2005 Hyundai Elantra

8.3

Based on 895 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

MINIMAL repairs, very reliable

By on Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pros: "great bargain, reliable"

Cons: "ABS, cruise, not standard. Likes light body damage"

"We've owned the car since about 35000 miles in 2007. Very few problems. Changed timing belt @ 80,000 miles and had to replace water pump around the same time. Brakes etc. Other than general maintenance no major repairs required. Still going strong and average about 29mpg. The body does tend be a little soft, taking dents and dings with out much of a fight. Regardless, I was delightfully suprised with the reliability of this car. Hoping with regular upkeep she'll make it 200,000."

A very reliable car.

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "warranty, gas mileage, quick, comfortable."

Cons: "Rust starting around rear wheel well both sides."

"Bought this car new. only twice it needed warranty work,(o2 sensor and fog lamp). No major work has been preformed,Just the routine maintenance(timing belt,oil changes,brakes and tires). Has original exhaust and battery. Happy with mileage, 26-30 mpg. not bad for 9 year old and 211,000 miles. I do use full synthetic oil and change every 6,000 miles. As for the 4 cylinder engine, I've been quite pleased with it."

Absolutely love this car!

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Headlight behind the battery lasts 6 months"

"I have had this car since 2010. Got this car used at 30,000 miles. I am now up to 160,000 and have no problems with this car. I take it in for the recommended check up and tune ups and I know this car will start and have no issues each and every day. The pickup is great and has no problems driving through the Blue Ridge Mountains. Transmission is in great condition. Had to replace the radiator at 150,000 miles but someone backed into me last year and I think that's when it was damaged. As soon as this car dies on me, I won't hesitate to get another Hyundai Elantra."

Great first car!

By on Monday, February 4, 2013

Reason: Traded in for SUV

Pros: "comfortable drive, good gas mileage"

Cons: "small trunk space"

"Just traded in my 2004 Hyundai Elantra GLS with 80k miles on it. I got it when I was 15, and it was a great first car. Never had any mechanical issues, just routine maintenance. The only thing that ever broke was the factory CD player, which I easily replaced with an aftermarket stereo. The only reason I traded it in is I wanted something with more cargo space (ie an SUV). Overall, a great car as a first car or daily driver - good gas mileage!"

Wonderful car, Hyundai is excellent

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"I bought a Hyundai Elantra GLS in 2004 new and have been extremely impressed with it. I have racked up over 82,000 miles now in less than 4 years and the only work I've had done was had the brake pads replaced, put 4 new tires on (I ran over something and got a flat 2 years after I bought the car and decided to just buy all new tires. Since I live in WI, and was driving a lot there was more wear than normal on them), and had a bulb replaced (which was covered under warranty). The only other problem I had with it was the steering wheel started to peel and crumble after 2 years but they replaced that free of charge. The warranty is great to have, defintely gave me peace of mind, even though I didn't really need to use it. I am going to stick with Hyundais from now on!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals