2005 Hyundai Accent

7.9

Based on 413 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

Great on gas and super reliable

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliability, price"

Cons: "A little cramped, lack of power"

"I purchased this car new and have averaged 35000 miles a year on it. I regularly drove it from ri to ct and have driven it through two blizzards and have never gotten stuck. The mpg is the best feature of this car and it's reliability is a close second. Aside from brake pads, battery, tires, and a light bulb I have put no money into this car. I do agree with other reviewers that the interior is kinda tight and the window cranks and cup holders are cheaply made and are prone to breaking. I feel that there are small inconveniences that come with owning this car but the pros out weigh the cons by far. I would recommend this car for someone who is willing to sacrifice power and a tiny bit of comfort for the reliability and cost effectiveness this car has to offer."

Reliable, economical, fun to drive

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, reliable"

"I bought this with 41000 miles on it in 2002. After 11 years, the engine is still strong. There has been some maintenance done, but its been a lot better than the Nissan Sentra I had before this one. It is zippy, fun to drive, and fuel economy is excellent. Very reliable and dependable. Its not a luxury car, but it has arm rests and a fully adjustable drivers seat which for me, is more important than leather and chrome trim."

very good, reliable, economic, fun car

By on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pros: "yes"

Cons: "none hiding in trunk"

"have owned mine used for almost 2 yrs, no probs, just change oil every 5k, fill tank 2x/mo, wash and wax, fun to drive, great stereo, confortable, nuff said..."

This car has great pick up, and I get from25-30mpg

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "great price, reliable, great gas mpg's, easy to dr"

Cons: "cup holders are in the wrong place, 10gal. gas tan"

"My accent is a very good car for gas milage, reliability, and speed. Also very compfortable to ride in. Not a lot of back seat room if your tall. I do not have a lot of bells and whistles but my car gets me where I want to go. It is a great car for the cost to value"

little car with alot of reliability

By on Saturday, August 1, 2009

"I bought this car new off the lot a year late,but it is very reliable and cost effective. No bells or whistles just the basic roll down windows, radio fm/am,cassette player, air conditioning what else do you really need to go back and fort to work and local driving. Fun to drive and easy to park. I love my Hyundai."

8 Years and counting

By on Saturday, May 31, 2008

"I got my car as a high school graduation present in 2000. I lived close to work until recently so I only have about 80k miles. I've had two major accidents and this car is still running!! The body is holding up impressively well for an * year old Hyundai. I have auto-trans, clock, and a/c only so I dont have any electrical issues at all. I take my car to the same dealership for all repairs and work-so if they ever cite "shoddy mechanics" as a reason to devalue my car at trade-in, they can look in the mirror. The tires are real cheap to replace. The only gripe I have is that the steeringwheel cannot be adjusted up or down. When the A/C is on, you lose horsepower, which is bad when you live in Texas! I've had to spend a little over $2000 over the years in maintenance, but this car only left me stranded once-when I ran out of GAS!! Every time I want to get a bigger car, I realize that NONE are better. So i'll keep it till the wheels fall off. Then get another. And full coverage is less than $60 for insurance."

Still Alive.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2008

"I dont know why so many people have had so much problems with this model, but I bought mine Brand new in 2001 off the lot with 27 miles on it, today its got over 134k on it and hasnt seen a major service since 2004 rought 70k ago. The awesome thing is it still runs Great. I just filler her up with 85 Octaine Fuel and change her oil about 3k Miles, and I've had no problems except I had to replace the Front right CV Joint and tie rods 2 months after I bought it, but that was my own fault for hitting a rock on the road during a turn. Other then that have not had any problems. perhaps mine was assembled in a better plant lol P.S. on that cheap gas I still manage 34-42MPG and only fill up weekly depending on travel distance."

Basic transportation

By on Monday, March 3, 2008

"I bought my 2002 new for $8900. No clock, AC or power anything. I now have 86,000 miles. I had trouble with the rear drum after 10,000 miles but they replaced them and the pads under warr. (no problems since). The passenger door lock tumbler went bad after 15 or 20,000 and was replaced under warr. (no problems since). I did have to put new tires on it after about 30,000 miles but I think they were pretty cheap tires to begin with. I upgraded to some real nice ones and drove them for about 50,000 miles and i just put new ones on. Just recently at 85,000 miles I had to put front pads and rotors, timing chain, sway bar bushings, and a rear strut. I also did the standard 80,000 maint. plan which replaced plugs,wires and other things. All told, I 'd say about $1500-$1700 in repair and upkeep on this $9000 car over the past 6 years. I'm pretty happy with it, as there is no rust, and starts every morning. Although the speedo cable makes a horrible noise when it's cold and the clutch is real stiff when temps are around 5 degrees. Keep an eye on the oil level after 3000 miles and things should be fine. 35-37 mpg when driving at about 50mph on the back roads of maine."

It SAVES.... (LIVES)

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Was just in an accident in this car. A car ran a red light and we impacted in a t-bone, what they would call a frontal-offset crash at ~45mph. Airbags deployed, seatbelts worked, and front of car crumpled like a soda can. Passenger cabin was unharmed and we walked away with minor injuries. The engine was heavily damaged, frame bent, wheels jammed in wheel wells, etc... you get the picture. We walked away! The car is totaled but we are not. Thank you Hyundai."

Bought new, has done everything asked of it.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "great milage, manuverable, reliable"

Cons: "paint is not as good as it could be"

"Has 113k on it and has only had a transmission coolant senor go bad. We use it for everything from hauling rock to camping. It has been over Bear Tooth pass and to the coast twice. It has had the flex pipe fail twice and the front brakes changed at 108k. A bit of rust is starting over the rear wheel. It is great to drive and I abused it pretty bad for the first 5 years. Highly recommended."