2001 Hyundai Accent

7.8

Based on 406 Ratings for the 2000 - 2005 models.

7.6/10

Owner for three years...

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"This car is great to have! If you spill your drink or put a dent in the door, you don't really care because it's an Accent! It's also good on gas, whereas nowadays a full tank of gas doubles the value of the car. But this is what I needed...a car that I could beat up, not have to clean, and not have to care about because I have so many other things to worry about! The 5-speed manual runs at about 4,000 rpms at 70 mph. It really sounds like the engine is trying too hard to sustain this speed, but it still accelerates rather well, and still amazingly gets 32-35 mpg at these speeds. When you step in the car, the interior cries 'sorry your life didn't turn out better'. It is very basic, plastic fantastic all around. My girlfriend once told me she was 'embarrased to be seen' in it, but I don't listen to her half the time... Would I recommend this car? It depends...if you need the cheapest thing to get you from A to B, this is a dependable workhorse. If you want something that is fun to drive, turns heads, or is comfortable on long road trips, you'd be out of your mind buying this car!"

My Trusty Hyundai

By on Friday, November 09, 2012

Pros: "great price, holds a lot of stuff"

Cons: "small, doesn't hold infant careseats very well"

"I have had my Hyundai Accent for 8 years now, it got me through high school and college, and it has continued to be a trustworthy and dependable vehicle. I have not had any major issues with the car, other than the normal wear which I make sure gets straightened out and tuned up every time it is supposed to get serviced. It runs great, is comfortable and very convienent, and despite its small size I have been able to fit an entire drum kit as well as multiple boxes when moving."

Great on gas and super reliable

By on Monday, September 16, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliability, price"

Cons: "A little cramped, lack of power"

"I purchased this car new and have averaged 35000 miles a year on it. I regularly drove it from ri to ct and have driven it through two blizzards and have never gotten stuck. The mpg is the best feature of this car and it's reliability is a close second. Aside from brake pads, battery, tires, and a light bulb I have put no money into this car. I do agree with other reviewers that the interior is kinda tight and the window cranks and cup holders are cheaply made and are prone to breaking. I feel that there are small inconveniences that come with owning this car but the pros out weigh the cons by far. I would recommend this car for someone who is willing to sacrifice power and a tiny bit of comfort for the reliability and cost effectiveness this car has to offer."

Great for a first car or a cheap car.

By on Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pros: "Cheap on gas, low cost to maintain."

Cons: "Bad in winter. Hard to get tires they're R13's."

"This car I bought in feb of 2007 for $8,795. I live in an area where this is a lot of hills so my ave. mpg is 26 mpg. More on the hwy of course around 35. It is very compact if your big don't sit in the back. Comfort is fair for the driver. Features of the base model which I own is very stripped. If you live in snowy weather I advise studded snow tires, it will be the only way your gonna stay on the road unless your a rally driver. Also keep in mind the tires are R13's so most places don't carry them anymore. My car has 162,500 miles on it now, and the 2nd transmission has just went. As being a volunteer firefighter I have put my transmission through everything so it is kinda expected. A used one runs around $1800, and it is worth right now as a trade $1000 so I'm getting rid of it. And going back to a Ford Focus. The only other thing I found is wrong if you have to get studs or nuts for the tires make sure you get it for a 2005 model because some reason it is wrong for an 2004 (spent a week and 15 different shops to find this out.) I would recommend this car for a college student or highschool student. Because the gas is cheap (only 10.9 gal tank), a lot of parts are cheap. And is fairly easy to maintain. Takes 10w30 oil which runs around $3 a quart. and is 4.5 quarts to fill. If I wasn't so hard on my transmission I bet I could of taken it past 200,000 miles."

Good for it's price

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"I've got 2000 Hyundai Accent GL with 133K miles. And it still runs perfectly. The engine and transmission work smooth. It's little bit slow but that's fine for driving in a city. I like it for its small size so I don't have any problems with parking space. This is a perfect first car for a lady or a student. It costs me just $16 to fill it up! The only thing you need is just to take care of it and keep regular maintenance. I didn't like Korean vehicles before but my Accent made me completely change my opinion."