2005 Hyundai Accent

7.8

Based on 401 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

Great car overall

By on Saturday, December 13, 2014

Pros: "I bought it for a great price, It's a fine car."

Cons: "I have nothing bad to say about this car."

"I have owned this car close to 2 years now. It was in great condition when I bought it. It had 97,000 miles on it I love to drive it. It rides smoothly. It was in excellent condition when I bought it. it is still in great shape. Nothing on it needs repairing and it get great gas mileage. It is a keeper, I won't be selling it any time soon.I am the second owner. The first owner kept it in over all great condition and I have been keeping it in great condition also. Good maintenance and good care will help it last another 100,000 miles."

Great used car option

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "very reliable,cheap to maintain,great gas mileage"

Cons: "interior noise and vibration at high speeds"

"i have owned this car since 2008..bought it at 38000 miles and payed approx $4000 for it. its currently at 122000 and going strong. Never had any major mechanical issues, get 23 city 34 highway and if driven at 65mph it gets 36mpg on freeways"

Inexpensive purchase. IInexpensive to run.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "great price, reliable, decent mpg"

Cons: "small plastic passenger compartment"

"I'm very satisfied with this Hyundai. It's my 3d."

Best car I've ever owned! I highly recommend.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price, nice style and excellent gas mileage."

Cons: "I have nothing negative to say about the car."

"I have been driving my Accent for 12 1/2 years. This car is very dependable and it still has great gas mileage. I haven't had anything major go wrong with the car. My next purchase will definitely be another Accent. :)"

Best car I've owned low cost, made well, gd mpg

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "no power door locks and c/be 6 cyl"

"My Accent has been a great little car. It has held up well and gets good mileage on gas. For what I paid I have gotten my moneys worth. It's easy to handle and drive, comfortable enough and I like the looks of it. It has served me well. I would definitely buy another one."

Good first car

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Reason: moving

"Purchased this car in 2010 from the third owner with 52000 miles. It is small but fit myself and my wife for going to work and shopping. My home is 2 miles away from my working places so I drove only 24000 miles in more than 4 years. But I drove the car for short trips (~300 miles a day) with no problem. The milage can be as much as 36 when speed is ~60 miles. Above that the car is hard to speed and waste more gas. Major repair: front tires, brakes and axles after purchase. Changed coolant and spark plugs myself at about 60000 miles. Changed driving belts and rear brakes flushed at about 65000 miles. Changed front light and gas tank (not necessary) at about 70000 miles. Oil changed every 3000 miles. Other issue: at the time from spring to summer there would be few days when the car hard to shift to 2nd gear (when you speed too fast or go uphill) and if this happened more than 3 times, it would be locked. I figured out that it is some electronic problem and the best way is reset the computer by battery off(for ~10 minutes) and drive gently. Then it would be all right until next year. The front passager door became uncontrollable by the driver side power door lock. In 67000 miles, I forgot to close windows one day and after a storm the airbag light was on. In 72000 miles my car had side impact with another car when it made u-turn and there is cratches on the side but the car can drive. I bought this car with $4000 and have spent about $1000 for repairs. I got $2500 from insurance company and sold it for $1100. It served me for 4 more years and many good times. I like it for easy to park and drive. The bad thing is the body is easy to be scratched and rust. I would recommend it to anyone looking for cheap commuting tool."

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "very reliable, not an expensive car."

Cons: "It doesn't like real high speeds (80 or above)"

"Aside from regular maintenance like oil changes and tires, etc., I have put less than $1500 into repairs in 12 years. It has been a remarkably reliable car. It is not fancy but it always starts and runs as well as anyone could hope for. I have had to replace the windshield washer pump twice and it isn't easy because the fender has to come off to get to the pump. That would be my one complaint. I replaced the water pump at 80k. Now my driver's side front seatbelt has broken and I have to get that fixed. Overall I think this is a very good car and I would buy another if the opportunity arose."

have had 13 years,still going

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "no cup holders"

"Never had trouble, Kept up with oil, timing belts and tires"

Great mileage

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"Good little workhorse. Great gas mileage, cold ac. Only problem is transmission went at 100000. I replaced the tranny and got another 135000 out of it with no other problems. I drove this car 60+ miles a day for 12 years."

Bought new, has done everything asked of it.

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "great milage, manuverable, reliable"

Cons: "paint is not as good as it could be"

"Has 113k on it and has only had a transmission coolant senor go bad. We use it for everything from hauling rock to camping. It has been over Bear Tooth pass and to the coast twice. It has had the flex pipe fail twice and the front brakes changed at 108k. A bit of rust is starting over the rear wheel. It is great to drive and I abused it pretty bad for the first 5 years. Highly recommended."

Second Hyundai I owned

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "It is great on gas and the a/c is terrific."

Cons: "Not too much room for extra passengers in the back"

"Originally I owned a 2001 Elantra from 2002 to 2008- Sold that one and purchased a pre-owned 2005 Accent. It had 9,000 original miles when I bought it. Today it has 20,900 miles. I don't drive much as I am retired but I can say I put gas in my car every other month. Not filling the tank I put in usually between $12 to $15. I figure this car runs me about 35 to 40 mpg. It is quite comfortable, the seats recline (they are bucket seats). It has good pickup even though it is only a 4 cylinder. The best little car I have ever had. I painted it last year, not because the original paint was chipping or anything like that. My granddaughter had put on some scratches by driving her bicycle between my car and the wall (8 years old kid). So I gave it a simple paint job. The only problem I have ever had with this car was the CD player quit last year. I hardly use it anyway, so I have not fixed it yet. Put four new tires 8 months ago. Has great A/C and it is easy to park in small spaces. Drawback: Not a family car, as the back seat is pretty tight and it is only two doors, so it is hard for adults to get in or out. Other than that, I love it. My next car will definitely be another Hyundai."

great little car

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "good mileage, reliable w/few problems"

Cons: "engine is no powerhouse by any means"

"I have owned this car since 2005 w/19,000 miles for under 10 grand It has done every thing I have asked it to do and w/fold-down seats lots of storage. I've hauled 8 foot 2x4's with this car and half sheets of plywood."

