2005 Hyundai Accent

7.8

Based on 407 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

reliable little car

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "extremely reliable, affordable"

Cons: "not a very smooth ride at higher speeds, loud"

"I drive A LOT, all over the place, in all kinds of weather, and this car has never broken down or left me stranded. I bought it brand new in 2004 and racked up over 180,000 miles since then, but always had oil changes done every 3k and kept up on routine maintenance. I have never had any problems with the trans and it is actually, amazingly, still okay at 180k. The gas mileage is just as good as it was new, and it still doesn't leak oil. The AC and heat still work, as well. It is loud, and not that smooth of a ride (especially on the highway), but if you want an affordable little car that will get you anywhere and last for a long time, this is definitely that car. The only issues were minor - the car eats headlights and I had to get the exhaust pipe repaired twice (not terribly expensive). Also, there can be more space made than you think in this car, I have three 100 lb dogs, and if I put the back seats down they can all fit nicely in the hatchback, believe it or not."

Not great or horrible - gets you there, no frills

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Inexpensive, never breaks down."

Cons: "Back seat too small even for kids."

"Decent little car for going from point A to point B - mine gets between 25 and 30 mpg since day one (never has lived up to the billing). Never breaks down, but if you do have to replace parts they are all difficult. The battery is an odd size that no one carries, the headlights are hard to install correctly, belts never seem to tighten right. I find the seats uncomfortable, and my 4 year old doesn't have enough leg room in the back seat. The car is noisy to drive, with lots of loose rattling in the panels and it lets in road noise. Cup holders will handle medium size cups or smaller. Arm rest available for the driver, but not the passenger. The back seats don't quite fold flat, so it can be difficult to haul large things. Decent sized trunk, though. I've been driving this for 70K miles, and I'm unimpressed. Would like to trade it off for almost anything else."

Great little Car

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"I needed a car and liked the looks of this one and the price...It had 159k miles on it when i bought it..now has 217k and has a few issues but with a little tlc would be great again..Ive driven it for 3 years and it has gotten me where i want to go with hardly any issues."

bad transmissions:(

By on Thursday, February 07, 2008

"great first car- good gas milage, cheap. but at just under 80,000 my transmission blew- bought it for $8999...sold it for $200. consumer reports said that 01-02 was a bad year for accents- 04 got a 'reliable vehicle' rating. My friend also bought an accent and the transmission also blew on it too- okay cars, bad transmissions:("

Reliable, economical, fun to drive

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, reliable"

"I bought this with 41000 miles on it in 2002. After 11 years, the engine is still strong. There has been some maintenance done, but its been a lot better than the Nissan Sentra I had before this one. It is zippy, fun to drive, and fuel economy is excellent. Very reliable and dependable. Its not a luxury car, but it has arm rests and a fully adjustable drivers seat which for me, is more important than leather and chrome trim."