2010 HUMMER H3T

Based on 470 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

adventure pkg, blue/slate, auto

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"I think I was thrown into the hummer craze w/o careful consideration to my purchase but the vehicle excels off road and driving in tight scenarios. With over 80k in miles I have flogged my 3 thru heavy mud, deep snow, high speed desert, and rocky washes without a hiccup of any mechanical issues. Do not plan to haul much of any gear or tow; the power is inadequate and at that expense mileage suffers heavily due to the engine constantly spinning above 3500rpm. The wind noise is awful and head winds are rightfully scary with no acceleration left at highway speeds. I am 5'10" and after the 2nd hour of driving i get very uncomfortable. GM has corrected the power issue but the baseline engine selection should have been the legendary 4.3l 6cylinder which has much better torque at lower rpms with this vehicles weight. With proper gearing and more investment into a 5spd auto this setup would achieve much better real world mileage aside to my current 13-17 mpg. I suggest this vehicle only if you reside in a climate similar to tahoe or vail don't have a large family and have a short distance to work and play."

WATCH FOR TRANSMISSION FAILURE

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I own a 2007 Hummer H3 with 48k miles and I DO NOT RECOMEND BUYING THIS MODEL because there is a design flaw with the transmission cooler that is located inside of the radiator. GM is aware of this, but never issued a recall. Many Hummer H3's have been affected by it. When it goes bad, trans fluid & eng. coolant mix, your hummer will overheat and your automatic transmission will fail. If you are lucky and its under warranty, GM will repair it like they did mine. They installed a new radiator, trans cooler, supposedly repaired my trans and did a poor job at flushing the fluids. But it does not drive the same since this repair, and the transmission now shifts hard from 1st to 2nd, I have taken it back more than twice and they say there is nothing wrong with it (I suspect they are just stalling so that my warranty runs out). They flushed my engine several times, but I still see traces of fluid contamination. (GM should have installed a new engine & new transmission, instead of just repairing the original transmission. There is also an issue with the heads going bad in the 5 cyl engine and the intakes & fuel injectors tend to foul up as well. Rear visability is awfull, forget about being able back up a small trailer or jetski without adding a costly back up camera. I always wanted a Hummer, even though it looks great, performs well off-road, and has good acceleration, I wish I would have never got rid of my '06 Dodge Durango 4X4 (which never gave me any problems that the dealer didn't promptly resolve) for the H3. .GM DOESN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR VEHICLES (I should have learned my lesson from the brand new saturn I bought back in '02 which turned out to be a lemon), GM can forget about me purchasing a new Chevy Volt that I had planned and I will not buy a GM product ever again. GM if you are reading this, here is the vehicle id number: 5GTDN13E178188581"

I love my Hummer

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

"I bought this H3 when it had 24,000 miles on it.. Now it has 105,000. I love it... It pulls my little 2 horse trailer when I want to... I can haul in it... I love the way it handles.. I would buy another on in a New York Minute... and thats fast... laughing."

Great driver,

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pros: "looks great, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs more power"

"great turning radius, very sure footed in the Wisconsin snow. window controlls could be in a better location. the ac will freeze you out. the heater will bake you. the seat heaters are great, down the road nice and straight. could use more power."

Best vehicle Ive owned

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. safe"

Cons: "Limited console space"

My H3 Resting in driveway

"My H3 is a very safe and reliable vehicle that I look forward to driving every chance I can. The heated leather seats are comfortable and the controls are easy to see and work well. Heating and A/C works well. Monsoon stereo system with 6 disc changer has great audio with automatic volume control via vehicle speed. The 5 cylinder engine has surprisingly plenty of power and 4 speed automatic shifts flawlessly. This ride has the biggest sunroof I have ever seen and works great. The onstar system and phone provide even more security and work perfectly and turn by turn navigation is nice but I still prefer my dash mounted Garmin. The only thing this H3 is missing is the Bluetooth interface that that the 2010's came with. Shame they discontinued production of this vehicle."

My H3 Resting in driveway

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching HUMMER H3T near Honolulu. See local deals