2012 Hyundai Azera

Based on 43 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

I have owned many autos. This baby is tops with me

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "A very enjoyable ride and love the acceleration."

Cons: "No cons here."

"Moving at 75mph at night on interstate. My headlights catch a sofa in the middle lane,which I was traveling, perpendicular to the road. My Azera Limited swung right around the sofa and stuck to the road beautifully and in full control. Folks, that is what I call fantastic stability and great driving dynamics.Plus the ride is very comfortable indeed."

As good as any Benz i've had at half the price.

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "great car"

"none"

Poor handling constant vibrations and drifting.

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

"Bought a 2014 Limited and had it back in the dealer 4 days later for vibrations. Has been in the shop five times before the first payment and still no resolutions. Vibrations and drifting at highway speeds. The rougher the road the worse the vibrations. The vehicle does not conform well to the road. Has great features but the driving experience makes it a non pleasurable experience."

Terrific car for the money.

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "value, performance, features, comfort, space"

Cons: "no significant complaints"

"My comments come after owning the car for 2.5 years, putting over 50K miles on it, and are calibrated considering my buy-in price of just a little over 31K new (plus tax etc). All the good remarks about room, features, comfort etc are right on the money. It's hard to imagine a more stylish and feature packed car in this price range. I don't understand the complaints about the steering and handling. I've been a very spirited driver my whole life and have no complaints about the balance that Hyundai struck between ride comfort and handling composure during hard cornering. Lean is well controlled and the suspension is very well damped, almost a little too much at times as the car has a firm ride, but I like that. The steering feels solid and well connected, and I have never noticed mine wandering like some others complain of. In fact the car goes very straight hands-off. The OEM tires have limits that can be found quickly, but the car exhibits very benign understeer that is typical of front drivers and it never does anything unexpected even when pushed hard. I once found myself mixed up with a large group of Corvette owners doing a club run up a windy mountain road. After 20 or 30 miles of fun, I found that the lowly Hyundai sedan had left most of them in the dust and was only behind a handful of the better/faster drivers in the club. I was very impressed with the car in general but definitely wishing for some sticky tires. Obviously I'm not trying to say that the car is a sport car beater, but I thought it did quite well for a large family sedan. I've done many long trips with this car and never once found it tiring in any way; in fact, quite the opposite, always found it comfortable and capable. Some of my trips include long stretches of remote two lane at very elevated speeds. The car is composed and confidence inspiring even cruising at speeds between 100-120 (only done when alone and visibility allows of course). I've had zero problems with the car since new. I only have two nitpicks that have to do with the engine/transmission tuning. One is that it runs rich under heavy acceleration and often leaves some black residue around the exhaust tips. I've asked the dealer about this but there is no update available. The second is that the shift performance could be sharper. With the go pedal mashed, you can actually feel the acceleration taper off slightly between shifts, as if engine timing is being reduced to limit torque during the shift. I think the car would be noticeably quicker and more fun to drive if they would allow the transmission to shift harder and keep full power on through the shifts. Other than those two minor things, I have no complaints with the car. I typically get 25 in town and 29-30 on the highway running about 80. Obviously there are better cars out there, and if you want a true sports sedan you should be looking at RWD, but you will write a much bigger check for them. For what it is and in this price range, the Azera is a great car."

My favorite car I've ever had!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"I wanted a BMW or Mercedes because of the looks and features, but this car has given me everything that those cars have except the badge. I love the looks and the features are unbelievable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Azera near Honolulu. See local deals