2013 Hyundai Accent

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Hyundai has definitely turned the corner!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, price, comfort, aesthetics"

Cons: "no remote trunk release"

"This car is proof that Hyundai is becoming a real player in the reliable/quality car industry. The 1.6L GDI engine averages between 33-36 mpg's for me (about 20%/80% highway/city driving) and when you take off eco, or use the sport-tronic shifting, it definitely has some get-up-and-go. The suspension offers some pretty good cornering, and a really quiet ride. As for the electric assist steering.. you can feel the difference if you're looking for it, but if you're just trying to enjoy the drive then it's flawless. No corrections needed, as long as your alignment is right (which after 24k miles, mine is still fine). Hyundai has a great warranty, which admittedly I have been forced to use once so far (the windshield washer feed line fell off). However, I brought it into my local Hyundai dealer (now located in Louisiana), and within 30 minutes they had updated my CPU, replaced the feed line, and gave the car an inspection - All free of charge, which is GREAT! I regularly carry my girlfriend and 2 of my friends (north of 6' males) and there is never a want for knee space. Taking the car from Jersey to Louisiana was surprisingly comfortable (averaged 44 mpg's on that trip!) and the cost to fill up the gas tank has never exceeded $35.00. I'll update if anything goes wrong with this, but I sincerely believe that Hyundai has tweeked their lineup to be competitors to Toyota, Honda and Nissan as opposed to Kia.. Maintenance is really easy, I don't even need to jack the car up to change the oil, you can reach everything from the front (good thing, because they don't include a jack, or a spare tire either). All in all, this car is great bang for the buck, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fuel efficient car."

overall beats the competition

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "mpg, so far no problems."

Cons: "no spare, no after sale support."

"This review is for a 2012 model so small differences may exist from a 2013. This car is quite a good value compared to the competition. I drove them all I think, dollar for dollar Accent is the best bang for the buck. I have the 6 speed manual and mileage and performance is very good, folks with the automatics complain of less than stellar MPG and poor performance, at least that is what I read. I'm happy with my manual trans version. I do think the electric assist steering is not ready for prime time, it takes a lot of correction to keep a straight line and can become tiring after a while. Maybe it can be addressed via a software update. The other major gripe for me is NO SPARE TIRE, just a can of sealant and junky compressor (spare tire is available for $300.00 as a dealer option) yet Canadian Accent's still comes with compact spares. A fact the sales people don't volunteer, that there is no spare. I've contacted both Hyundai zone office and the dealer, so far they don't seem to care. There seems to be a serious lack of after sale concern by either party. Very short sighted attitude. Factor this in your decision to buy a Hyundai, it may not be the value it seems to be on it's face. I personally wouldn't buy another Hyundai because there seems to be no concern for the customer after the sale."

Great car for a Great Price

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Price, Power, MPG, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "No Keyless Entry, Overbearing brake assist"

my car the first day

"This is the first new car that I have ever owned. I have had 2 Dodge Neons and a fully loaded Chrysler Concorde LXi and I have to say that for the money, this car is astounding. Mine is the base GL model with the premium package giving me A/C and power windows and locks. This package doesn't include remote keyless entry however, which was kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker. I have split my driving over both city and highway driving as well as one long (800+) mile road trip. Through all situations the fuel efficiency is astoundingly good. I am by no means a slow driver and I tend to do hard acceleration at times and this car, despite the small engine, never disappoints. And even with my driving style, the fuel efficiency almost never dips below 32 mpg average. The comfort of this car is also amazing. Like I mentioned earlier I drove this car on an 800 mile road trip and I never felt like my butt had fallen asleep or my legs or back hurt. The seat provided great support without the hardness and was very comfortable. Additionally, I only had to fill up my gas tank once during that whole trip and made it home with about 1/4 tank left. The safety features that come standard were a big factor in my choice. The vehicle comes with multiple airbags as standard including side curtain airbags which, for a small car, is very important. Traction control, 4 wheel ABS and 4 wheel disc brakes were also a big plus. There are a few things that could be better, including the suspension being a bit soft, but then it's not a sports car, the brake assist program is sometimes too invasive, and the transmission can be a little wonky (odd shift points) outside of ECO mode at times. Overall, however, I would highly recommend this car to those looking to get into a highly reliable, economical and inexpensive vehicle."

my car the first day

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."

Great Car For The Money! Plenty of room

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Spacious driver area, features, PRICE"

Cons: "Cup holder gets blocked by arm rest"

"I absolutely love this car. I bought the SE model hatchback brand new and 12000 mikes layer still love it. Plenty of get up and go when needed and I regularly get 36+ mpg highway. I can get 28mpg city consistently if you dont punch it every time you take off. Im a bigger guy (6'2" 280lbs) and fit surprisingly well into this. Most other hatchbacks ie. fiesta/focus/fit, I found my knees hitting the dash not in this! All the features are nice although the ride quality decreases a lot with 3+ people in the car. Great for commuting! I was looking at the Chevy Sonic or this and for the price and features, the sonic couldnt touch this!"

Very good economy car

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "steering control"

Cons: "stylish exteriors, good leg room, 31 MPG in city"

"I was looking for a economy car and found Hyundai accent as the best option. Go for this car if you are looking for compact car with stylish exteriors, good leg room, good interiors, fuel economy, price around $16,000 and easy maintenance."

Good reliable transportation.

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price, reliable, good on gas!"

Cons: "Steering needs constant correction."

"I drive over 3,400 miles a month, just for work. Then, on the weekends my wife and I take My Accent for our weekly shopping. I own a 2010 Town & Country and we prefer to take my Accent. I recommend this car to anyone that needs affordable reliable transportation. You can drive long distances in relative comfort. I was suprised. Good on gas too! I average over 40 MPG!!"

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

good value but Hyundai America non-responsive

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Value, roomy int, good MPG. Nice 6 speed manual"

Cons: "steering, no spare, poor support"

"The 2012 Accent itself is a nice car with many positive attributes. For a well appointed transportation car it's hard to beat for the money. The electric assist steering takes some getting used to though, can be tiring on a long drive. This vehicle has no spare tire unless you buy one as an option at a $300.00 cost. Factor that into the price if that matters to you. If you have a concern that can't be resolved at the dealer level don't expect any help from Hyundai America. They don't seem to care about the customer after the sale. What is the point of a long warranty if there is no support. So far the car has been reliable but I will be selling it soon because of the attitude of Hyundai and will be going back to Toyota or Honda, they know how to treat their customers."

Handles well, comfortable, excellent visibility

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"very good car. reliable, very good visibility, very good gas mileage, comfortable, sporty feel."

Nice car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Good economy, good room for such a small car"

Cons: "Begs for a performance version"

"It is a very good-value little car. The technology is superb. Fuel economy is good, although for being such a small car maybe could be a little better. We have an automatic; a manual would probably be better performance and slightly better fuel economy-wise. Hyundai is doing a great job and this car attests to that. Time will tell if these cars fare as well in older age and high mileage as say a Honda, Toyota, or Mazda, but in the early stages appear on par with the other high-reliability, high-efficiency autos."

Great car

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "May have gotten better deal if I haggled more"

"My first trip, pulled in 37 mpg over 350 miles, combined city and highway. Steers well, smooth ride, love the 6 speed manual tranny."

Never thought I would be a First owner of a NewCAR

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Affordable, Stylish, Fuel Friendly, Iphone hookups"

Cons: "lights are not automatic"

"I was really surprised when the dealership said I could afford it. Gas is AMAZING, 30$ to fill it and I get about 300-400 miles off a full tank. Im 21 years old and this car is absolutely my favorite. The radio set up allows me to control my phone with out having to touch my phone! So quite inside. oh and it handles very well in accidents. I plan on keeping this car till it can no longer run and then I will buy another one!!!!!"

^ Value:Lower Quality made up by driving dynamic

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Driving, Look, Price"

Cons: "Craftsmenship & A/C under-engineered"

"The overal value of the car is 9 of 10 based on the cost in comparison to the overall car. The quality of this model compared to 2010 Nissan Versa (we own)is lacking. It started with a bracket being loose at time of sale and rattling all the way home. Repaired the next day. Within the first 5K miles the drivers control of the passenger window failed. The A/C system of this model are under engineered. There is not enough power to the car to run the compressor at 100% unless your driving. I complained about the A/C compressor having a noise like the sound of the A/C water standing/draining when the car at rest. No issues found even though I heard something (1K-10K). No longer hear noise but now car looses power when the lights are turned on during the day when it is hot outside and A/C is running at full capacity. Front right bracket to bumper failed at approx 30K miles. Original tires didn't last the full rated time and had to be replaced at approx 30K miles."

Best vehicle for someone just starting out.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "great price nice interior."

"Quite the best car i have had, for someone just starting out and going to school with less down time at the gas station and good on miles per gallon averaging about 34mpg highway wouldn't think of anything better."

Great little car

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Lots of pep, great interstate mileage, quiet"

Cons: "Poor city mileage"

"This car does everything very well except getting as advertised mileage in urban driving. Even when set in the ECO mode I rarely get more than 23 mpg. It does exceed 40 mpg on the interstate. Its ride is better than my 2012 Elantra and it's quieter as well."

First time Hyundai owner

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, front leg room for a small car"

Cons: "Rear window visibility"

"Bought this for it's gas mileage and good consumer reports that I read. It has met or exceeded most of my expectations. The jury is still out for it's reliability, but so far so good."

Nice car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Good economy, good room for such a small car"

Cons: "Begs for a performance version"

Excellent vehicle for the value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I purchased this vehicle when my Saturn finally died. I had heard about Hyundai, but my primary concern was to obtain a vehicle that was both a manual and great gas mileage; this vehicle does both for me. In addition, the trunk space is quite large for the 5-door model, and seats my whole family (myself, wife, two daughters, plus a space in the middle for another smaller person). The price tag is a little high for the vehicle, but I admit, this is probably due to my need for a vehicle and little haggling. Overall, very satisfied; great fuel efficiency and spacious for my needs."

Terrible at holding value

By on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pros: "Warranty"

Cons: "Extremely low trad in value"

"Cute car but only a good deal if you never plan on trading it in."

Excellant quality for price

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Pricing...Ride .....body integrity...many standard"

Cons: "would like electric seats"

"After 11000 miles the fuel mileage is astounding. Cruise control on at 68mph gets constantly 43-44 MPG. Very comfortable and quiet. I bought the spare tire kit as it was a reasonable price and piece of mind. Overall the car exceeds my expectations. I also have 2011 Sonata Limited so we are used to the electric steering so no problem there"

Good For Long Trips!! Great Commuter

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"I have driven almost 20,000 miles in one year and have enjoyed this Hyundai Accent Hatchback. While the power does seem a little low it definitely makes up for it in gas mileage. I find that I average from 37-42 mpg on my road trips and from about 36-38 mpg commuting to work and back. The interior is a little cheap and so is the paint job, but the feeling of all power windows, doors, mirror is worth it for the price."