2014 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,345 - $27,576.

10/7.6

Based on 667 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Storage Storage Storage!!! If you are looking for a truck that can do it all - go drive the Honda Ridgeline for a day or two. I did & I was sold! Honda has done a great job designing this truck to be so many things. It hauls (I have a boat it hauls w/np), it's a passenger SUV, and you can store an unbelievable amount of items. The back seats flip up creating an enormous amount of room to store items you don't want in the truck bed. Even with the back seats down you have ample storage under the seats which is nice on trips where people in the back can store articles they want to access during the trip. The TRUNK (THE TRUNK!) under the bed is what sold me on this truck - after the ride and many amenities. Its huge and people are amazed when I flip the tailgate sideways to access it. I own horses, so being able to store saddles, and tack in the trunk (tack is expensive- you don't want to haul it in a truck bed), then carry passengers comfortably and uncrowded is worth every $ paid for this vehicle. Its nice to have some place to store items NOT in the truck bed. I've used this truck for everything - hauling furniture between states, long trips, hauling horses, boats, you name it. I HOPE HONDA changes NOTHING when it comes to storage. Even the console has plenty of storage, door side panels are nice and wide, backs of front seats have storage for maps, etc. I've owned this truck for 3 years (2007 RTL) and have never seen a truck so versatile. The ride is amazing and I've taken it on plenty of long trips. I have no complaints about gas mileage for a truck. On the highway I'm getting up to 350 miles per tank! I have no complaints about in town mileage either. I've heard 2006 owners complain about gas, so maybe Honda made improvements in the 07. The interior is very nice and Honda has added many details - tiny map light that shines down in front of the console, the sliding console for storage and easy access, the leather seats, comfortable steering wheel and AC/Heat and radio nicely placed. The Radio/Cd controls on the steering wheel are nicely placed and don't require you to look away from the road. Honestly, I have not found anything about this vehicle I don't like. I've heard the remarks 'ugliest truck ever made' - but I didn't want something that everyone else had either - the same basic box style pickup truck."

perfect truck for a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Perfect alternative for the family person needing a car for daily commute and a pickup for the weekend trip to Home Depot or friends move. Big note - the bed is 50" wide and fits plywood flat ! As everyone else says - the trunk is simply innovative and large. The tapered bed and low tailgate gives great rearview visibility. Speaking of tailgate, two way swing makes getting to the trunk very easy. Owned for two years - gas mileage about 17 which is lower than expected for Honda. Also transmission could be a little smoother, but not a big issue. I wouldn't suggest it for regular towing."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."

What a car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "very roomy, great for trunk storage, & safety"

Cons: "weak for heavy loads"

"This is a fantastic vehicle. It is NOT for those who are into heavy loud truck sounds and looking for the ability to tow thousands of pounds. With that said, I have owned my car since day 1 and now 6 years into it, I have yet to have any problem whatsoever. The car is a machine, and gets the job done. I can see why it has such a high rating. Nicely done, Honda."

Nearly perfect

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Very costly fan/air dial; avoid cloth upholstery"

"I love this truck! It has all of the benefits of a truck but drives and rides like a smooth and very comfortable sedan. The leg room in the back seat is fantastic; we have had passengers 6 ft+ comment on how comfortable the seating is for them. The only reason I am considering purchasing a different Honda (but not giving up my Ridgeline!)is the ever-increasing gas prices. My only complaints about the Ridgeline are: the fabric upholstery is dreadful (the slightest drip of water will leave a permanent stain) and unforgiving, and the dial/transistor for the air conditioner/fan is ridiculously priced to repair as it requires removing the entire panel to replace/repair (close to $800 between part and labor). The engine has been great - no issues. Overall, a fantastic vehicle I would recommend to anyone."

