2013 Hyundai Accent

8.3

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

overall beats the competition

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "mpg, so far no problems."

Cons: "no spare, no after sale support."

"This review is for a 2012 model so small differences may exist from a 2013. This car is quite a good value compared to the competition. I drove them all I think, dollar for dollar Accent is the best bang for the buck. I have the 6 speed manual and mileage and performance is very good, folks with the automatics complain of less than stellar MPG and poor performance, at least that is what I read. I'm happy with my manual trans version. I do think the electric assist steering is not ready for prime time, it takes a lot of correction to keep a straight line and can become tiring after a while. Maybe it can be addressed via a software update. The other major gripe for me is NO SPARE TIRE, just a can of sealant and junky compressor (spare tire is available for $300.00 as a dealer option) yet Canadian Accent's still comes with compact spares. A fact the sales people don't volunteer, that there is no spare. I've contacted both Hyundai zone office and the dealer, so far they don't seem to care. There seems to be a serious lack of after sale concern by either party. Very short sighted attitude. Factor this in your decision to buy a Hyundai, it may not be the value it seems to be on it's face. I personally wouldn't buy another Hyundai because there seems to be no concern for the customer after the sale."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

Great car for a Great Price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Power, MPG, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "No Keyless Entry, Overbearing brake assist"

my car the first day

"This is the first new car that I have ever owned. I have had 2 Dodge Neons and a fully loaded Chrysler Concorde LXi and I have to say that for the money, this car is astounding. Mine is the base GL model with the premium package giving me A/C and power windows and locks. This package doesn't include remote keyless entry however, which was kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker. I have split my driving over both city and highway driving as well as one long (800+) mile road trip. Through all situations the fuel efficiency is astoundingly good. I am by no means a slow driver and I tend to do hard acceleration at times and this car, despite the small engine, never disappoints. And even with my driving style, the fuel efficiency almost never dips below 32 mpg average. The comfort of this car is also amazing. Like I mentioned earlier I drove this car on an 800 mile road trip and I never felt like my butt had fallen asleep or my legs or back hurt. The seat provided great support without the hardness and was very comfortable. Additionally, I only had to fill up my gas tank once during that whole trip and made it home with about 1/4 tank left. The safety features that come standard were a big factor in my choice. The vehicle comes with multiple airbags as standard including side curtain airbags which, for a small car, is very important. Traction control, 4 wheel ABS and 4 wheel disc brakes were also a big plus. There are a few things that could be better, including the suspension being a bit soft, but then it's not a sports car, the brake assist program is sometimes too invasive, and the transmission can be a little wonky (odd shift points) outside of ECO mode at times. Overall, however, I would highly recommend this car to those looking to get into a highly reliable, economical and inexpensive vehicle."

my car the first day