2007 Hyundai Accent

8.2

Based on 306 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

overall,not a bad vehichle

By on Thursday, April 09, 2015

Pros: "very small inside"

Cons: "good p/up, and breaking. If your kind to the car,"

"for what the car offers it gets great mileage.there's plenty of room for two people I'm told it's a bit snug in back.Good power pickup for it's size,and great maneuverability& traction on clear roads. I'm not a fan of ABS but it does stop well.I think for a single person it's a good car to own,could be a good hand me down for college minded."

Love this car

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

"This is my 3rd Hyundai since 1996. They last forever, cheap to run, and have a great warranty. Elantra had over 120,000 on basic oil changes. Buy one!"

An excellent purpose driven vehicle.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Price, reliability, handling, mpg, inexpensive COA"

Cons: "Cheap interior, sub-par seating, no map light."

"One doesn't normally hear "purpose driven" used in reference to economy cars, but the Accent is undeniably a purpose driven low maintenance all purpose commuting vehicle which is inexpensive to purchase and maintain. I bought the Accent Blue to replace my BMW while I was in grad-school. Although I had initially planned on dumping the Accent the moment I graduated, to my surprise, the little Hyundai grew on me. I now use it as my second car, a daily driver in the winter (with studded snow tires), a task which it performs flawlessly. The car's greatest feature is its quality and reliability. I beat mercilessly on the Accent for the first 80,000 miles of ownership, and it took it all in stride. This is no doubt partially due to the fact that I pay meticulous attention to regular maintenance. However, when the maintenance is as cheap as the Accent's, then its easy to do this (much cheaper than maintenance on my BMW and 370z). The tiny tires are even cheap too. I did upgrade the sound system on the Accent because the stock set up was abhorrent. I also added fog lights. Nonetheless, there is very little in this car that warrants changing in view of its purpose as a commuter car. I expect to own it for another 100k if not more. I highly recommend this car for anyone looking for a pure commuter vehicle or as a second vehicle."

Reliable, economical

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "economical, trouble free, great warranty"

Cons: "OEM shifting, not much power"

"68k miles and I've had 0 problems. Rides well for an eco car. Put a sport shifter in because OEM shifting was awful. Has a lot of goodies for a base car. Great gas mileage- one of the best values out there."

Decent vehicle but small for a large person

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Maintenance free with regular oil changes"

Cons: "Underpowerd, interior space tight, sorry gas miles"

"Have owned this accent for 5 years. Gas mileage stinks. 29 miles a gallon is all it gets. Underpowered. Driver space limited. I'm 6'3" 300 lbs. I'm cramped."

Love this car!

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "All pros! Easy to drive, love the 5 speed manual,"

Cons: "no cons"

"I wish they still made the Accent BLUE...I would buy another in a heart beat. This car goes through snow and does not hesitate on ice. The front wheel drive is excellent. I love that this little compact car that has all the BIG car items: air condition, MP3 player, CD, intermediate wipers, 6 air bags! Great car."

good , affordable , mostly reliable

By on Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pros: "economical, easy to drive"

Cons: "lacks power needed for going up mountain roads"

"This car has treated me well and I believe it will continue to do so well beyond 200k. Only issues I had were I had to replace the ignition coils at about 120k and a check engine light that comes on only after car has been parked on a steep incline overnight, after a few miles it shuts off and then the car runs fine. The dealer checked it out and it turned out to be some strange blank code. I've been very much on top of all maintenance, perform at the hyundia dealership."

A good compact inexpensive vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "Compact, trunk space, tons of cup holders, price"

Cons: "Smallish interior, difficult to fit some carseats"

"We have had this car for a little over 5 years now. It has been very reliable and I still consider it my "new, reliable" car. Its quick and zippy to drive and has a decent amount of interior space and trunk space considering how small the car is overall. We did not hesitate to drive this car on road trips until we had children and their rear-facing car seats started taking up too much room from the front seats. A large stroller can fit in the trunk, and this car can fit in pretty much the smallest of parking spaces. My 6'1 husband drives the car regularly now, and though it isn't the absolute best fit for his size, he can still comfortably drive it every day. There is almost an excessive amount of cup holders, somewhere between 6 and 8 (for a max 5 passenger vehicle). We have had no major repairs on our vehicle in the past 5 years, with roughly 65000 miles on it. (We bought it brand new)."

