1995 Hyundai Accent

7.4

Based on 85 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.0/10
    7.0/10

Excellent reliability!

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"This is the second Hyundai I have owned (my first was a Hyundai Scoupe I had for 3 yrs.) I absolutely love these cars. Hyundai makes incredibly reliable, affordable, good-looking transportation. My first hyundai I bought when it was 11 years old and had 100000 miles on it. My ex drove it too hard and wore out the engine, yet the car DID NOT break down on me ever. I finally gave it to someone when I got a new car and it was still running two years after the engine got messed up and now had 150000 miles on it. My '99 Accent I have now I have owned for 2 years, I bought it with 140000 miles on it, and now it has 180000. It is still going strong. The interior has held up great to the abuse of my kids, the exterior is sound, it has a few little rust spots, but we use a lot of road salt where I live ( The car is 10 yrs. old now, and I would think washing it more often would prevent that). I intend to buy a new (used) car here soon and my preference would be to have another hyundai. After owning two of them I don't think I would want to own anything else. This time though I am going for an Elantra as my kids and I are outgrowing the Accent. Other than the small size of this car, I really don't have any complaints about it."

GREAT

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "great price, very reliable, cute, runs and runs!"

Cons: "cheap cupholders"

"I bought my car when it had just over 120000 miles on it and it ran very well.. Within the past year i have put 24000 miles on it and it still is running great! I do take care of my vehicles and this one is very easy to care for. great for your money, very reliable. I live in Central Oregon and my family lives in the valley, so i drive over the mountain on average 20 times a summer. This car is GREAT. Its my first car and i plan to keep it for a very long time."

Good overall vehicle

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "Ran good for the last 8yrs"

Cons: "parts are not cheap"

"I've had this car for 8yrs now. Normal wear and tear, good fuel mileage, low oil consumption, very good going through the snow. Doesn't take the bumps very well the only real down fall. Does turn on the dime and very easy to parallel park. Overall good car, 3rd set of brakes on the front, 2nd set of brakes on the back, 2nd set of tires, 3rd alternator, 2nd battery, 3rd set of spark plugs all in 8yrs. Alternator is a pain to change, have to remove the right front tire and move the radiator over to remove the alternator. Parts are also not cheap to replace especially sensors. Good little car."

most reliable little car ever!

By on Friday, September 18, 2009

"I bought this car used when it was 4 years old. I have now owned it for 6 years and other than scheduled maintenance, I have not had to fix a darn thing! I used it to commute to work and school in college (30 min. either way for both school and work) and it has been a trooper through horrible snow and ice storms, getting me safely to my destination when I saw 4wd vehicles in the ditch! It's a zippy little car that gets awesome gas mileage and is really trouble free. What a great car! If it weren't for having a family now and needing a bigger car for car seats, etc. I would continue to get Accents for the rest of my life! Can't go wrong with this car if you want a reliable commuter!"

Lasted me the longest!

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Pros: "Lasted me a long time for the price I paid for it."

Cons: "door handles are plastic and they break easily."

"I paidno more the $4500 for this car in 2006. It has lasted me 7 years and it is still kickin'! I havnt had to many problems with this car. The down fall of my car is the make of the exterior. The plastic door handles and the thin medal it is easy for dents, dings, and breakages. Other then a couple dents and mechanical problems with the door handles this car has been great!"

Most Reliable I Ever Owned

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"I've owned a '97 accent for the last 4 years and put about 100,000 miles on it. I have to say this is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. The only part I've ever replaced on the vehicle is the alternator! The vehicle currently has about 205,000 miles on it. It's never left me stranded. The only bad thing I find about the car is the cheaply made door handles. They break fairly easy. But mechanically a well built car."

extremely reliable

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"Extremely reliable we took long thousand mile trips comfortably several times without incident."

Reliable vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I've owned the 1999 accent since September 09. It's about to hit 100k miles and by far has been reliable. Although sluggish due to its small engine this vehicle has gone up and down the entire eastern seaboard with zero incidents. The vehicle has never required major repairs except for the master cylinders that I replaced at 96k."

Great town car

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"This car has been extremely reliable in all weather conditions, relatively comfortable and excellent on gas. I recommend this car for the beginning driver, college student or anyone that needs a good economic car."

great on gas

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"my daughter bought this car for her first vehicle.it runs great and is very reliable not to mention really great on gas."

