• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2005 Honda S2000

9.7

Based on 374 Ratings for the 2000 - 2009 models.

9.9/10
    9.7/10

Most fun vehicle ever

By on Thursday, November 22, 2007

"After owning two Audi S4's both 2.7T and 4.2 models, three TT's all 225hp quattro's, an 03 M3, among others; this is by far the most impressive vehicle I have ever owned! The short throw shifter, crisp transmission, high revving motor, 50/50 weight distribution, top down fun, and Honda reliability I could not be happier! Plus the limited availability of this roadster make it all the more exotic."

Great car if you know you want it.

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "One of the best driving cars on the road period"

Cons: "Cloth top tears, noise, ergonomics"

"The S2000 is not designed for everyone. This car is meant to be a performance driver. It does not like bumpy roads, it doesn't like cold weather, it's loud, lacks storage and even simple creature comforts built into most cheap rental cars, and certain bits (cloth top especially) wear out quickly. That being said, this is one of the most enjoyable cars to drive hard on a nicely paved curvy road or race track and if you are an aggressive driver on the road this car will certainly keep you entertained and most likely assist in getting you a few moving violations from the local authorities. I personally loved this car when I drove it in L.A. and not so fond of driving it in NY. A few things drive me crazy about it however: The car has remote door locks but no automatic switch in the car, so if your key is in the ignition and you want to unlock the passenger door, you have to reach over and manually unlock it. The cloth top is notorious for tearing in certain spots. It has nearly no sound deadening in the entire car, so it's VERY loud at highway speeds. That's about all I have to complain about..."

Best Honda Ever

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive. Sporty and Sexy"

Cons: "none that i have found"

my killer bee

"I'm a 6'5" male 210 lbs. i fit perfectly in this car. I have even found a perfect way to sleep in this car. Handles like a race car and drives like one as well. I will never own any other car now, if this one is wrecked then i will just have to get another one. Highly recommend this car to every one i know. Even if they have children. I have two but my wife owns a suburban so i don't have to worry about taking them anywhere in my car."

my killer bee

Best alternative to owning a motorcycle

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Unique, visceral driver; great engine sound"

Cons: "lack of heated seats, possibly an upgraded stereo"

"A driver's car in every way. Fast enough, but more amazing is how the car handles. I usually don't even tap the brakes when taking a corner or turn. This car is more basic in it's approach than most other 2-seater roadsters, which is half the fun. I'll admit to wishing it had heated seats, but other than that, you can't match it for overall driving satisfaction at anything close to the price. I'm sure only offering a manual transmission contributed to it's eventual demise, but a car like this shouldn't even think about offering an automatic transmission."

2006 owner, and this is my BABY!!

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Looks, optional hardtop, incredible handling, quick, so much fun to drive."

Cons: "Lack of torque, Stereo is horrible, premature soft top tears, paint chips easily."

"I fell in love with this car when I bought my first new ap1 2001 model. This 06 model which I bought new has not seen enough use, but I'd never let it go. Quite simply, it's an incredible performer. I've never owned or even driven a car that is this much fun. High revving, and it will have you grinning from ear to ear.I recommend the Ap2 (2004-2009) because it looks nicer inside and out, has a more torque, and is a better overall car than the AP1. The newer, the better. Unfortunately, I developed problems many owners don't suffer. Water leaks on my driver's side at the seal on window, and car is basically like new. Also, this car is notorious for the soft top tearing, which I am beginning to experience. I also have annoying rattles coming from the frame when top is up, and cannot figure out what is wrong. Warranty is out, I can't afford to have it diagnosed and fixed right now, so I just accept it, use my hard top more often, and let it go for now. I don't recommend this as a daily driver, unless you can withstand the loud road noise, loud engine on highway, and cramped interior. This is a driver's car, and a pure sports car. Nothing luxurious about it. It can be as reliable as any Honda, so those who don't mind, and don't live where there are bad winters, go for it!! You won't be sorry!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda S2000 near Honolulu. See local deals