2012 Hyundai Accent

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle, especiall for the price!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price; Drives great; Room for the family"

Cons: "No cruise control; Limited visability when backing"

"Okay, so we were looking for the most affordable vehicle we could find, which would offer high MPG and be able to comfortably fit our family. We are 2 adults and 3 children, all of which are in their teen years. We considered all the usual suspects, but cost was a driving factor. The 2013 Hyundai Accent had great incentives which made it the cheapest option around -- thus driving our decision. That said, we don't feel like we missed out on anything. The car is great. The driving experience is superb, and even the entry model has features some of the other makes/models don't include (such as power windows and door locks). We've had the car about 3-4 months and have not had any problems -- nor do we expect to. Handling, even at higher speeds, it perfect. Large trucks/semis passing me don't bother this little car a bit. Plenty of storage in the hatch for groceries and other items. AC/Heat all work well, as does the radio and all other features. Only a couple of negatives, that I can think of. First, the lack of cruise control. I actually didn't notice that the base model didn't include cruise control. Would have liked to have had it, but with our driving it's not critical. We rarely put 20 miles on a car in a week. Every few months we may put 100-200 on the car in a day. So, lack of cruise control isn't the end of the world. The second problem is blind spots. I'm 5' 10" and I have a little trouble backing up because it seems like most of my viewpoints are blocked. I've never hit anything, it's just more restrictive than I'd like. That may be common for small cars though. In the past 10 years I've been mainly in mini-vans and full-size trucks, so it may just be something I need to get used to. Other than that I'm completely satisfied with the vehicle and plan to keep it for the full 10 years of the warranty."

good value but Hyundai America non-responsive

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Pros: "Value, roomy int, good MPG. Nice 6 speed manual"

Cons: "steering, no spare, poor support"

"The 2012 Accent itself is a nice car with many positive attributes. For a well appointed transportation car it's hard to beat for the money. The electric assist steering takes some getting used to though, can be tiring on a long drive. This vehicle has no spare tire unless you buy one as an option at a $300.00 cost. Factor that into the price if that matters to you. If you have a concern that can't be resolved at the dealer level don't expect any help from Hyundai America. They don't seem to care about the customer after the sale. What is the point of a long warranty if there is no support. So far the car has been reliable but I will be selling it soon because of the attitude of Hyundai and will be going back to Toyota or Honda, they know how to treat their customers."

Handles well, comfortable, excellent visibility

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

"very good car. reliable, very good visibility, very good gas mileage, comfortable, sporty feel."

Nice car for the money

By on Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pros: "Good economy, good room for such a small car"

Cons: "Begs for a performance version"

"It is a very good-value little car. The technology is superb. Fuel economy is good, although for being such a small car maybe could be a little better. We have an automatic; a manual would probably be better performance and slightly better fuel economy-wise. Hyundai is doing a great job and this car attests to that. Time will tell if these cars fare as well in older age and high mileage as say a Honda, Toyota, or Mazda, but in the early stages appear on par with the other high-reliability, high-efficiency autos."

Great car

By on Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pros: "Great mileage fun to drive"

Cons: "May have gotten better deal if I haggled more"

"My first trip, pulled in 37 mpg over 350 miles, combined city and highway. Steers well, smooth ride, love the 6 speed manual tranny."