• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,488 - $28,377.

10/7.6

Based on 645 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Quality built versatile SUV/pickup

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Quality build, comfort, 4 wheel drive system"

Cons: "Pickup box design"

"Hard-core pickup fans will likely disregard the Ridgeline but for me its capabilities exactly match my needs. It drives and rides very comfortably and quietly - more like an SUV than a pickup, but provides enough hauling/towing capacity to satisfy my requirements (mostly recreational.) The power is very adequate for towing my moderately - sized boat and ATV and it has enough cargo capacity to transport the camping and recreational gear that I use. The feature that I like the most is the 4 wheel drive system which engages automatically as needed - not necessary to manually engage and disengage, and it allows turning without tires "jumping" when engaged (although it can be manually locked up for tough going.) The one thing I am not especially happy with is the pickup box. While I have managed to cope with the 5 foot length (would prefer 6 feet) I struggle with the high sides which prevent me from reaching in from the side of the vehicle, and with the depth of the box when the tonneau cover is in place. The depth issue results from the in-floor trunk - a handy and desirable feature which I fully utilize and enjoy, but which has the effect of raising the box floor. Gas mileage is pretty good - I have achieved as high as 26 mpg on highway, and consistently get 17 - 18 towing my boat which weighs about 1,500 pounds. The V-6 engine is smooth and quiet. Since the vehicle designs is seven or eight years old it doesn't feature some of the technology that newer models have, but it has plenty for me. Honda quality is evident throughout."

has tonneau cover, rhino lining in bed of truck,

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, heater works quick,"

"Love to drive it, excellent in snow"

Great passenger/Truck, great trunk

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Honda got it right the first time"

Cons: "Navi screen needs to be tilted to driver"

"Only regular maintenance, NO major/minor transmission or engine work. Navi screen should tilt to driver; I highly recommend this truck, one of the best all around."

Best PU I have owned

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and fullfills our needs."

Cons: "Gas mileage, towing capabilities."

"I own several vehicles. I have owned several different pickups over the years. I owned Toyota, Nissan, even a VW pickup years ago. I owned a Dodge Dakota with hemi engine. I wanted something dependable and comfortable without being too large for the wife. I looked at SUV vehicles and almost purchased the Pilot. I needed something to tow a small camping trailer and also something that was more car like in handling and comfort. I like the idea of also having a bed that I could carry things like a lawnmower or even something larger without having it inside of the cab area. I drove almost everything available. A friend asked me if I had driven the Ridgeline. I had not so, I went and took one out for a test drive. Well, I should not have done that because when I got out of it and got back into my Dodge, I felt like I was driving a log wagon. The Ridgeline drove so well and felt so tight and controlled and it just felt very well constructed. The steering response was very good and it just felt like a vehicle that I would enjoy driving. I thought about the truck the rest of the week and went and found just the one I wanted at a dealer not to far from my house. I got the RTL w/navi. I have had the truck since 2006 and it just turned 41,000 miles. I keep it clean, serviced and well cared for. When I took it for the service a couple of weeks ago, the shop manager said it looked new and he had never seen a cleaner engine bay and interior on any truck. He said the truck was just like new. They really did a good job of checking everything out and said the truck needed nothing but the regular maintenance. It still have the original Michelin tires and they have a lot o life still left on them. The truck is parked mostly inside during the day and stays in a garage at night. The paint looks new and I love the truck more than any vehicle I have ever owned. When asked if I wanted to sell it, I said, why??? I would definitely want another Ridgeline if I sold my truck. My wife loves the truck also. She said she was so afraid I was going to get a truck that was too large for her to feel comfortable driving. The size of the truck is so manageable. It really replaces a car and a truck. If I needed something larger and perhaps stronger, I would get a full sized truck. But the Ridgeline completely fulfills our need for a pickup. It is unique in many ways and I will keep it as long as I can. I would certainly recommend the truck to anyone wanting a dependable, mid sized truck that drives like a fine car. I had rather drive it than my Mercedes. It just feels good to drive it in town and on the road. It is a very smooth highway vehicle that doesn't tire you out behind the wheel. The vehicle is relatively quiet and really travels down the highway."

Great truck. Fair gas milage.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"Could be a little more fuel efficient. Over all good reliable vehicle."