2012 Hyundai Azera

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Terrific car for the money.

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "value, performance, features, comfort, space"

Cons: "no significant complaints"

"My comments come after owning the car for 2.5 years, putting over 50K miles on it, and are calibrated considering my buy-in price of just a little over 31K new (plus tax etc). All the good remarks about room, features, comfort etc are right on the money. It's hard to imagine a more stylish and feature packed car in this price range. I don't understand the complaints about the steering and handling. I've been a very spirited driver my whole life and have no complaints about the balance that Hyundai struck between ride comfort and handling composure during hard cornering. Lean is well controlled and the suspension is very well damped, almost a little too much at times as the car has a firm ride, but I like that. The steering feels solid and well connected, and I have never noticed mine wandering like some others complain of. In fact the car goes very straight hands-off. The OEM tires have limits that can be found quickly, but the car exhibits very benign understeer that is typical of front drivers and it never does anything unexpected even when pushed hard. I once found myself mixed up with a large group of Corvette owners doing a club run up a windy mountain road. After 20 or 30 miles of fun, I found that the lowly Hyundai sedan had left most of them in the dust and was only behind a handful of the better/faster drivers in the club. I was very impressed with the car in general but definitely wishing for some sticky tires. Obviously I'm not trying to say that the car is a sport car beater, but I thought it did quite well for a large family sedan. I've done many long trips with this car and never once found it tiring in any way; in fact, quite the opposite, always found it comfortable and capable. Some of my trips include long stretches of remote two lane at very elevated speeds. The car is composed and confidence inspiring even cruising at speeds between 100-120 (only done when alone and visibility allows of course). I've had zero problems with the car since new. I only have two nitpicks that have to do with the engine/transmission tuning. One is that it runs rich under heavy acceleration and often leaves some black residue around the exhaust tips. I've asked the dealer about this but there is no update available. The second is that the shift performance could be sharper. With the go pedal mashed, you can actually feel the acceleration taper off slightly between shifts, as if engine timing is being reduced to limit torque during the shift. I think the car would be noticeably quicker and more fun to drive if they would allow the transmission to shift harder and keep full power on through the shifts. Other than those two minor things, I have no complaints with the car. I typically get 25 in town and 29-30 on the highway running about 80. Obviously there are better cars out there, and if you want a true sports sedan you should be looking at RWD, but you will write a much bigger check for them. For what it is and in this price range, the Azera is a great car."

My favorite car I've ever had!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"I wanted a BMW or Mercedes because of the looks and features, but this car has given me everything that those cars have except the badge. I love the looks and the features are unbelievable."

Great Deal for the Money!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"I bought my Azera in Aug 2012 new. I have not had one issue with it. Love the vented seats... lifesaver in the summer heat. It just rolled over 30,000 miles today and only been to the dealer once for a minor issue the tire light. My 3rd Hyundai and never had an issue with any of them. I would buy another one tomorrow."

worst car on the market

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "this car is not even fit to look at and a horror"

Cons: "this car is no nothing"

"This car is so bad that even the Hyundai dealers don't want it as a trade in."

sterring poor

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"dealer ship service dept verry good"

Poor performance for the money....

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Car has a comparable look to an top end Mercedes."

Cons: "Drive it for a hundred miles and you are spent..."

"This is a flagship vehicle that has very poor performance. The most obvious is in the electric motor power steering. It is sluggish, wanders, must exert force to steering wheel to accomplish goal. Open highway demands an ever vigilant approach to driving because of the autos tendancy to float and wander. I've had it back to the dealership including a factory rep with the usual, "feels o.k. to me."To discover this issue at purchase I would of needed a much longer test period. We bought a car that looks great but performs terribly."

Best kept secret for mid-sized sedans

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, comfortable, and fun to drive"

"Hyundai Azera I own is a 2013 model fully loaded. It has been a great car and is as comfortable as any mid-size sedan I have ever ridden in. Going to be trading it in for 2015 Genesis. I have owned 6 Hyundai's and all have been outstanding vehicles."

Great car until it breaks

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Like the styling and driving dynamics."

Cons: "Initial build quality, parts availability"

"Purchased this vehicle new in October 2012. Within the first 1,500 miles a body creak developed which took 5 or 6 visits to the dealer including a loaner vehicle 3 times to resolve. Eventually the dealer was able to resolve this issue. Life was good until 34,000 miles. At 34,000 miles the air conditioning failed. Brought the car to the dealer on 7/10/14 at which time we were told the compressor had failed and that the parts were not available and that they were on a national backorder. Within a few days word came that parts were scheduled to arrive at the Hyundai warehouse on 7/21/14 and that the part would be available within 1-2 days at the dealer. Now it is 7/23/14 and all the dealer can tell us is that the parts are not yet available. Hyundai does not give any more information than that. To date I have no idea when Hyundai might decide to fulfill their obligation to us and repair the vehicle. All that I hear from their consumer affairs people is how sorry they are for the inconvenience and they understand how I feel. I would much rather have a definitve date that the parts will arrive so that the vehicle can be repaired. Bottom line is that we really like this car, the problem that we have is that with both issues we've had the repair has taken too long and Hyundai has been very poor in responding to our needs. We came from a Toyota thinking that we would try something else, now we will be lifelong Toyota buyers."

Have had this car for one year AND I LOVE IT.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Terrific value, great tech, solid ride, comfort."

Cons: "None found so far."