I love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2008

"I bought this car brand new in 1997. I was a little lerary of buying a Hyundai, but I am sure glad I bought it. I have been driving it for almost 11 years and have had no problems!!! I have to sell it because it doesn't have room for three car seats in the back, but I wish I could get something bigger with as great gas milage. I would recommend one hands down to other smaller cars.:>"

Great little car

By on Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I've bought a 1997 GL 4D back in 2000 and have it since then. Got it at 22,500 miles and only had to do regular maintenance (oil, filters, tires) on it. Mileage is absolutely awesome (35 in town, up to 46 on highway). This little car has paid several times its price. I like better the design of the old Accents vs the new ones."

great lil car!

By on Saturday, January 12, 2008

"I bought mine in 2000 and i have only had to do minor work on it. Still have it and it's going strong! I just love it even more since the price of gas went up!!!!! LOL"

Great little car

By on Thursday, August 04, 2011

Pros: "Great Great little car"

"Runs great. It has speed and pick up. I just change oil and do the timing belt every 60,000 miles and it goes."

great car

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"I have had this car since 1996 and have put 146,000 miles on it. It is still running and I believe with the proper care, it would probably run until 200,000 miles! This car has seen two babies being brought home from the hospital! This car has been very dependable and gets good gas mileage--on average about 27-30 mpg. I am now looking at replacing it and am looking at other Hyundai cars. Very pleased with Hyundai!"

Best Value

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"My mother also bought this car in '99 and it is still kicking. We took it over in '05 and it has been a blessing - in gas mileage especially. It hasn't needed any major work done. It is a dependable car and I would recommend it if you need a car for just transportation/a commuter car."

nice

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"nice ride, smooth.could be a little more roomy, but worth the money ."

Wonderful Car!

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"My mom bought this car in 99 and I bought it from her in 03 This truely has been a family car we have had it for 10 yrs. It is still running never had any major work on it at all. I love this car..I don't know what I'm going to do when I need to get a new one...I'm going to be very sad to see this car go. It was great with gas and wonderful on the road..This company makes awesome cars!! Keep up the good work!"

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I bought mine for $800 its a 97... driving in it for two years and have put 40,000 miles on it and it is still ticking!!! Love the car... $35 to fill the tank and 300-325 miles to go, who wouldnt love it!!! Got a chance to buy one, I would say definately go for it!!!!"

Very reliable 4 me

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"Very reliable car for the money spent !"

great little car

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"i have personally put 120000kms on mine totalling 210 000kms i have had to change an altenator and brakes in that time, i live in northern canada and have studded tires on mine. they are the perfect starter car and ver easy to work on yourself."

Good Car if under 100,00 mi

By on Sunday, February 03, 2008

"I have a 98 hyundai accent, and I thoroughly enjoyed the car. I bought it with 34,000 miles on it and have driven it virtually maintenance free for over five years. There was a noticeable decline in performance and reliability once the car hit 100,00 mi. In fact I would say it was fairly drastic. If the car is well under 100,00 mi GO FOR IT! It is fuel efficient and nearly maintenance free. Another plus is that the cost of the parts for the 98 accent are very inexpensive, but the downside is that they can be difficult to work on due to the limited spacing between parts under the hood. Overall a good car that will save you money!"

I am surprised

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"I bought it because of its low price with a OK gas milage, and it's my first car. I only hoped that it could help me to improve my driving skills. However, its performance surprised me. I have driven it twice of round-trips from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA. I was certainly worried about the long trips, but both trips turned out OK (well-prepared with a fully checking before the trips); epecially through a snow weather b/w CA and OR (in the mountains) around 2005 Christmas. I was very pleased. About its maintanance, I only dealt with few small problems, such as CV boots, rear break fluid line leaking, etc. I am the second owner, and have had it for 55000 miles (5 years) since 80000 miles. Over all, I think that it is still a pretty good car to have."

Enjoyed This Car

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"This was an excellent car that gave me 12 years and 166,000 miles of very reliable usage. Most of those miles were city driving. There was some rust starting on the bottom of the doors, and a few rattles, but overall I still enjoyed the car. There were no major repairs needed along the way, just some brake work. Spacious hatch area and the back seats folded down for more space."

Great price, somewhat reliable

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2007

"Nice little car, great for shopping around town or getting groceries. No great for long trips, very loud on the freeway and have had minor problems and about 2,000 in work done to the car but it's nice. I like the style of the older accents compared to the newer models. Overall satisfied."