2004 Hyundai Accent

7.8

Based on 391 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

Second Hyundai I owned

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "It is great on gas and the a/c is terrific."

Cons: "Not too much room for extra passengers in the back"

"Originally I owned a 2001 Elantra from 2002 to 2008- Sold that one and purchased a pre-owned 2005 Accent. It had 9,000 original miles when I bought it. Today it has 20,900 miles. I don't drive much as I am retired but I can say I put gas in my car every other month. Not filling the tank I put in usually between $12 to $15. I figure this car runs me about 35 to 40 mpg. It is quite comfortable, the seats recline (they are bucket seats). It has good pickup even though it is only a 4 cylinder. The best little car I have ever had. I painted it last year, not because the original paint was chipping or anything like that. My granddaughter had put on some scratches by driving her bicycle between my car and the wall (8 years old kid). So I gave it a simple paint job. The only problem I have ever had with this car was the CD player quit last year. I hardly use it anyway, so I have not fixed it yet. Put four new tires 8 months ago. Has great A/C and it is easy to park in small spaces. Drawback: Not a family car, as the back seat is pretty tight and it is only two doors, so it is hard for adults to get in or out. Other than that, I love it. My next car will definitely be another Hyundai."

great little car

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "good mileage, reliable w/few problems"

Cons: "engine is no powerhouse by any means"

"I have owned this car since 2005 w/19,000 miles for under 10 grand It has done every thing I have asked it to do and w/fold-down seats lots of storage. I've hauled 8 foot 2x4's with this car and half sheets of plywood."

Good, but with a warning

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Handles and drives nicely. Also has nice styling. WATCH OUT - The Automatic Transmission is a "GRENADE WITH THE PIN PULLED" at around 100K so if you're beyond that range don't go far without a ride ready to pick you up."

I love my little Accent

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"I bought my 2004 Hyundai Accent used for $9,000 with 34k miles on it. I've had it for about 8 years now and am at 103k miles. I am very on top of service and oil changes so "she" has treated me very well. Other than normal wear and tear (brakes, battery, tires, spark plugs, timing belt, etc.) I haven't had many issues with my Accent. Recently, after reaching 100k, I had to replace the axle and wheel bearing, but that's honestly not bad!! The only real complaint I have is the cheap quality of the exterior and interior components. I've had 2 door handles break on me and the horn has stopped working! These things weren't cheap to fix, but I didn't mind too much considering actual mechanical/engine issues are MUCH more costly."

Really good little car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Cons: "very small back seat"

"We bought this car new, and have never been sorry. It is small, and not a car I would want to be hit in, but has been nearly perfect in reliability. One warranty call in eight years. (leaky water pump) Everything works well, the air, heat, radio, etc. While it is not comfortable for a long road trip, it is great around town and back and forth to work. We were so impressed with the quality of Hyundai, we bought a new Genesis this last summer. When it comes time to replace the Accent, I would buy another one in a heartbeat."