2009 HUMMER H3T

Based on 461 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Solid truck, needs more power-where is Tim Taylor?

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Superb handling in all types of weather."

Cons: "Driver's visibility and lack of power."

"Truck is solid inside and out. Drives comfortably on all surfaces and in all conditions. Sitting in the truck is a little odd, more like a bobsled than a truck, but is workable. The powertrain is my only gripe with this truck. 3.5L inline 5-cylinder engine with 220 HP just isn't enough in most cases to accelerate to highway speeds, especially on an uphill ramp. Have updated exhaust, intake and added a performance chip to up the power to around 275 HP, providing some relief. But sometimes reduced power is a good thing. When passing from rain to ice/snow at highway speeds, have seen many other 4X4 and offroad vehicles spin and flip, whereas the Hummer H3 just putters on through it all, comfortably and controlled. Better car or better driver? Not really sure, but suspect the Hummer's lack of power and AWD helps keep this little truck predictable in all conditions. Just don't expect to be passing anyone except a fully-loaded tractor-trailer rig while going over mountain passes. The other small annoyance is the visibility. Big side mirrors help, but had to add mid-size convex mirrors so I can see what's right next to me. This isn't possible without the convex mirrors, as I've almost run over 2 motorcycles and 3 little sports cars when changing lanes just because I couldn't see them. The most surprising thing about this truck is its handling. I've had many people in the truck with me claim that the turning radius on this truck is unbelievable. And it is. Parks like a dream. Fits in places it has no right to fit. Handles well, brakes well but has some slight shuddering when the brakes are wet or braking downhill to a stop. Interior is roomy and comfortable. Passenger seats provide plenty of room, but getting in and out of the back seat is sometimes difficult for people who've never ridden in an H3 before. It can be done once you figure out the trick, but it's not something you want to ask your grandmother to do. Put HER in the front seat."

Best Vehicle ever for bad weather.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This is a good riding vehicle. I really enjoy driving it and it is fun to drive.This vehicle lays on the road and makes one feel like you have so much control."

Beyond Expectations

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"First, my H3 has been 100% reliable for the 3 years I have owned it. No problems. Second, it has good acceleration and my other car is a Vette. Third, it gets over 20 highway mpg using CC at 65. It is very comfortable, extremely safe and very stylish, not to mention it is awesome off-road. I installed a backup camera & nav system so now it is practical for daily driving. Consumer Reports' review is a joke. Ask anyone who owns an H3."

adventure pkg, blue/slate, auto

By on Sunday, February 22, 2009

"I think I was thrown into the hummer craze w/o careful consideration to my purchase but the vehicle excels off road and driving in tight scenarios. With over 80k in miles I have flogged my 3 thru heavy mud, deep snow, high speed desert, and rocky washes without a hiccup of any mechanical issues. Do not plan to haul much of any gear or tow; the power is inadequate and at that expense mileage suffers heavily due to the engine constantly spinning above 3500rpm. The wind noise is awful and head winds are rightfully scary with no acceleration left at highway speeds. I am 5'10" and after the 2nd hour of driving i get very uncomfortable. GM has corrected the power issue but the baseline engine selection should have been the legendary 4.3l 6cylinder which has much better torque at lower rpms with this vehicles weight. With proper gearing and more investment into a 5spd auto this setup would achieve much better real world mileage aside to my current 13-17 mpg. I suggest this vehicle only if you reside in a climate similar to tahoe or vail don't have a large family and have a short distance to work and play."

Solid-best vehicle I have drove in the snow/Ice.

By on Friday, April 06, 2007

"I cant tell you how much I love this H3. The turning radius is unbelievable. It is the most sound & solid vehicle we have ever owned. We have had 16 new SUV-& trucks in the last 10 years and this H3 is by far the BEST vehicle. It is not a speed demon, & going thur a bank drive thru is tricky because the windows are set high. Some may think that visibility may be an issue-NOT AT ALL! i AM CURRENTLY BUYING A NEW ONE AND TRADE IN IS BETTER THAN I THOUGHT(IHAVE HIGH MILEGE) USED MARKED IS GOOD, DEALER DID NOT DEBATE WHAT I WANTED AT ALL. i love my h3"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching HUMMER H3T near Honolulu. See local deals