2012 Hyundai Accent

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"

Hyundai has definitely turned the corner!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "MPG's, price, comfort, aesthetics"

Cons: "no remote trunk release"

"This car is proof that Hyundai is becoming a real player in the reliable/quality car industry. The 1.6L GDI engine averages between 33-36 mpg's for me (about 20%/80% highway/city driving) and when you take off eco, or use the sport-tronic shifting, it definitely has some get-up-and-go. The suspension offers some pretty good cornering, and a really quiet ride. As for the electric assist steering.. you can feel the difference if you're looking for it, but if you're just trying to enjoy the drive then it's flawless. No corrections needed, as long as your alignment is right (which after 24k miles, mine is still fine). Hyundai has a great warranty, which admittedly I have been forced to use once so far (the windshield washer feed line fell off). However, I brought it into my local Hyundai dealer (now located in Louisiana), and within 30 minutes they had updated my CPU, replaced the feed line, and gave the car an inspection - All free of charge, which is GREAT! I regularly carry my girlfriend and 2 of my friends (north of 6' males) and there is never a want for knee space. Taking the car from Jersey to Louisiana was surprisingly comfortable (averaged 44 mpg's on that trip!) and the cost to fill up the gas tank has never exceeded $35.00. I'll update if anything goes wrong with this, but I sincerely believe that Hyundai has tweeked their lineup to be competitors to Toyota, Honda and Nissan as opposed to Kia.. Maintenance is really easy, I don't even need to jack the car up to change the oil, you can reach everything from the front (good thing, because they don't include a jack, or a spare tire either). All in all, this car is great bang for the buck, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fuel efficient car."