2013 Hyundai Accent

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

GDI engine is amazing, quality issues with body...

By on Friday, December 18, 2015

Pros: "136 horses, light, 35 -40 MPG, agile & quick!"

Cons: "Trim quality issues, a little on the delicate side"

"I love the GDI. It's the wave of the future. Instead of trading fuel economy for horsepower, these engines boost both. It's no coincidence that of the 12 production models in the world with GDI engines, nine models are luxury cars or exotics. Light, goes like a bat out of Hades, and I get almost 40 mpg regularly. Only issue is with body and trim quality. The front bumper is held on with these flimsy little clips. The first time you park with the bumper over a curb (you will) or bottom out (you will), it comes loose. I hit a baby deer a week ago. No body damage whatsoever, but now the bumper is falling off. But I suppose that's how they keep the weight down. Rock solid reliable. Agile. Actually a sharp looking car. I would recommend it to anyone!"

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

good value but Hyundai America non-responsive

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Value, roomy int, good MPG. Nice 6 speed manual"

Cons: "steering, no spare, poor support"

"The 2012 Accent itself is a nice car with many positive attributes. For a well appointed transportation car it's hard to beat for the money. The electric assist steering takes some getting used to though, can be tiring on a long drive. This vehicle has no spare tire unless you buy one as an option at a $300.00 cost. Factor that into the price if that matters to you. If you have a concern that can't be resolved at the dealer level don't expect any help from Hyundai America. They don't seem to care about the customer after the sale. What is the point of a long warranty if there is no support. So far the car has been reliable but I will be selling it soon because of the attitude of Hyundai and will be going back to Toyota or Honda, they know how to treat their customers."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"