2012 Hyundai Azera

9.5

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
    9.8/10

Best kept secret for mid-sized sedans

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, comfortable, and fun to drive"

"Hyundai Azera I own is a 2013 model fully loaded. It has been a great car and is as comfortable as any mid-size sedan I have ever ridden in. Going to be trading it in for 2015 Genesis. I have owned 6 Hyundai's and all have been outstanding vehicles."

Great car until it breaks

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Like the styling and driving dynamics."

Cons: "Initial build quality, parts availability"

"Purchased this vehicle new in October 2012. Within the first 1,500 miles a body creak developed which took 5 or 6 visits to the dealer including a loaner vehicle 3 times to resolve. Eventually the dealer was able to resolve this issue. Life was good until 34,000 miles. At 34,000 miles the air conditioning failed. Brought the car to the dealer on 7/10/14 at which time we were told the compressor had failed and that the parts were not available and that they were on a national backorder. Within a few days word came that parts were scheduled to arrive at the Hyundai warehouse on 7/21/14 and that the part would be available within 1-2 days at the dealer. Now it is 7/23/14 and all the dealer can tell us is that the parts are not yet available. Hyundai does not give any more information than that. To date I have no idea when Hyundai might decide to fulfill their obligation to us and repair the vehicle. All that I hear from their consumer affairs people is how sorry they are for the inconvenience and they understand how I feel. I would much rather have a definitve date that the parts will arrive so that the vehicle can be repaired. Bottom line is that we really like this car, the problem that we have is that with both issues we've had the repair has taken too long and Hyundai has been very poor in responding to our needs. We came from a Toyota thinking that we would try something else, now we will be lifelong Toyota buyers."

Have had this car for one year AND I LOVE IT.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Terrific value, great tech, solid ride, comfort."

Cons: "None found so far."

"I traded in a 2008 Mercedes Benz E-350 when I bought this "used" 2012 Hyundai Azera that had 10,200 on it when I got it. I actually have more "options" in this car than in my Mercedes and the maintenance costs are very much lower. I love the room, style, looks, and technology in my car. I have had many people ask me what kind it is. When I tell them I traded in my Mercedes for this car, they all say, "You're kidding. Why did you do that?" I explain all the differences between the cars and I lowered my monthly payment by $200 month and they still can't believe it. They really like the car inside and out."

Best car I have owned in years

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Love driving our car!"

Cons: "Power folding mirrors and rain sensors wipers"

"Love this vehicle as daily driver to work. Love this car as road car for trips. The cooled seats are WONDERFUL. The heated seats are great in the front and back. Trunk space is huge. Comfortable seats and my husband likes the seat extender. Sound system is great! Navigation and bluelink are both useful and easy to use."

A lovely car

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Design/Power/comfort/feature/rarity/warranty"

"I was in the market for an entry level luxury sedan for my family of 4 including two growing boys. I was considering BMW 3 series as well as Mercedez CLA 250. Then, we came across 2014 Azera. We test drove it and fell in love. It is beautifully designed, superbly comfortable and roomy. While it runs quietly and smoothly, it packs a good amount of power to quickly accelerate when needed. I also love it being rare to find on the road. It looks as beautiful as any other luxury sedans out there and it is uncommon. With the superb warranty package, we love it!"

Great Vehicle for the money!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Good price and plenty of accessories comfortable"

Cons: "Steering and road noise could be improved."

"My only criticism would be the steering which is "notchy or rubbery" when driving straight ahead at times. This problem seems to be with the EPS which was corrected on later models by a software fix. I'm still hoping to get that "fix"."

Great car! Poor handling.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Car is beautiful. Only complaint is electric steering causes car to drift out of lane. Constant correction is necessary to keep in place and inside lanes. Very tiresome on long trips."

Awesome Car

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

"Love this car! Smooth driving vehicle, great performance and handling. Comfortable interior, very roomy...lots of leg room."

Great value, Excellent performance, Beautiful Car

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "great value, economic on gas, great performance"

Cons: "Not so great in harsh winter weather"

"The 2013 Azera is a beautiful vehicle. I purchased it brand new. I have been very pleased with the performance, comfort and gas mileage. It would be even better in Western Michigan winters if it had all wheel drive. I plan to continue driving this vehicle for a long time."

So far it has been a fun car ti drive.

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "lOOKS"

"Dealership has been excellent with questions etc"

Best car I ever had

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "gas mileage is usually 25 mpg all around driving."

Cons: "no cons"

"I lease this car. I had it a year and a half so far. I love it. I love it so much I will buy it at the end of the lease if I don't lease another one. (five year bumper to bumper warranty. Will still have two years to go at the end of the lease."

Beautiful handling roomy interior best ever

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "great car, fun to drive, worth the money"

Cons: "I have none"

"This is a luxury car with navigation and technology systems, back up camera. Well appointed roomy interior, comfortably seats five adults with leg room and head rests. Leather interior and a cinch to park. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned and I've had Lincoln Continental in the past."

Great value for a car with all of these anemities!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Great price and dependability."

Cons: "Some wind noise, steering."

Before delivery 2012-04

"So far there have been no mechanical or other problems. Steering is not as precise as I would prefer. Road noise is slightly more that the 2007 Lexus ES350 I owned. Good looking car with a great and comfortable interior."

Before delivery 2012-04

Really nice car

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful, dependable, fun to drive"

Cons: "No lumbar support in passenger seat"

"We have been on several very long trips in this car. It is a pleasure to drive, and to ride in. My only complaint is that there is no lumbar support in the passenger seat."

Watch out Lexus!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Amazing design, powerful, value, safety, etc"

Cons: "fake carbon fiber.....that's it."

"I owned two lexus cars before and now own Azera. Azera drives just like lexus or better seriously. I just wish hyundai used real carbon fiber on the inside."