"I traded in a 2008 Mercedes Benz E-350 when I bought this "used" 2012 Hyundai Azera that had 10,200 on it when I got it. I actually have more "options" in this car than in my Mercedes and the maintenance costs are very much lower. I love the room, style, looks, and technology in my car. I have had many people ask me what kind it is. When I tell them I traded in my Mercedes for this car, they all say, "You're kidding. Why did you do that?" I explain all the differences between the cars and I lowered my monthly payment by $200 month and they still can't believe it. They really like the car inside and out."

Best car I have owned in years

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Love driving our car!"

Cons: "Power folding mirrors and rain sensors wipers"

"Love this vehicle as daily driver to work. Love this car as road car for trips. The cooled seats are WONDERFUL. The heated seats are great in the front and back. Trunk space is huge. Comfortable seats and my husband likes the seat extender. Sound system is great! Navigation and bluelink are both useful and easy to use."

A lovely car

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Design/Power/comfort/feature/rarity/warranty"

"I was in the market for an entry level luxury sedan for my family of 4 including two growing boys. I was considering BMW 3 series as well as Mercedez CLA 250. Then, we came across 2014 Azera. We test drove it and fell in love. It is beautifully designed, superbly comfortable and roomy. While it runs quietly and smoothly, it packs a good amount of power to quickly accelerate when needed. I also love it being rare to find on the road. It looks as beautiful as any other luxury sedans out there and it is uncommon. With the superb warranty package, we love it!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Good price and plenty of accessories comfortable"

Cons: "Steering and road noise could be improved."

"My only criticism would be the steering which is "notchy or rubbery" when driving straight ahead at times. This problem seems to be with the EPS which was corrected on later models by a software fix. I'm still hoping to get that "fix"."

Great car! Poor handling.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Car is beautiful. Only complaint is electric steering causes car to drift out of lane. Constant correction is necessary to keep in place and inside lanes. Very tiresome on long trips."

Awesome Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Love this car! Smooth driving vehicle, great performance and handling. Comfortable interior, very roomy...lots of leg room."

Great value, Excellent performance, Beautiful Car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "great value, economic on gas, great performance"

Cons: "Not so great in harsh winter weather"

"The 2013 Azera is a beautiful vehicle. I purchased it brand new. I have been very pleased with the performance, comfort and gas mileage. It would be even better in Western Michigan winters if it had all wheel drive. I plan to continue driving this vehicle for a long time."

So far it has been a fun car ti drive.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "lOOKS"

"Dealership has been excellent with questions etc"

Best car I ever had

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "gas mileage is usually 25 mpg all around driving."

Cons: "no cons"

"I lease this car. I had it a year and a half so far. I love it. I love it so much I will buy it at the end of the lease if I don't lease another one. (five year bumper to bumper warranty. Will still have two years to go at the end of the lease."

Beautiful handling roomy interior best ever

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, worth the money"

Cons: "I have none"

"This is a luxury car with navigation and technology systems, back up camera. Well appointed roomy interior, comfortably seats five adults with leg room and head rests. Leather interior and a cinch to park. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned and I've had Lincoln Continental in the past."

Great value for a car with all of these anemities!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Great price and dependability."

Cons: "Some wind noise, steering."

Before delivery 2012-04

"So far there have been no mechanical or other problems. Steering is not as precise as I would prefer. Road noise is slightly more that the 2007 Lexus ES350 I owned. Good looking car with a great and comfortable interior."

Before delivery 2012-04

Really nice car

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No lumbar support in passenger seat"

"We have been on several very long trips in this car. It is a pleasure to drive, and to ride in. My only complaint is that there is no lumbar support in the passenger seat."

Watch out Lexus!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Amazing design, powerful, value, safety, etc"

Cons: "fake carbon fiber.....that's it."

"I owned two lexus cars before and now own Azera. Azera drives just like lexus or better seriously. I just wish hyundai used real carbon fiber on the inside."

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Value, Quality, Warranty"

Cons: "Plastic on the inside - could have used less"

"I just got the car and I have NO complaints so far. I'm loving it. I like the way it looks. I like the way it drives. I could have used a little more woodgrain but what you get for the money can't be beat."

Love this car! A LOT of car for the money!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and equipment"

Cons: "Wish mileage was a bit better"

"This car is comparable or even better than a Mercedes C class. There are a few 'high' end items that could be used - i.e. real wood grain. BUT for what you get, front and rear heated seats, NAV and tech package this car is a steal!"

Hidden Gem

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great warranty, great features."

Cons: "Nothing"

"My wife was in SFO to visit family and rented the Ford Fusion, so when she returned and started our car shopping it was the first car we looked at, but what she rented was the 2012 which she loved, but what we saw was the 2013/2014 and it has less leg room than the 2012, so we have the Hyundai dealership just down the road, we walked in and started to look at the Santa Fe for the rear leg room, but right next to it was the Azera. Wow, we test drove it and we had to have it. We got all the bells and whistles and ended up paying $35,078 for a car with a sticker of over $38,000. We Love this car, you just can't beat what you get for the money. Leather, 550 watt Infinity sound system with 12 speakers and Sirius/xm. Moon roof , I can go on and on but I hope your getting the message. Buy this car!"

Great car for the money!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive!"

Cons: "Voice command could be better."

"Get it loaded and it will have plenty of toys! Love the bluelink also for remote starting the car on hot days. The front seats are both cooled and heated. Very comfortable!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Azera near Honolulu. See local deals