2012 Hyundai Accent

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great driving car, plenty of room.

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive."

Cons: "no carpet."

"I use this car for work and back. Been averaging 40 to 41 mpg. Still can't believe the power this car has, to get such good mileage. It reminds me of the Saturn I used to have, but better. No complaints so far..."

Great Car for the Money

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Pros: "roomy & reliable and fun to drive"

Cons: "remote doesn't unlock trunk on sedan"

"I have the sedan model with the alloy wheels and bluetooth and steering wheel controls. I had one small issue where the original horn had a short in it that was replaced at no charge with about 45k on the odometer, everything else has been just standard maintenance. Great selling features are as follows: Has good get up and go and great driving dynamics (my commute is usually spent in the 80-90mph range on i95) for something in the entry level class, and for its size it has a huge back seat, also there is no having to get accustomed to the layout for the controls, everything is very logical, adjustable center armrest is a nice touch also. The only thing I do not like about it is the the remote does not have a button for the trunk, which is a pain with full hands, I imagine this is a non-issue with the hatch since usually when all doors are unlocked so is the hatch, so it took some getting use to having keys in hand when I am carrying bags without a shopping cart. If Hyundai is listening, please make the black cloth seats easier to find, I am not a slob but things happen that are easier not to see when you have black cloth instead of the grey."

Great handling little economy car w/ great mileage

By on Thursday, November 07, 2013

Pros: "Great mileage and fun to drive the 6 speed tranny"

Cons: "No spare tire, needs better shocks and tires."

Great little car with great mileage topping at 52.2 mpg highway.

"I love my 2012 Accent. It handles fairly well and is quite peppy since it has a 6 speed manual transmission. The best thing about it is that I regularly get more than 32 mpg in the city and I've recorded as much as 52.2 mpg on the highway at speeds around 55 mph. Now I've got to tell you that that mileage includes coasting down the hills, but I had no idea that it would get anywhere close to that. The car could really use some better tires and shocks for improved handling but I only paid $13,250 for it. My biggest complaint with the car is that it didn't come with either a jack or a spare tire, but came with only a spray can of tire inflator foam. That strikes me as being pretty pathetic."

Great little car with great mileage topping at 52.2 mpg highway.

Hit a 400lb bear @ 60mph went airborne w/o injury

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Great safety if driving defensively w/ control."

Cons: "Additional padding needed on seats."

"Major damage (totaled) to underbody and front end, but the car definitely held up to the impact without flipping and I was able to steer to roadside on the tire rims (blew on impacting the road). The seat cushion could use more padding to buffer the impact, but I received a good post trauma medical report - no injuries, just sore for a few weeks."

2013 Hyundai Accent is not what was promised.

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "???"

Cons: "Doesn't come plase to the gas mileage promised."

"Car rides too low and has already had to have the bumper repaired and the liner replaced. This car is three months old. They claim the car gets 30 mph in town and 40 mph on the highway, with an average of 33 mph. I do get 40 mph on the highway, but get about 24 mph in town. I could have bought a bigger, better made car for that gas mileage. Tried to trade it in for a better car from Hyundai, was told it would be not problem. Found out I would have to take a $7,000 loss and even though I had already told them my maximum payment amount, they couldn't come anywhere close to that amount, even on the Elantra which only costs $1500-2000 more."