2012 Hyundai Accent

8.4

Based on 50 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pros: "roomy & reliable and fun to drive"

Cons: "remote doesn't unlock trunk on sedan"

"I have the sedan model with the alloy wheels and bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I had one small issue where the original horn had a short in it that was replaced at no charge with about 45k on the odometer, everything else has been just standard maintenance. Great selling features are as follows: Has good get up and go and great driving dynamics (my commute is usually spent in the 80-90mph range on i95) for something in the entry level class, and for its size it has a huge back seat, also there is no having to get accustomed to the layout for the controls, everything is very logical, adjustable center armrest is a nice touch also. The only thing I do not like about it is the the remote does not have a button for the trunk, which is a pain with full hands, I imagine this is a non-issue with the hatch since usually when all doors are unlocked so is the hatch, so it took some getting use to having keys in hand when I am carrying bags without a shopping cart. If Hyundai is listening, please make the black cloth seats easier to find, I am not a slob but things happen that are easier not to see when you have black cloth instead of the grey."

Fuel Sipping Hatchback That's Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "Great bang for the buck!"

Cons: "No spare tire!"

"My original introduction to the 2012 Hyundai Accent started while I was looking for a vehicle with high fuel economy and could accommodate my family. Additionally, I wanted a hatchback because I had owned a Mazda3 hatchback in the past and really appreciated its cargo volume. The Accent’s EPA of 30 city and 40 highway are rather accurate…I am averaging 28 MPG in the city and 44 MPG on the highway. My GS hatchback is a 6-speed manual and I do my best to follow the ECO shift indicator to achieve the best gas mileage, every so often I will push the 138 HP direct injected engine transforming the Accent into a lively ride. The exterior and interior styling are pleasing and mimic many of the great qualities of Asian and European manufacturers. The GS hatchback comes standard with power window and locks, tilt wheel, iPod connection (only downside is that one must purchase the cable to connect the iPod/iPhone), and CD/MP3/satellite radio. The only downside to content is that the Accent does not come with a spare tire…it comes standard with an air compressor and tire sealant. If you want a spare it’s an extra cost; something you may want to invest in if you travel through remote areas. The Accent’s interior volume is good…I had 3 adults (over 6 feet tall) and myself and everyone was comfortable; however the comfort level may wane over longer trips. The rear cargo volume is great and provides ample room for a stroller and groceries. Overall I am very pleased with the Accent GS Hatchback and consider it a great value for the money."

Great gas mileage and nice extras!!!

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

Pros: "Great GAS MILEAGE, Looks sharp"

Cons: "No keyless trunk entry, No garage door opener"

"Traded in a 2009 Mazda 3 for this vehicle. The gas mileage is truly incredible. We are getting 37-38 mpg consistently. The bluetooth provides a nice upgrade, as well. Vast trunk space for such a small car, too! It was exactly what my family of 4 was looking for."

Loved

By on Friday, July 20, 2012

Pros: "great design, great price, sturdy"

Cons: "cruise control, road noise"

"The gas mileage is great and the drive is absolutely smooth. I love everything about this car. I have only two complaints, after only 6 months the cruise control buttons came loose but are still usable and the amount of outside road noise you can hear while in the car is very loud and annoying."

not bad

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

Pros: "awesome gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "some inconvenience interior problems"

"I'm going to start off by saying this car is great for its class. It's no BMW, but i love it. Easiest way of writing a review is the pros and cons Pros: -Awesome gas mileage. 30 MPG combined for me (daily commute: 60% city, 40% highway). Also I pay about 35$ to fill it up and a tank will last me about a week and a half. -Handles well, no complaints there. -acceleration is okay -affordable -bluetooth is convenient There are no REAL cons with this car. It's more just me being picky but here's what I don't like. Cons: -Cup holders are low, hard to find in the dark. -Small interior, no elbow room if you have a passenger in the front seat. -when you extend the center armrest it blocks one of the cup holders. -my leg blocks the window controls and lock/unlock button Overall it's a great car. Just little things here and there that kind of bug me. I would for sure recommend this car to anyone who wants a reliable car, with awesome gas mileage and a budget under $16,000. inconveniences"