2010 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 298 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

Problems since day 1

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "price, mileage, decent sized trunk for small car"

Cons: "needs repair often, noisy, doesn't drive smooth"

"Nothing but problems since day 1 - litterally, as I drove it home after buying it, it started misfiring. Took it back, and turned out to need 2 coil packs replaced, which took them 2 days to figure out, as it wasn't registering on the computer that this was what was happening, so no code. About 8 months later the spark plugs and another coil went. Then the battery about 3 months later (it supposedly had a new batt when I bought it). From what I've read online, this car is known for coil pack & sparkplug/wire problems, to the point a number of people have learned how to change coils their-selves and carry parts with them. I bought this car to replace my aging Corolla, which was needing the trans worked on soon and having other little problems, and felt it was time to move on to something newer and needing less work. I had read that the Accent was rated one of the most reliable cars which is exactly what I was looking for, but my experience has been anything but. I know coil packs aren't the worst thing ever, but having to worry about this every 6-8 months is not why I bought this car. Plan to get rid of it in the next few months and hopefully get something better. Maybe I got spoiled by my Corolla, hardly needed anything done til the last 2 years I had it (was 18 yrs old when I traded it in, 250+K miles on it). If you don't mind needing to take it in for work every few months, then its an ok basic car I guess."

Great car for the economy and price.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Cons: "No rear window wiper, hard to see out of in rain."

"At the time this was my second Hyundai I purchased. Never owned a foreign made car before. Not real quiet, not real fast, not real roomy etc....But what it is, Very inexpensive to buy and operate. Just regular maintenance tires, oil change, belts, timing belt and actually kind of fun to drive. Very dependable. Have since purchased a Sonata and another Accent."

slow and not spacious but great gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Reason: SLOW

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "slow"

"Nice gas mileage"

Nice comfortable and great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to buy and drive"

Cons: "Not a lot of room or extras"

"Bought used to have have a car for my daughters, daughters are gone car still going strong. This is nothing fancy but for day to day work and back it's really efficient. Also I drove it for 1200 miles to move to SC and got over 40 MPG, no discomfort, no issues. The continues to run well with no major problems."

It meets expectations and that's about it

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Good price, spacious interior"

Cons: "Poorly made materials"

"For the price, you really can't complain about Hyundai's in general. Much like everything else, though, you get what you pay for. The price is low so you shouldn't go into buying one of these cars thinking you're not going to have to replace it in less than 10 years. Working on the car itself I've noticed that some of the parts are cheaply made. The good news is that they're not horribly expensive to replace. At just south of 90,000 miles I've had to replace the front right and rear left calipers. Both can be got for less than $100 through online auto warehouses, but to have to do two 6 months apart from one another was disenfranchising to say the least. The car itself is fairly simple to work on; nothing is horribly concealed or covered and getting to where you need to be is pretty straightforward and simple. Staying on top of routine maintenance is easy enough. The front and back seats are plenty spacious, however it seems that they've capitalized on back seat space by reducing trunk size. If you tend to carry a full trunk, you won't be able to fit too much in there. Your backseat passengers, however, will be comfortable and have plenty of leg room. At just south of 90,000 miles, the car is now starting to have persistent and numerous engine problems so it will likely be replaced sooner rather than later. If you want to play the trade in game for a while and get a new car every few years, I'd recommend the Accent because with low mileage it's a good price and will retain it's value if you take care of it. It gets to a point where it starts to have too many mechanical problems to keep up with, and that's when owning it no longer feels justifiable."