2013 Hyundai Accent

Based on 37 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

great car

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and economical"

Cons: "no dashboard backup or built in GPS"

"very versitale"

Great Car For The Money! Plenty of room

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Spacious driver area, features, PRICE"

Cons: "Cup holder gets blocked by arm rest"

"I absolutely love this car. I bought the SE model hatchback brand new and 12000 mikes layer still love it. Plenty of get up and go when needed and I regularly get 36+ mpg highway. I can get 28mpg city consistently if you dont punch it every time you take off. Im a bigger guy (6'2" 280lbs) and fit surprisingly well into this. Most other hatchbacks ie. fiesta/focus/fit, I found my knees hitting the dash not in this! All the features are nice although the ride quality decreases a lot with 3+ people in the car. Great for commuting! I was looking at the Chevy Sonic or this and for the price and features, the sonic couldnt touch this!"

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Second Accent; Reliable as ever.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "low price, good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "didn't come with keyless, bumper fitment dodgy."

"I bought this car new in December of 2011, and it has never let me down. The only thing that has been replaced was the right outer tie rod end, and that's down to the state of the roads in NY. It consistently delivers 30+ mpg (combined), even in the snow, and has topped out at 48mpg on a long road trip last summer. A friend with a Civic Hybrid was vaguely jealous of my car, because of the gas mileage and lack of Hybrid issues (like when the chargers wear out). Of course, you do get what you pay for, so there were a few things I needed to change/add when I got the car. The original tires on the car were those horrible low-friction tires for economy; they wore out after the first year (15,000 miles; rest of the year I was on snows). Back when I got mine, the sedan with manual transmission didn't have an option for keyless entry, so that was the first thing I added to the car. Next, out went the factory speakers and headunit, because I needed bluetooth for my job and the speakers had blown (after the first 1.5 years). On the highway, it holds its own when moving through traffic; I find myself overtaking with ease. In the city, it has pretty good handling and can sneak through tight spaces. The seats are comfortable enough to last through hour after hour of driving, unlike my 2007 Accent, which I needed to change the driver's seat due to how uncomfortable it was."

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."