2013 Hyundai Accent

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

great car

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and economical"

Cons: "no dashboard backup or built in GPS"

"very versitale"

Second Accent; Reliable as ever.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "low price, good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "didn't come with keyless, bumper fitment dodgy."

"I bought this car new in December of 2011, and it has never let me down. The only thing that has been replaced was the right outer tie rod end, and that's down to the state of the roads in NY. It consistently delivers 30+ mpg (combined), even in the snow, and has topped out at 48mpg on a long road trip last summer. A friend with a Civic Hybrid was vaguely jealous of my car, because of the gas mileage and lack of Hybrid issues (like when the chargers wear out). Of course, you do get what you pay for, so there were a few things I needed to change/add when I got the car. The original tires on the car were those horrible low-friction tires for economy; they wore out after the first year (15,000 miles; rest of the year I was on snows). Back when I got mine, the sedan with manual transmission didn't have an option for keyless entry, so that was the first thing I added to the car. Next, out went the factory speakers and headunit, because I needed bluetooth for my job and the speakers had blown (after the first 1.5 years). On the highway, it holds its own when moving through traffic; I find myself overtaking with ease. In the city, it has pretty good handling and can sneak through tight spaces. The seats are comfortable enough to last through hour after hour of driving, unlike my 2007 Accent, which I needed to change the driver's seat due to how uncomfortable it was."

Wanted an economical commuter.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Plenty of room in the front and rear. Great drive."

Cons: "Bigger gas tank. The 24 hour clock."

"First of all this is an economy compact car. With that in mind there are things you expect to get and things you don't expect to get from a vehicle like this. My rating reflects how well my expectations were met with this brand new off the lot purchase. I find the power ample. I don't have a lead foot, but when I need some extra power it is there to be had.I like the interior and have had no problems driving long distances with back discomfort. The interior seems as though it is built to last and I appreciate the cup holders front and rear. This is a quiet ride too. Sometimes at idle it is hard to know if the engine is running or not. Gear changes on my automatic is very smooth. I love the fuel economy. I average about 36 to the gallon between fill ups. On an interstate at about 65 mph with cruise control on and just me in the car, I can average over 42 mpg. Mine's a sedan, not a hatch back. Rear storage has been ample in every situation so far. I like the look better too. I enjoy the blue tooth for hand free phone calls and have found they system to work very well. It is not often I buy a new car. It is a big decision. So far no regrets."

Good For Long Trips!! Great Commuter

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"I have driven almost 20,000 miles in one year and have enjoyed this Hyundai Accent Hatchback. While the power does seem a little low it definitely makes up for it in gas mileage. I find that I average from 37-42 mpg on my road trips and from about 36-38 mpg commuting to work and back. The interior is a little cheap and so is the paint job, but the feeling of all power windows, doors, mirror is worth it for the price."

Very fuel-efficient, easy to drive and reliable.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Price, fuel efficiency, easy to drive"

Cons: "Cramped back seat"

"I've truly enjoyed driving my Accent. It's a little car, and I'm a tall guy, so it's a bit comical to see me step out of it, but the front seats have plenty of room. Back seats are definitely cramped, but that's truly my only complaint. On the highway it gets amazing mileage (~38 mpg), in the city it does 24-30 depending on how mellow I'm driving. I haven't put a ton of miles on it so all I've ever done is change the oil. Still drives like a dream. Excellent alignment, tight turn radius, very easy to maneuver around tight parking spots. Sound system rocks too (and really that's the most important thing)."