2014 Hyundai Azera Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,096 - $29,935.

10/7.6

9.4

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Poor performance for the money....

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Car has a comparable look to an top end Mercedes."

Cons: "Drive it for a hundred miles and you are spent..."

"This is a flagship vehicle that has very poor performance. The most obvious is in the electric motor power steering. It is sluggish, wanders, must exert force to steering wheel to accomplish goal. Open highway demands an ever vigilant approach to driving because of the autos tendancy to float and wander. I've had it back to the dealership including a factory rep with the usual, "feels o.k. to me."To discover this issue at purchase I would of needed a much longer test period. We bought a car that looks great but performs terribly."

Best kept secret for mid-sized sedans

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, comfortable, and fun to drive"

"Hyundai Azera I own is a 2013 model fully loaded. It has been a great car and is as comfortable as any mid-size sedan I have ever ridden in. Going to be trading it in for 2015 Genesis. I have owned 6 Hyundai's and all have been outstanding vehicles."

Great car until it breaks

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Like the styling and driving dynamics."

Cons: "Initial build quality, parts availability"

"Purchased this vehicle new in October 2012. Within the first 1,500 miles a body creak developed which took 5 or 6 visits to the dealer including a loaner vehicle 3 times to resolve. Eventually the dealer was able to resolve this issue. Life was good until 34,000 miles. At 34,000 miles the air conditioning failed. Brought the car to the dealer on 7/10/14 at which time we were told the compressor had failed and that the parts were not available and that they were on a national backorder. Within a few days word came that parts were scheduled to arrive at the Hyundai warehouse on 7/21/14 and that the part would be available within 1-2 days at the dealer. Now it is 7/23/14 and all the dealer can tell us is that the parts are not yet available. Hyundai does not give any more information than that. To date I have no idea when Hyundai might decide to fulfill their obligation to us and repair the vehicle. All that I hear from their consumer affairs people is how sorry they are for the inconvenience and they understand how I feel. I would much rather have a definitve date that the parts will arrive so that the vehicle can be repaired. Bottom line is that we really like this car, the problem that we have is that with both issues we've had the repair has taken too long and Hyundai has been very poor in responding to our needs. We came from a Toyota thinking that we would try something else, now we will be lifelong Toyota buyers."

Have had this car for one year AND I LOVE IT.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Terrific value, great tech, solid ride, comfort."

Cons: "None found so far."

"I traded in a 2008 Mercedes Benz E-350 when I bought this "used" 2012 Hyundai Azera that had 10,200 on it when I got it. I actually have more "options" in this car than in my Mercedes and the maintenance costs are very much lower. I love the room, style, looks, and technology in my car. I have had many people ask me what kind it is. When I tell them I traded in my Mercedes for this car, they all say, "You're kidding. Why did you do that?" I explain all the differences between the cars and I lowered my monthly payment by $200 month and they still can't believe it. They really like the car inside and out."

Best car I have owned in years

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Love driving our car!"

Cons: "Power folding mirrors and rain sensors wipers"

"Love this vehicle as daily driver to work. Love this car as road car for trips. The cooled seats are WONDERFUL. The heated seats are great in the front and back. Trunk space is huge. Comfortable seats and my husband likes the seat extender. Sound system is great! Navigation and bluelink are both useful and easy to use."