2005 Hyundai Accent

7.9

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

8 Years and counting

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I got my car as a high school graduation present in 2000. I lived close to work until recently so I only have about 80k miles. I've had two major accidents and this car is still running!! The body is holding up impressively well for an * year old Hyundai. I have auto-trans, clock, and a/c only so I dont have any electrical issues at all. I take my car to the same dealership for all repairs and work-so if they ever cite "shoddy mechanics" as a reason to devalue my car at trade-in, they can look in the mirror. The tires are real cheap to replace. The only gripe I have is that the steeringwheel cannot be adjusted up or down. When the A/C is on, you lose horsepower, which is bad when you live in Texas! I've had to spend a little over $2000 over the years in maintenance, but this car only left me stranded once-when I ran out of GAS!! Every time I want to get a bigger car, I realize that NONE are better. So i'll keep it till the wheels fall off. Then get another. And full coverage is less than $60 for insurance."

Still Alive.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I dont know why so many people have had so much problems with this model, but I bought mine Brand new in 2001 off the lot with 27 miles on it, today its got over 134k on it and hasnt seen a major service since 2004 rought 70k ago. The awesome thing is it still runs Great. I just filler her up with 85 Octaine Fuel and change her oil about 3k Miles, and I've had no problems except I had to replace the Front right CV Joint and tie rods 2 months after I bought it, but that was my own fault for hitting a rock on the road during a turn. Other then that have not had any problems. perhaps mine was assembled in a better plant lol P.S. on that cheap gas I still manage 34-42MPG and only fill up weekly depending on travel distance."

Basic transportation

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"I bought my 2002 new for $8900. No clock, AC or power anything. I now have 86,000 miles. I had trouble with the rear drum after 10,000 miles but they replaced them and the pads under warr. (no problems since). The passenger door lock tumbler went bad after 15 or 20,000 and was replaced under warr. (no problems since). I did have to put new tires on it after about 30,000 miles but I think they were pretty cheap tires to begin with. I upgraded to some real nice ones and drove them for about 50,000 miles and i just put new ones on. Just recently at 85,000 miles I had to put front pads and rotors, timing chain, sway bar bushings, and a rear strut. I also did the standard 80,000 maint. plan which replaced plugs,wires and other things. All told, I 'd say about $1500-$1700 in repair and upkeep on this $9000 car over the past 6 years. I'm pretty happy with it, as there is no rust, and starts every morning. Although the speedo cable makes a horrible noise when it's cold and the clutch is real stiff when temps are around 5 degrees. Keep an eye on the oil level after 3000 miles and things should be fine. 35-37 mpg when driving at about 50mph on the back roads of maine."

It SAVES.... (LIVES)

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Was just in an accident in this car. A car ran a red light and we impacted in a t-bone, what they would call a frontal-offset crash at ~45mph. Airbags deployed, seatbelts worked, and front of car crumpled like a soda can. Passenger cabin was unharmed and we walked away with minor injuries. The engine was heavily damaged, frame bent, wheels jammed in wheel wells, etc... you get the picture. We walked away! The car is totaled but we are not. Thank you Hyundai."

Bought new, has done everything asked of it.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "great milage, manuverable, reliable"

Cons: "paint is not as good as it could be"

"Has 113k on it and has only had a transmission coolant senor go bad. We use it for everything from hauling rock to camping. It has been over Bear Tooth pass and to the coast twice. It has had the flex pipe fail twice and the front brakes changed at 108k. A bit of rust is starting over the rear wheel. It is great to drive and I abused it pretty bad for the first 5 years. Highly recommended."