Good, but with a warning

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Handles and drives nicely. Also has nice styling. WATCH OUT - The Automatic Transmission is a "GRENADE WITH THE PIN PULLED" at around 100K so if you're beyond that range don't go far without a ride ready to pick you up."

I love my little Accent

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"I bought my 2004 Hyundai Accent used for $9,000 with 34k miles on it. I've had it for about 8 years now and am at 103k miles. I am very on top of service and oil changes so "she" has treated me very well. Other than normal wear and tear (brakes, battery, tires, spark plugs, timing belt, etc.) I haven't had many issues with my Accent. Recently, after reaching 100k, I had to replace the axle and wheel bearing, but that's honestly not bad!! The only real complaint I have is the cheap quality of the exterior and interior components. I've had 2 door handles break on me and the horn has stopped working! These things weren't cheap to fix, but I didn't mind too much considering actual mechanical/engine issues are MUCH more costly."

Really good little car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Cons: "very small back seat"

"We bought this car new, and have never been sorry. It is small, and not a car I would want to be hit in, but has been nearly perfect in reliability. One warranty call in eight years. (leaky water pump) Everything works well, the air, heat, radio, etc. While it is not comfortable for a long road trip, it is great around town and back and forth to work. We were so impressed with the quality of Hyundai, we bought a new Genesis this last summer. When it comes time to replace the Accent, I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

Great car for it's size, never leaves you stranded

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy, quick, reliable, inexpensive."

Cons: "A little small, no cruise on mine."

"This 2002 Hyundai Accent I have has literally had nothing major go wrong with it. Services, brakes, belts, and one alternator is all it's needed. The car has 127,000 and can pass the big rigs at 90 mph. Aside from being a little cramped if you are over 6' tall, and not much for luxuries in this model, this little car has more than paid it's dues."

I liked it but had to replace the tranny twice in

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

"the 3 years I had it.. Not worth it!!!"

Reliable, economical, fun to drive

By on Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, reliable"

"I bought this with 41000 miles on it in 2002. After 11 years, the engine is still strong. There has been some maintenance done, but its been a lot better than the Nissan Sentra I had before this one. It is zippy, fun to drive, and fuel economy is excellent. Very reliable and dependable. Its not a luxury car, but it has arm rests and a fully adjustable drivers seat which for me, is more important than leather and chrome trim."

Problems

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

"These cars have consistent transmission problems and emission problems."

Great little basic driver around town and trips

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Great price ,easy to park , great on gas"

Cons: "Basic inter. no big screen tv to watch"

"If you have a mindset the good car have to have leather seats and of the gizmos that make the car drive it self for you. then forget it. this car is not for you . But if you want one heck of a good little car for a little money and don't mind rolling up our own windows locking your own doors and shifting your own gears then you can't get any better great in snow fun to drive in summer in up state N.Y. I driven this all over ."

Great wheels, great deal

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Got a great price, low maintenance, super mpg"

Cons: "not big on luxuries/ammenities"

"I purchased the car with fewer than 6,000 miles on it, still under warranty. I have consistently gotten 35+ mpg highway (including a couple of highway trips that hit 40). In town, it still manages 30 mpg. It has good power for passing, easy access to dash, radio, etc. I've seen less than a 5% drop in mileage even when using a/c. The coffee cup holders are not placed well, if you are like me and want to change the heat/defrost/a-c frequently, sometimes they stick "in" and you need a knife to re-open them (I just leave mine out). I had the touch-on button for the radio go out for awhile which made it very hard to turn off/on and the cassette player ate through a couple of my favorite cassettes, so I don't use it anymore. The rear defrost could work a little better and the non-power outdoor mirror adjusters can get in the way when rolling your window down, scraping your mirrors (I live where there is snow/ice), etc. Back seats have plenty of leg room, yet are easily reachable from the front seat. The fold down rear seat makes it easy to store/carry things (I carted 13 banana boxes full of food to a pantry in need). It runs so quiet, I can sit in my g/f driveway and she never even hears me arrive, even sitting at a stop light you can barely tell it's running, yet has good power for passing, when needed."

Great wheels, great deal

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Got a great price, low maintenance, super mpg"

Cons: "not big on luxuries/ammenities"

good car

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "many"

"Good car. reliable. always starts. good on gas. Great city car or for short trips."

very comfortable and convient for small family

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "saves on gas and always tuned up"

Cons: "might be small for family over 4"

"very handy and always reliable for family and business usage"

Great on gas and super reliable

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliability, price"

Cons: "A little cramped, lack of power"

"I purchased this car new and have averaged 35000 miles a year on it. I regularly drove it from ri to ct and have driven it through two blizzards and have never gotten stuck. The mpg is the best feature of this car and it's reliability is a close second. Aside from brake pads, battery, tires, and a light bulb I have put no money into this car. I do agree with other reviewers that the interior is kinda tight and the window cranks and cup holders are cheaply made and are prone to breaking. I feel that there are small inconveniences that come with owning this car but the pros out weigh the cons by far. I would recommend this car for someone who is willing to sacrifice power and a tiny bit of comfort for the reliability and cost effectiveness this car has to offer."