2012 Hyundai Azera

Based on 40 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Terrific car for the money.

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "value, performance, features, comfort, space"

Cons: "no significant complaints"

"My comments come after owning the car for 2.5 years, putting over 50K miles on it, and are calibrated considering my buy-in price of just a little over 31K new (plus tax etc). All the good remarks about room, features, comfort etc are right on the money. It's hard to imagine a more stylish and feature packed car in this price range. I don't understand the complaints about the steering and handling. I've been a very spirited driver my whole life and have no complaints about the balance that Hyundai struck between ride comfort and handling composure during hard cornering. Lean is well controlled and the suspension is very well damped, almost a little too much at times as the car has a firm ride, but I like that. The steering feels solid and well connected, and I have never noticed mine wandering like some others complain of. In fact the car goes very straight hands-off. The OEM tires have limits that can be found quickly, but the car exhibits very benign understeer that is typical of front drivers and it never does anything unexpected even when pushed hard. I once found myself mixed up with a large group of Corvette owners doing a club run up a windy mountain road. After 20 or 30 miles of fun, I found that the lowly Hyundai sedan had left most of them in the dust and was only behind a handful of the better/faster drivers in the club. I was very impressed with the car in general but definitely wishing for some sticky tires. Obviously I'm not trying to say that the car is a sport car beater, but I thought it did quite well for a large family sedan. I've done many long trips with this car and never once found it tiring in any way; in fact, quite the opposite, always found it comfortable and capable. Some of my trips include long stretches of remote two lane at very elevated speeds. The car is composed and confidence inspiring even cruising at speeds between 100-120 (only done when alone and visibility allows of course). I've had zero problems with the car since new. I only have two nitpicks that have to do with the engine/transmission tuning. One is that it runs rich under heavy acceleration and often leaves some black residue around the exhaust tips. I've asked the dealer about this but there is no update available. The second is that the shift performance could be sharper. With the go pedal mashed, you can actually feel the acceleration taper off slightly between shifts, as if engine timing is being reduced to limit torque during the shift. I think the car would be noticeably quicker and more fun to drive if they would allow the transmission to shift harder and keep full power on through the shifts. Other than those two minor things, I have no complaints with the car. I typically get 25 in town and 29-30 on the highway running about 80. Obviously there are better cars out there, and if you want a true sports sedan you should be looking at RWD, but you will write a much bigger check for them. For what it is and in this price range, the Azera is a great car."

My favorite car I've ever had!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"I wanted a BMW or Mercedes because of the looks and features, but this car has given me everything that those cars have except the badge. I love the looks and the features are unbelievable."

Great Deal for the Money!

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

"I bought my Azera in Aug 2012 new. I have not had one issue with it. Love the vented seats... lifesaver in the summer heat. It just rolled over 30,000 miles today and only been to the dealer once for a minor issue the tire light. My 3rd Hyundai and never had an issue with any of them. I would buy another one tomorrow."

worst car on the market

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "this car is not even fit to look at and a horror"

Cons: "this car is no nothing"

"This car is so bad that even the Hyundai dealers don't want it as a trade in."

sterring poor

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

"dealer ship service dept verry good"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Hyundai Azera near Honolulu. See local deals