2010 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 308 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Lots of car for the money

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Reason: Rear-end collision resulted in its total loss.

Pros: "Gas mileage, ride, safety features"

Cons: "Driver's seat, front suspension, no temp. gauge"

"I bought a slightly used 2009 Accent GLS in June 2010. It was in perfect shape, and had only 13,000 miles on it. Two years later, the car was still in new condition after traveling another 4,000 miles. Before the car was wrecked, the car had no mechanical problems. The only gripes I had were that driver's seat was uncomfortable on long trips, the front suspension bottomed out too easily going over large but unnoticed dips in city streets, and an engine temperature gauge was lacking. The car was not a sporty model. But the engine was peppy enough for confident passing and freeway merging, the gas mileage was very good, the ride was comfortable, the transmission shifted smoothly, and the steering had good road-feel. The icy blue body paint was beautiful. The automatic tire gauge safety feature was nice. The car had all available options, including side airbags. I know that because the bag on the driver's side deployed when a truck smashed into my car recently, crushing in the entire rear end. The bag did its job, and only my left shoulder is still sore. The car was totaled but I was not. Thank you Hyundai!"

Smart choice, but no frills

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Very economical, simple, fun, easy to park. Doesn't always have the power you want, but you have to give something up to sip the gas so slightly."

Great car with great mileage!!!

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Too many to mention!! Fun to drive!"

Cons: "Designed for economy not necessarily comfort."

"This car is great for a small car. You get gas mileage better than many hybrid vehicles without the cost of the hybrid. Just averaged 36 mpg on a 1300 mile vacation with both city and highway miles."

GREAT CAR WITH FEW NEGATIVES

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "GREAT PRICE AND VERY RELIABLE"

Cons: "TIRES ARE EXPENSIVE,HARD TO FIND, AND DON'T LAST"

"LOVE MY ACCENT! HAD A DEER/CAR HEAD-ON WITH IT BRAND NEW AND IT LOOKED BADLY DAMAGED TO ME, BUT REPAIRED FAIRLY INEXPENSIVELY AND HAS HELD UP WELL. MINE IS A 2007. I FIND THE FIN ABOVE THE REAR WINDOW TENDS TO COLLECT EXCESSIVE DIRT ON THE WINDOW WHEN TRAVELING GRAVEL ROADS. SNOW TRAVEL IS NOT GOOD; THERE JUST ISN'T ENOUGH WEIGHT TO HOLD TO ROAD AND GET UP A SLICK HILL. AND THE TIRES ARE THE ONE THING I HATE; VERY EXPENSIVE, HARD TO GET AND DON'T LAST LONG. OTHERWISE, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR! GREAT MILEAGE EVEN AFTER A WRECK AND HIGH MILES AND AGE. WOULD DEFINATELY GET ANOTHER. HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

Awesome little car

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reason: Needed a bigger car for growing family.

Pros: "price, quiet, handles really well, reliable"

Cons: "No get-up-and-go"

"Bought my '07 two-door Accent hatchback new in 2007 and it was a wonderful car the entire time. Very reliable. The only reason I sold it was because of a growing family. I would not recommend a two-door car to anyone with kids in car seats (no duh). Regular oil changes, new tires, and one new battery were the only things I ever had to do. Pretty comfortable inside besides on long car trips. This is a bare bones kind of ride so with no cruise control my legs would hurt after say 5-6 hours. Immediately after buying it I wished I had splurged on cruise. The ride is really smooth and crazy quiet. Very little road noise can be heard inside. Great gas mileage! Turns on a dime. Fun to drive but it has no power at all. No get-up-and-go so to speak. Super slow up hills but that didn't really bother me. All in all, it was a quality car for a really affordable price."