Problems since day 1

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "price, mileage, decent sized trunk for small car"

Cons: "needs repair often, noisy, doesn't drive smooth"

"Nothing but problems since day 1 - litterally, as I drove it home after buying it, it started misfiring. Took it back, and turned out to need 2 coil packs replaced, which took them 2 days to figure out, as it wasn't registering on the computer that this was what was happening, so no code. About 8 months later the spark plugs and another coil went. Then the battery about 3 months later (it supposedly had a new batt when I bought it). From what I've read online, this car is known for coil pack & sparkplug/wire problems, to the point a number of people have learned how to change coils their-selves and carry parts with them. I bought this car to replace my aging Corolla, which was needing the trans worked on soon and having other little problems, and felt it was time to move on to something newer and needing less work. I had read that the Accent was rated one of the most reliable cars which is exactly what I was looking for, but my experience has been anything but. I know coil packs aren't the worst thing ever, but having to worry about this every 6-8 months is not why I bought this car. Plan to get rid of it in the next few months and hopefully get something better. Maybe I got spoiled by my Corolla, hardly needed anything done til the last 2 years I had it (was 18 yrs old when I traded it in, 250+K miles on it). If you don't mind needing to take it in for work every few months, then its an ok basic car I guess."

Great car for the economy and price.

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Cons: "No rear window wiper, hard to see out of in rain."

"At the time this was my second Hyundai I purchased. Never owned a foreign made car before. Not real quiet, not real fast, not real roomy etc....But what it is, Very inexpensive to buy and operate. Just regular maintenance tires, oil change, belts, timing belt and actually kind of fun to drive. Very dependable. Have since purchased a Sonata and another Accent."

slow and not spacious but great gas mileage

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Reason: SLOW

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "slow"

"Nice gas mileage"

Nice comfortable and great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive to buy and drive"

Cons: "Not a lot of room or extras"

"Bought used to have have a car for my daughters, daughters are gone car still going strong. This is nothing fancy but for day to day work and back it's really efficient. Also I drove it for 1200 miles to move to SC and got over 40 MPG, no discomfort, no issues. The continues to run well with no major problems."

It meets expectations and that's about it

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Good price, spacious interior"

Cons: "Poorly made materials"

"For the price, you really can't complain about Hyundai's in general. Much like everything else, though, you get what you pay for. The price is low so you shouldn't go into buying one of these cars thinking you're not going to have to replace it in less than 10 years. Working on the car itself I've noticed that some of the parts are cheaply made. The good news is that they're not horribly expensive to replace. At just south of 90,000 miles I've had to replace the front right and rear left calipers. Both can be got for less than $100 through online auto warehouses, but to have to do two 6 months apart from one another was disenfranchising to say the least. The car itself is fairly simple to work on; nothing is horribly concealed or covered and getting to where you need to be is pretty straightforward and simple. Staying on top of routine maintenance is easy enough. The front and back seats are plenty spacious, however it seems that they've capitalized on back seat space by reducing trunk size. If you tend to carry a full trunk, you won't be able to fit too much in there. Your backseat passengers, however, will be comfortable and have plenty of leg room. At just south of 90,000 miles, the car is now starting to have persistent and numerous engine problems so it will likely be replaced sooner rather than later. If you want to play the trade in game for a while and get a new car every few years, I'd recommend the Accent because with low mileage it's a good price and will retain it's value if you take care of it. It gets to a point where it starts to have too many mechanical problems to keep up with, and that's when owning it no longer feels justifiable."

love this car reliable no problems

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive 5 speed comfortable great gas miles"

Cons: "I have the basics next on like to upgrade extras"

"Love this car very reliable, great comfort and I have 132,000 miles and no problems. Regular upkeep I would recommend to a friend."

Cheap price, good quality

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Small, limited back seat, little noisy"

"Love this little car, makes my commute easy. Easy to park. I load it up with a yakima, bikes or kayaks or a canoe and it does just fine for it's size. NEVER had a problem in over 50,000 miles, no cost beyond fuel (rather efficient) tires and oil changes. Does surprisingly well in the Wisconsin snow. A little slow but if you are looking at this car speed is not high on your list to begin with. Great bang for the buck."

not worth buying ever

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "comfy, easy to drive"

Cons: "total piece of junk. avoid this and all their cars"

"car has been problematic since purchase. coil keeps going, sensors wont work, rattles like mad (even when new) absurd maintenance costs. In general, this car, while only 4 years old, has had more problems, and cost more money to maintain than my other car, 14 yrs old, with almost 200k on it. Other than being comfy, and easy to drive, there is simply nothing good to say about this car, or the company that makes it."

