2011 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 306 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

great car

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I love my car (06 Accent) .When shoping and compairing to see the best value or goodies for the money spent on my new car I found that the Accent gives you more for the money. I get 37mpg HW and and amazing 28 city with my 5 speed. My mom bought an Accent after I did and her's is an automatic that gets a little less mpg.I like the style and the general look of it Plus 6-8 cup holders and an armrest are great .The only down side to this car is the small engine but considering its a 1.6 ltr its pretty quik ive goten mine up too 114 mph. Passing is easy with this car, i throw it into third gear at around 50 mph and in no time its climbing to over 80 i think its impressive bieng so small at 110 horse power. I find myself racing her sometimes she's slow off the line but once you get the RPM's up my accent will fly. The ride is that of a small car. I didnt expect it to ride smooth and screem down the interstate at 160mph like a porshe I paid 12,900 for it and i know i got more car than any other car in that price range. As gas reaches 4.25 per gallon my Accent is an awsome desision. And thats all I've got to say about that ."

Excellent value for city commute

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Excellent value for the price you pay"

Cons: "Not enough power when you need it"

"If you want a simple vehicle for daily commute to school, office or college, the Accent offers a great value. You may not even need finance to buy a pre-owned Accent, your savings over a few months will do. Hyundai gives the best power train warranty in the industry (10 yrs/ 100k miles), which unfortunately applies only to the first owner. However, this shows the confidence they have on their vehicles, which rubs off on you. Pros: 1. Excellent value for the price you pay to buy (esp. pre-owned), in comparison with other brand sub compacts. 2. Tall design gives you more head room, better visibility, and doesn't feel like you're sitting in a small car. 3. Short length makes it easy to park and maneuver in traffic. 4. Reliable. Basic maintenance keeps the vehicle smooth running for years. Cons: 1. Not enough power. You'll find yourself flooring the pedal on freeway ramps. 2. Lack of power windows is annoying at times. Especially when passengers at the back forget to lock doors. 3. No fancy upholstery. Functional, however. 4. For a small car, this could give better mileage, but a tall design contributes to poor aerodynamics. 5. No, you wouldn't be making any sort of style statement driving this."

Lots of car for the money

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Reason: Rear-end collision resulted in its total loss.

Pros: "Gas mileage, ride, safety features"

Cons: "Driver's seat, front suspension, no temp. gauge"

"I bought a slightly used 2009 Accent GLS in June 2010. It was in perfect shape, and had only 13,000 miles on it. Two years later, the car was still in new condition after traveling another 4,000 miles. Before the car was wrecked, the car had no mechanical problems. The only gripes I had were that driver's seat was uncomfortable on long trips, the front suspension bottomed out too easily going over large but unnoticed dips in city streets, and an engine temperature gauge was lacking. The car was not a sporty model. But the engine was peppy enough for confident passing and freeway merging, the gas mileage was very good, the ride was comfortable, the transmission shifted smoothly, and the steering had good road-feel. The icy blue body paint was beautiful. The automatic tire gauge safety feature was nice. The car had all available options, including side airbags. I know that because the bag on the driver's side deployed when a truck smashed into my car recently, crushing in the entire rear end. The bag did its job, and only my left shoulder is still sore. The car was totaled but I was not. Thank you Hyundai!"

As good as advertised

By on Monday, February 02, 2009

"Have had 5000 + miles on it, drives good, no problem whatsoever. Gas mileage seems to be HIGHER than advertised. Lacks power, a good first car for teenage kids. very reliable."

You get what you pay for, a practical reliable car

By on Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage, feels solid and dependable"

Cons: "Noisy at high speeds. No armrest for passengers ."

"I simply needed a car I could depend on to get me from point A to point B. Something I know that I can count on, be gas efficient and reliable. It does all these things. Its no EVO, or STI but thats not what your paying for. Its practical and safe. 30000miles no issues at all. Time for rear breaks and new front tires. This is the first money I will be putting into it after owning it for 3 years other then oil changes. If I get 100k miles out of it without any issues, as it looks like may happen, then it will more then pay for itself. Although I seen on many forums people getting 200k plus out of these. I have my GTO for fun, to get to work and save money on gas, this is a great commuter car which is hard to beat for its purpose."