2012 Hyundai Accent

8.4

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

2013 Accent GLS automatic

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, six speakers, roomy trunk, good on gas, cheap maintenance"

Cons: "Reliability, quality, cheaply made"

"I bought my accent back in January 2014 with 63 miles on it and eight months later I'm ready to trade it in. Within the first few days of driving it I noticed there was a vibration coming from the front wheels when slowing down to full stop. I took it to the dealership and they said the rotors were warped. They resurface the rotors and I had no more vibration. After that I began to notice that the car had trouble staying in a straight line during highway driving. It was as if the wheels couldn't find their alignment, the car slightly swerved to the left and right demanding constant attention to the steering wheel. It could be from the tires being so skinny. But I still took the car to the dealership about five times regarding this concern and they always said they didn't find anything. So I gave up and decided to drive the car the way it is. About six months later I noticed a small rattling noise that seem to be coming from front wheels as well. I could only hear this noise at night. Two months later I can now hear this noise in the daytime. It only happens if I drive over bumps or rough road. On top of that the engine now makes a windup noise when accelerating and shifting gears. The problem occurred when I pumped 91 fuel on accident. That just let me know that This car is very cheaply built and the quality is poor. Too many problems have occurred and the dealership wasn't helpful. I'm getting rid of this car as soon as possible."

Hit a 400lb bear @ 60mph went airborne w/o injury

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great safety if driving defensively w/ control."

Cons: "Additional padding needed on seats."

"Major damage (totaled) to underbody and front end, but the car definitely held up to the impact without flipping and I was able to steer to roadside on the tire rims (blew on impacting the road). The seat cushion could use more padding to buffer the impact, but I received a good post trauma medical report - no injuries, just sore for a few weeks."

^ Value:Lower Quality made up by driving dynamic

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Driving, Look, Price"

Cons: "Craftsmenship & A/C under-engineered"

"The overal value of the car is 9 of 10 based on the cost in comparison to the overall car. The quality of this model compared to 2010 Nissan Versa (we own)is lacking. It started with a bracket being loose at time of sale and rattling all the way home. Repaired the next day. Within the first 5K miles the drivers control of the passenger window failed. The A/C system of this model are under engineered. There is not enough power to the car to run the compressor at 100% unless your driving. I complained about the A/C compressor having a noise like the sound of the A/C water standing/draining when the car at rest. No issues found even though I heard something (1K-10K). No longer hear noise but now car looses power when the lights are turned on during the day when it is hot outside and A/C is running at full capacity. Front right bracket to bumper failed at approx 30K miles. Original tires didn't last the full rated time and had to be replaced at approx 30K miles."

Great driving car, plenty of room.

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "no carpet."

"I use this car for work and back. Been averaging 40 to 41 mpg. Still can't believe the power this car has, to get such good mileage. It reminds me of the Saturn I used to have, but better. No complaints so far..."

Good economy car

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Love the color. Hyundai has reimbursement program."

Cons: "Sits too low. Little bit too small for me"

"I love my car, but it is too small for me. You feel every bump because it sits so low to the ground. I would like to get a little bigger car with cruise control. I didn't get the full package either because I didn't want to wait. I would like to get a bigger sized car with Bluetooth compatibility as well. My next car will be a bigger Hyundai. Overall, it is a good car and great on gas mileage. I very much like the Hyundai model car. Gets 30 mpg in city and 45-50 mpg on the highway. Wonderful on the highway."