1 owner

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "30 to 35 mpg"

"new tires runs like new"

Would buy again

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "No repairs needed, exceptional value"

Cons: "Interior rattles"

"Warranty fixed one thing free otherwise no problems in 95,000 miles. Great on gas. Handles well except ride becomes poor with three or more passengers. Not a speed demon but good enough even with the air on. Interior is holding up well, sound system is great! Only problem is interior rattles otherwise a sound investment."

Reliable, convenient little car!

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, reliable, fits anywhere, great storage"

Cons: "Interior isn't glamorous, mpg could improve (~26)"

"I live in a congested urban area and his car is GREAT! It's reliable and can fit into the tiniest parking spot downtown. I always park in the spots regular cars and suvs have to pass up. In the three years I've owned it I have not had a major, costly service needed - so I would consider it as reliable as my old Toyota I had! Lastly, I'd say it has SURPRISING packing room. If you lay down the seats it can fit a LOT of stuff, and even furniture. A hatchback is great that way. I'm only going to sell mine when I get pregnant since 2-door is impossible with babies. Otherwise, I'd probably keep it another 10 years. Very surprised I loved my Hyundai as much as I do, but a hatchback in the city cannot be beat."

so dissappointed

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

Pros: "nicer looking car great options handles excellent"

Cons: "constant issues not reliable"

"I loved my 1999 accent drove it until 238000 miles cried when had to retire it this 2008 although more options and nicer looking is dreadful in the last year put over three thousand in repairs and service . I finally hit the 100,000 mark and told needs $approx. 1800.00 in work feel like this is a money pit. I can assure everyone will be the last Hyundai in my driveway ever."

my 2nd accent -- a great little car

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "super reliable"

Cons: "mpg could be better"

"This is the 2nd accent I have owned. The first i bought used, a 2005 2 door hatchback, this one i bought new. The 2010 is better quality, the 2005 had some rust issues. The only points about the car that I don't like is that I wish the mileage were better, i get about 30 mph with almost exclusive highway driving, though I do drive faster than I ought (would it get better mileage if I kept at or lower than 55 mpg? don't know). The other issue is that it's not super comfortable especially for long drives. But everything else is tip top! It's really reliable, i've only had to change the oil and brakes and other routine maintenance, no problems."

Basic reliable transportation

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

Pros: "mileage, reliability"

Cons: "no frills. You get what you pay for."

"For the money, a solid car without frills or hassle. Dependable transportation with very good mpg and a comfortable ride."

This car is very dependable

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

"In 2010 I decided to buy a low mileage Hyundai accent car for $17,400 It had 4 year or 50,000 warranty It came from Las Vegas with heavy stink of that nasty tobacco which I change cabin air filter it was gone. It has A/C, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, air bags. It gets this for Gas mileage 32-36 Highway-city. In 3 1/2 years driving everyday. Only ONE problem that did not leave me stranded and this was last year. It was engine malfunction light came on so I took it to dealer they reprogram computer cost me $160 dollars. Engine was and is in excellent condition . This car is the best I ever owned. It now has 92000 miles running strong I keep up with the maintenance schedules every 3 months so this car should last a long long time. Mahalo!"

Love my car

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Love this car, great for commuting to work, gas mileage and small amt of $ to fill it up. Cons:seat belt far away, poor ability to get up steep hills, tire size is hard to find options for, no temp gauge"

Very reliable.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Always works/performs reliably"

Cons: "Two door/ the back seat has set blts for 3 comfort"

"This is a very comfortable, economical and reliable car to drive. The exterior color is metallic blue. It also has an electric Moon/sun roof. In the interior, the sun/moon roof has a luxury upholstered slide which covers the electric glass roof to avoid green house effect. Very good gas mileage, and I have maintained the mechanical condition well. It is front well drive. I will in the near future furnish two new quality front tires. The rear tire appear new. Also, new fan belts, new transmition fluid & filter and an oil and filter change with Mobile One synthetic oil. In addition, I plan to have a professional tune up performed."