I love this car.

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Price, Value, Quality, Warranty"

Cons: "Plastic on the inside - could have used less"

"I just got the car and I have NO complaints so far. I'm loving it. I like the way it looks. I like the way it drives. I could have used a little more woodgrain but what you get for the money can't be beat."

Love this car! A LOT of car for the money!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Price and equipment"

Cons: "Wish mileage was a bit better"

"This car is comparable or even better than a Mercedes C class. There are a few 'high' end items that could be used - i.e. real wood grain. BUT for what you get, front and rear heated seats, NAV and tech package this car is a steal!"

Hidden Gem

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Great price, great warranty, great features."

Cons: "Nothing"

"My wife was in SFO to visit family and rented the Ford Fusion, so when she returned and started our car shopping it was the first car we looked at, but what she rented was the 2012 which she loved, but what we saw was the 2013/2014 and it has less leg room than the 2012, so we have the Hyundai dealership just down the road, we walked in and started to look at the Santa Fe for the rear leg room, but right next to it was the Azera. Wow, we test drove it and we had to have it. We got all the bells and whistles and ended up paying $35,078 for a car with a sticker of over $38,000. We Love this car, you just can't beat what you get for the money. Leather, 550 watt Infinity sound system with 12 speakers and Sirius/xm. Moon roof , I can go on and on but I hope your getting the message. Buy this car!"

Great car for the money!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive!"

Cons: "Voice command could be better."

"Get it loaded and it will have plenty of toys! Love the bluelink also for remote starting the car on hot days. The front seats are both cooled and heated. Very comfortable!"

Cons: "Looks sportier than it drives"

"The 2013 Hyundai Azera is an amazing car for the price you pay. The base model comes standard with features like heated front and rear seats, navigation, back up camera, xm radio, leather seats, and keyless start to name a few. It has tons of room and a very spacious trunk. I traded in my 2011 Sonata for it and I am happy about the upgrade. It doesn't drive as well as my Sonata Turbo, but it holds up well enough. The best part is you can easily negotiate the price down on the Azera, as dealers have a hard time moving them for some reason. I got mine for $900 under invoice. After the $750 I got from Hyundai, I paid bout $29250 on a sticker price of $33350. You are not going to get more in a car for $30k."

Cons: "Looks sportier than it drives"

You feel good pulling up to a Benz at the light.

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"I didn't know this modle existed before i saw it in the showroom. I was looking at the Sonata and wow i saw it for the first time. Beautiful lines and the interior just took the cake. It pulls a little on agressive take offs but otherwise the handling is very good. Gas milage is not the greatest but Hyundai is sending a gas card to off set that somewhat. (for the life of the vehicle) SWEET! I could not have done any better than this, especially for the cost. Its just a car but i do love it,truely I DO."

Value, Comfort and Style! Need I Say More?

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful Design, Comfortable Ride, Value Leader"

Cons: "Dated or Absent Technology, Middling Suspension"

2013 Hyundai Azera with Technology Package in Porcelain White Pearl

"Though I've only owned the Azera for a short time, I've been looking at everything on the market in this size class for several months and found the combination of style, feature content and comfort an extremely compelling argument for the big Hyundai. I got my 2013 Azera Technology for $31,380 - a little better than $6K discount from the MSRP, including a $750.00 dealer incentive. With the technology package features, I would have paid nearly $9K more than the full-price of the Azera if I had purchased the Lexus ES, and then would have seen myself coming and going at every street corner or mall parking lot in the nation! I purchased the Porcelain White Pearl with Chestnut Brown leather interior - a color combination that's not even available on the Azera's direct competitors. It's visually stunning with supple leather that appears fit for vehicles two price classes higher. I think this is the BEST iteration of Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture design language, eliciting looks and comments everywhere I go. Add to the mix a 293hp V6 engine that still gets 29mpg on the highway and it's a winning combination. So what's not to like? Well, the "technology" package unfortunately doesn't have a system like Ford's Sync or even corporate cousin Kia's UVO system, meaning the navigation system and voice controls are lower-tech. In addition, there's no BLIS, Lane Departure Warning or Advanced Cruise Controls systems available. For a near-luxury vehicle, these are really becoming must haves, as the upcoming 2014 Kia Cadenza demonstrates. What does it have? Heated & Cooled Front Seats and Heated Rear Seats, an Automatic Rear Sunshade (a must in Sunny South Carolina), and Hyundai's BlueLink telematics system that allows you to get real time updates on your vehicles systems (even start the car remotely via your cellphone), get destination updates, restaurant recommendations and emergency service at the touch of a button. It works and works well, although it is a fee-based service... The suspension is the only real fly in the ointment as it appears Hyundai, while aping the suspension tautness of European models, forgot that those models are taut for a reason, meaning the vehicle isn't especially composed when being whipped through the corners; however, this isn't going to matter to 99.8% of their customers, so it's unlikely to matter to you either. ;) All in all, I have been STUNNED by the amazing strides Hyundai has made in the quality, features and desirability of their products. I anticipate having and enjoying the Azera for many years to come."

2013 Hyundai Azera with Technology Package in Porcelain White Pearl

I love this car!!

By on Saturday, May 04, 2013

Pros: "I love driving this car!"

Cons: "I have no cons!"

"I am absolutely pleased with my Azera. I receive compliments and looks all the time. I have been told that it drives and rides better than a Mercedes and that it looks like a Mercedes and the cost for repairs will not break my pocket book like a Mercedes would have done. This is the first time that I have been absolutely pleased with a car purchase. I love the way it drives and the luxurious feel it has on the interior. I was driving a Honda but I did not like it at all. I highly recommend this car!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Azera near Honolulu. See local deals