2001 Hyundai Elantra

8.3

Based on 867 Ratings for the 2001 - 2006 models.

Best little car I've owned

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "value, smooth, comfortable, minimum maintenace"

"I'd just like to start by saying I have been impressed with the performance of this car. I have owned it for 5 years now, and I have no intentions of trading it in or selling it. In 5 years I have done nothing to it but normal maintenance, and although I take care of my vehicle, I was not "easy" on it. It has driven through 6-8 inches of un-plowed snow quite a few times with EASE!. I call my car a "TANK". I have driven about 3 trips over 5 hours each way in the last 2 years, and it just keeps right on going. They only thing that I'd prefer to be different is that it were a manual instead of an automatic, but that just my personal opinion. This is the first vehicle I have owned that was not a manual, so I had my doubts about it's capabilities. I rest easy now. Great car for a small family or just for the lone ranger like me."

Excellent value.very little engine repair.

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

"Great running and repair experience. Have had two small fender benders, not repaired, Get oil change every 3000 to 3500 miles, do any other needed repairs. Bought this 2005 in 2007, have driven it for 44 000 miles. One bad feature---front windows do not open any more. I fixed one, at a cost of nearly three hundred dollars, then the other window quit opening a week later. PLASTIC CLIPS HOLDING THE GLASS NOT CONDUCIVE TO FLORIDA ATMOSHERE. Also, glossy finish on rally red paint color is fading out on both front and back bumpers. Looks tacky. Thanks. It is becoming difficult to afford repairs, such as, repainting, new tires , etc. May need to sell."

Great Value for the $$

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "The mileage is great, reliable and runs smooth"

Cons: "Trunk to backseat area small, no driver armrest"

"Drives easy, no drag on hills due to higher torque, smooth running, great MPG [25 in town/30-35 on the road]. The inside is a little snug, and trunk room is small, but for two people traveling, it's a good ride. I'd keep it but I have to have more room for my family."

Good first car.

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

"Bought mine on the cheap. Been very reliable. Needs some routine maintenance (struts, clutch, couple other little things), as it is near 150k miles, but once I complete those, it should last me atleast another 100k miles. Fairs pretty well with Indiana weather. Only a few small areas of rust, though they could have been avoided with proper maintenance. Common one being the bottom of the front quarter panels, and another being the front edge of the rear wheel wells."

Dependable, Peppy......a little disappointed in

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"gas mileage.....car is much more solid than I ever expected !!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals