2013 Hyundai Accent

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Good For Long Trips!! Great Commuter

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"I have driven almost 20,000 miles in one year and have enjoyed this Hyundai Accent Hatchback. While the power does seem a little low it definitely makes up for it in gas mileage. I find that I average from 37-42 mpg on my road trips and from about 36-38 mpg commuting to work and back. The interior is a little cheap and so is the paint job, but the feeling of all power windows, doors, mirror is worth it for the price."

Nice compact for someone in town.

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"The seating material and/or color is not desireable......shows dirt, even water spots. The anti skid is not user friendly. Other than that, this car would be great for someone who does not eat or drink in it, and who does not live where country roads will be a problem in the winter."

I am glad I purchased the vehicle

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "great highway milage,excellant city millage"

Cons: "pickup is not as fast as my turbo Sante fe"

"I bought this car in Albany NY and it was good in the snow. I retired to Edmond Ok. and it is better here."

Outstanding for an econocar. Runs like a sportscar

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Nimble, plenty of extras"

"Acceleration is surprisingly good for such a small engine. Seating is comfortable. My Accent has a lot of features and is painted a pretty light blue color. My only complaint is that the front air dam is too low to the ground and I have to stay back from curbs."

Not bad but not for me

By on Monday, December 01, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, affordable"

Cons: "speakers are terrible"

"There are more things that I like than those that I don't. It's a relatively spacious small sedan with decent acceleration and great gas mileage, but the speakers leave a lot to be desired. If you're a big music fan, this probably isn't the best vehicle for you."

Great reliable, fuel efficient car.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, eco friendly"

Cons: "not enough HP"

"Gets good MPG, roomy, very comfy. Only complaint is that it doesn't accelerate very well"

Handles well, comfortable, excellent visibility

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"very good car. reliable, very good visibility, very good gas mileage, comfortable, sporty feel."

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "fun, inexpensive, black exterior"

Cons: "Although stylish, interior hard to keep clean"

"Quick, responsive, gas sipper- love it!"

2013 Accent GLS automatic

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, six speakers, roomy trunk, good on gas, cheap maintenance"

Cons: "Reliability, quality, cheaply made"

"I bought my accent back in January 2014 with 63 miles on it and eight months later I'm ready to trade it in. Within the first few days of driving it I noticed there was a vibration coming from the front wheels when slowing down to full stop. I took it to the dealership and they said the rotors were warped. They resurface the rotors and I had no more vibration. After that I began to notice that the car had trouble staying in a straight line during highway driving. It was as if the wheels couldn't find their alignment, the car slightly swerved to the left and right demanding constant attention to the steering wheel. It could be from the tires being so skinny. But I still took the car to the dealership about five times regarding this concern and they always said they didn't find anything. So I gave up and decided to drive the car the way it is. About six months later I noticed a small rattling noise that seem to be coming from front wheels as well. I could only hear this noise at night. Two months later I can now hear this noise in the daytime. It only happens if I drive over bumps or rough road. On top of that the engine now makes a windup noise when accelerating and shifting gears. The problem occurred when I pumped 91 fuel on accident. That just let me know that This car is very cheaply built and the quality is poor. Too many problems have occurred and the dealership wasn't helpful. I'm getting rid of this car as soon as possible."

Hit a 400lb bear @ 60mph went airborne w/o injury

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great safety if driving defensively w/ control."

Cons: "Additional padding needed on seats."

"Major damage (totaled) to underbody and front end, but the car definitely held up to the impact without flipping and I was able to steer to roadside on the tire rims (blew on impacting the road). The seat cushion could use more padding to buffer the impact, but I received a good post trauma medical report - no injuries, just sore for a few weeks."

^ Value:Lower Quality made up by driving dynamic

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Driving, Look, Price"

Cons: "Craftsmenship & A/C under-engineered"

"The overal value of the car is 9 of 10 based on the cost in comparison to the overall car. The quality of this model compared to 2010 Nissan Versa (we own)is lacking. It started with a bracket being loose at time of sale and rattling all the way home. Repaired the next day. Within the first 5K miles the drivers control of the passenger window failed. The A/C system of this model are under engineered. There is not enough power to the car to run the compressor at 100% unless your driving. I complained about the A/C compressor having a noise like the sound of the A/C water standing/draining when the car at rest. No issues found even though I heard something (1K-10K). No longer hear noise but now car looses power when the lights are turned on during the day when it is hot outside and A/C is running at full capacity. Front right bracket to bumper failed at approx 30K miles. Original tires didn't last the full rated time and had to be replaced at approx 30K miles."

Great driving car, plenty of room.

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "no carpet."

"I use this car for work and back. Been averaging 40 to 41 mpg. Still can't believe the power this car has, to get such good mileage. It reminds me of the Saturn I used to have, but better. No complaints so far..."

Good economy car

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Love the color. Hyundai has reimbursement program."

Cons: "Sits too low. Little bit too small for me"

"I love my car, but it is too small for me. You feel every bump because it sits so low to the ground. I would like to get a little bigger car with cruise control. I didn't get the full package either because I didn't want to wait. I would like to get a bigger sized car with Bluetooth compatibility as well. My next car will be a bigger Hyundai. Overall, it is a good car and great on gas mileage. I very much like the Hyundai model car. Gets 30 mpg in city and 45-50 mpg on the highway. Wonderful on the highway."

Best in the Price in terms of value for money

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Price wise good, Light weight and Fuel efficient"

Cons: "Engine is not powerful like SUV so a diff league"

"Best in the Price in terms of value for money. Best for a small Family, and avarege use.Lot of saving in term of fuel."

Excellent vehicle for the value

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel efficiency"

Cons: "Could use a little more power"

"I purchased this vehicle when my Saturn finally died. I had heard about Hyundai, but my primary concern was to obtain a vehicle that was both a manual and great gas mileage; this vehicle does both for me. In addition, the trunk space is quite large for the 5-door model, and seats my whole family (myself, wife, two daughters, plus a space in the middle for another smaller person). The price tag is a little high for the vehicle, but I admit, this is probably due to my need for a vehicle and little haggling. Overall, very satisfied; great fuel efficiency and spacious for my needs."

I love it!!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Amaazing Gas!"

Cons: "No Spare =\"

"This car is amazing!!!! I bought it back on Novemeber 2013, and the gas milage is amazing! 38 highway 28 city, I usually have to put gas once a week! Car is very quiet! Pretty comfortable! Couple little things, wish the back seats had a cup holder, and also NO SPARE!!!! Just a stupid machine in the back that u don't know if it will even work. A lot of trunk space which is AMAZING! ipod player as well, this car has it all! I would have give it all 10's if only it had a spare tire."

Best vehicle for someone just starting out.

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "great price nice interior."

"Quite the best car i have had, for someone just starting out and going to school with less down time at the gas station and good on miles per gallon averaging about 34mpg highway wouldn't think of anything better."

Great Economical CAr

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, Comfortable Seats, Quality"

Cons: "cupholder location"

"First Hyundai I have owned. Went from Honda Fit to Accent SE w/sunroof and 6 speed auto. This car is a real surprise. Interior is very comfortable and seats and driver legroom is ergonomically correct and comfortable. Exterior design is great and it appears many competitors are utilizing in their new designs. Gas mileage is refreshing and available amenities and options are plentiful. Highly recommend this vehicle."

nice low cost vehicle, use in town only

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "low cost, fun to drive, great trunk space"

Cons: "no spare tire, no 4 wheel disk brakes, drum brakes"

"good basic car. nice trunk space. fit and finish is very good. seating is decent.. drives fine. has great great pep for small car. controls are easy to use. my only hits are the GTS model is lacking so things, I do understand why. but the big knock is tire size. 14" tire size is not easy to find, but the real issue is highway speeds and windy days, or bridges. You get a less than secure feeling driving under those conditions. another knock is the steering is so sensitive its hard with the tiny tires to keep the vehicle straight. it tends to drift Allot. the knock and it why i bought small is gas mileage in city even driving as easy as possible the mileage is where near 30mph. its like 25 to. 26 tops. very disappointed there. highway mileage is unknown, becuase the lack of cruise control. I am sure I will get 1 trip in one day."

great car

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and economical"

Cons: "no dashboard backup or built in GPS"

"very versitale"

Great Car For The Money! Plenty of room

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Spacious driver area, features, PRICE"

Cons: "Cup holder gets blocked by arm rest"

"I absolutely love this car. I bought the SE model hatchback brand new and 12000 mikes layer still love it. Plenty of get up and go when needed and I regularly get 36+ mpg highway. I can get 28mpg city consistently if you dont punch it every time you take off. Im a bigger guy (6'2" 280lbs) and fit surprisingly well into this. Most other hatchbacks ie. fiesta/focus/fit, I found my knees hitting the dash not in this! All the features are nice although the ride quality decreases a lot with 3+ people in the car. Great for commuting! I was looking at the Chevy Sonic or this and for the price and features, the sonic couldnt touch this!"

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Second Accent; Reliable as ever.

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "low price, good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "didn't come with keyless, bumper fitment dodgy."

"I bought this car new in December of 2011, and it has never let me down. The only thing that has been replaced was the right outer tie rod end, and that's down to the state of the roads in NY. It consistently delivers 30+ mpg (combined), even in the snow, and has topped out at 48mpg on a long road trip last summer. A friend with a Civic Hybrid was vaguely jealous of my car, because of the gas mileage and lack of Hybrid issues (like when the chargers wear out). Of course, you do get what you pay for, so there were a few things I needed to change/add when I got the car. The original tires on the car were those horrible low-friction tires for economy; they wore out after the first year (15,000 miles; rest of the year I was on snows). Back when I got mine, the sedan with manual transmission didn't have an option for keyless entry, so that was the first thing I added to the car. Next, out went the factory speakers and headunit, because I needed bluetooth for my job and the speakers had blown (after the first 1.5 years). On the highway, it holds its own when moving through traffic; I find myself overtaking with ease. In the city, it has pretty good handling and can sneak through tight spaces. The seats are comfortable enough to last through hour after hour of driving, unlike my 2007 Accent, which I needed to change the driver's seat due to how uncomfortable it was."

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

Moderately acceptable

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "great on gas"

Cons: "very bumpy ride"

"Overall the vehicle has been dependable, however it has not held its value at all. My impression was that Hyundai vehicles stayed consistent value wise. I would not recommend this as major purchase for a vehicle."