2010 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 299 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

A good compact inexpensive vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Compact, trunk space, tons of cup holders, price"

Cons: "Smallish interior, difficult to fit some carseats"

"We have had this car for a little over 5 years now. It has been very reliable and I still consider it my "new, reliable" car. Its quick and zippy to drive and has a decent amount of interior space and trunk space considering how small the car is overall. We did not hesitate to drive this car on road trips until we had children and their rear-facing car seats started taking up too much room from the front seats. A large stroller can fit in the trunk, and this car can fit in pretty much the smallest of parking spaces. My 6'1 husband drives the car regularly now, and though it isn't the absolute best fit for his size, he can still comfortably drive it every day. There is almost an excessive amount of cup holders, somewhere between 6 and 8 (for a max 5 passenger vehicle). We have had no major repairs on our vehicle in the past 5 years, with roughly 65000 miles on it. (We bought it brand new)."

Problems since day 1

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "price, mileage, decent sized trunk for small car"

Cons: "needs repair often, noisy, doesn't drive smooth"

"Nothing but problems since day 1 - litterally, as I drove it home after buying it, it started misfiring. Took it back, and turned out to need 2 coil packs replaced, which took them 2 days to figure out, as it wasn't registering on the computer that this was what was happening, so no code. About 8 months later the spark plugs and another coil went. Then the battery about 3 months later (it supposedly had a new batt when I bought it). From what I've read online, this car is known for coil pack & sparkplug/wire problems, to the point a number of people have learned how to change coils their-selves and carry parts with them. I bought this car to replace my aging Corolla, which was needing the trans worked on soon and having other little problems, and felt it was time to move on to something newer and needing less work. I had read that the Accent was rated one of the most reliable cars which is exactly what I was looking for, but my experience has been anything but. I know coil packs aren't the worst thing ever, but having to worry about this every 6-8 months is not why I bought this car. Plan to get rid of it in the next few months and hopefully get something better. Maybe I got spoiled by my Corolla, hardly needed anything done til the last 2 years I had it (was 18 yrs old when I traded it in, 250+K miles on it). If you don't mind needing to take it in for work every few months, then its an ok basic car I guess."

Great car for the economy and price.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Cons: "No rear window wiper, hard to see out of in rain."

"At the time this was my second Hyundai I purchased. Never owned a foreign made car before. Not real quiet, not real fast, not real roomy etc....But what it is, Very inexpensive to buy and operate. Just regular maintenance tires, oil change, belts, timing belt and actually kind of fun to drive. Very dependable. Have since purchased a Sonata and another Accent."

slow and not spacious but great gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Reason: SLOW

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "slow"

"Nice gas mileage"

Nice comfortable and great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to buy and drive"

Cons: "Not a lot of room or extras"

"Bought used to have have a car for my daughters, daughters are gone car still going strong. This is nothing fancy but for day to day work and back it's really efficient. Also I drove it for 1200 miles to move to SC and got over 40 MPG, no discomfort, no issues. The continues to run well with no major problems."