonderful as well as back. Many air bags are on both. Saved gas mileage more than paid my monthly payments to pay off sooner."

Excellant car. Not so very OK for tall persons

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Reason: Traded in for a new car

"I owned it for seven years and it never gave any troubles. Only thing I did was change oil and filter. I only put about 3000 miles per year. I once drove it from SC to CO and it behaved very beautifully, and I enjoyed the ride and the drive. Used less than 50 gallons of gas for 1600 miles of drive."

Good basic car

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "Mechanically holding up well"

Cons: "Interior, exterior quality is lacking"

"This car has been solid mechanically. However, it lacks comfortable seating and things in the interior break rather easily. The door handles peeled leaving sharp edges that cut my son. I just peeled all the silver off instead of investing in new handles. Covers in the corner of the windows have fallen off. Small things like that have happened on this car that I never experienced when I owned other vehicles. The car shimmies when I go over 60. I have had everything checked. Apparently this car isn't designed to cruise well on the interstate. But it is a good basic car if you are budget conscious."

35 mpg

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cons: "Road noise"

"Need more sound proof"

Very reliable and well built

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable, well-built, good value"

Cons: "Mediocre handling, no ESC in the GLS model"

"I purchased my 2008 Elantra GLS in January 2009 for under $15,000. For the price, I expected a good car, but my Elantra has been extremely reliable. It had no "from the factory" defects, and I've had no mechanical problems since then. Other than a minor fender-bender on ice, the only work that's been done to the car has been routine maintenance. The car's not perfect--handling is "meh," and I'm sorry that I allowed the salesperson to convince me not to buy the SE model with Electronic Stability Control, which would have enabled me to avoid the fender-bender."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals