2000 Hyundai Elantra

7.8

Based on 167 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Reliable

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "window regulators, cup holders do not expand"

"13 years ago I purchased this car (new in 1999). It had 8 miles on it - from the test drive that I took it for. I had test driven several cars prior and this was the winner! It has been a very reliable car, gets good gas mileage, and has not required many substantial or costly repairs. Regular maintenance has proven to be sufficient, for the most part. The flaws include the window regulators, which have needed replaced 2 times each (about $300 each time) and the floor mat hook on the driver's side. (Odd design and broke within the first year of ownership.) The airbag light has been on for the last 5 years, which may mean it will not work if needed. The car has taken a few dings and continues to run in the intense Arizona heat, year after year. It's been a good little car."

Faithful

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've had my elantra since 1999 and have put around 150k on it and it still drives nice. It's never been a very comfortable ride (i'm 6'3") nor stylish, but that's not my thing. The gas milage is great and maintenance is minimal. It does, however, burn up motor oil rather fast, so be sure to check it every month. The elantra is kind of like Rocky: she can take a beating yet still come through in the late rounds."

Probably the best value for the money

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I bought this vehicle from a private owner for about $500 below the KBB price, and could not be more satisfied. I never had any problems with the drive train or any other component of the car. Regular oil changes made the car run smoothly. The only issue I had at the beginning was that the engine was a bit louder than my last car, but I guess that the GLS model I had was a sportier version. I actually got used to it and learned to quite enjoy it by the spring time. I never thought that I would buy a Hyundai before this purchase, but not I would put it right on the top of my list. It is probably the best value for the money!"

Driving it is a badge of honor

By on Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas Milage and reliability"

Cons: "Handling and comfort"

"I bought mine new 15 years ago. Now over 200K miles. I still have the orginal clutch. The AC has never been serviced and works great. It has the orignal exhaust & radiator. I drive it 60 mile round trip to work daily."

This car is a little work horse

By on Monday, December 17, 2012

Pros: "Handles beautifully, great turning radius,"

Cons: "blower, windows, lights not bright enuf"

"I deliver newspapers on a very large rural route (101 miles per day) 358 days a year. It has sad little kisses here and there, because there is no way to deliver for that many hours in a year without occasionally sliding in weird weather or misjudging where the pavement ends and the deliverbox begins.My point is this car runs and runs and runs. I only have two complaints. I have repaired the regulator on the driver's side window four times and it's beginning to behave badly again. Also, the blower for the heater had died now four times in two and 1/2 years. I'm not going to fix it again because I can't afford it. I can'y fix it myself because the location of the blower means that I would have to stand on my head under the panel on the passenger side. Not happening. But, I love this car. I understand that I am hard on it. But it had been very faithful and reliable, and for what I put it through, it's a pretty good sport."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Elantra near Honolulu. See local deals