Amazing Truck!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, very safe, SUV-like drive, roomy"

Cons: "Light-weight towing truck only 5000 lbs,"

"This truck is simply one of the best built light-weight trucks on the market. I LOVE my ridgeline. Tons os space for five-day camping with an in-bed storage compartment that cant' go wrong; enough back seat space for long-legged friends and they fold up to fit coolers and even saddles when I tow my horse trailer. The truck can tow about 5000 lbs and it tows well even getting VERY close to the max weight. The truck rides like an SUV, and the unibody is built super well. There are so many extra features to protect you in an accident; I feel safe and comfortable while riding it. Guys, don't be turned off from buying this truck when I say it is the perfect Chick truck, lol. But honestly, if they sold the ridgeline with a V8 and it could tow a bigger rig, I'd never buy another car ever. LOVE MY RIDGELINE! BUY ONE! Even has clips for car seats and plenty of room for baby!"

Love this truck!!!

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I have a 2008 with 58000 miles on it. I get way better gas mileage than expected. Just took a 2000 mile trip in it, very very comfortable. Love the trunk in the bed, leaves room for bigger stuff that can be in the weather. I used to own a Ford Explorer and This Ridgeline is so much more comfortable and reliable!!! I would buy another once this one is done, however I don't expect that will be for a long, long time."

Best Vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"I have owned only 4x4s (Dodge-Powerwagon, ToyotaSR5, Jeep CJ7 x2, K-5 Blazer x2, Chevy Extended cab PU, Suburban x3) and found myself driving 99% by myself and wanted to down size. I checked all the mid-size SUVs but was intrigued by the style of the Honda. I fell in luv with this truck, but concerned of practicality of hauling medical equipment (wife has a Pilot that I didn't like driving). I bought the RTL w/NAV so it came with all features except the rearview camera. I have driven over 94,000 miles of highway, mountain roads, dirt switchbacks, sand, mud and snow and still love it. It still feels & sounds like it was new. The only type of driving I haven't done is all out rock crawling off-roading (which it isn't intended for) that I did years ago. This is the first vehicle that after 4 yrs & high milage that I want to keep. What I love: seating comfort, storage compartments in & out, trunk, climate control, heated seats/mirrors, performance & handling, no body lean/roll in corners (with or w/o topper), styling, STOP. It'll be easier to say what I don't love: significant blind spots, Honda brand hard tonneau cover, NAV system, & wind noise when moon roof is open caused by the deflector. What would I do different next time: roof rack, aftermarket roll-up hard bed cover & NAV system with reverse camera or sensors, and not install the body side protectors. Useful accessories I have: wheel locks, towing kit, cargo bed net, under-seat storage, auto day/night mirror, security system. BTW... this is first truck I've experienced an increase in mileage by adding a topper to it, +3mpg."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I have had this truck for 3 years now, and I still get 20-22 mpg. Carpet stains easy, but very comfortable ride, and drive. I would recommed this truck to anyone!"

Tough meets Classy?

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The pros: Excellent car like ride quality. Comfortable leather seats and Honda's fit and finish. For the money, nobody makes a nicer interior than honda. Tons of storage space and the lockable trunk is just AWESOME. If you want an SUV but sometimes need a bed to haul stuff in, this is the truck for you. If you're thinking about towing more than 5000lbs or doing any real off roading, i'd look into the bigger american trucks for that. The navigation system in the Ridgeline is second to none. Its very user friendly and large enough to read with minimal distraction. Dual Action Tailgait provides easy access from different angles which proves very useful. Cons: Like every other honda made, you have to wind out the tach to make any sort of power. I don't know about you all but I like torque, not waiting for vtec to engage while I nearly get creamed merging onto the highway. Thats fine for the smaller sporty hondas like the civic Si or RSX Type S, but not a truck. The overweight ridgeline RTL tips the scales at over 4500lbs. With a curb weight that high, this truck should have a V8 or a V6 turbo diesel. To get it moving at anything other than a snails pace requires high revs and ultimately more gas! With prices over $4/gal, that can put a nice dent in your wallet. Another downside I found was the lack of ground clearance on the Ridgeline. Add running boards and it gets even worse. I can't help but feel depantsed when I see a minivan pull up next to me at a light and notice I'm not riding any higher than they are. If it's going to be marketed as Tough meets Classy, lets get tough and get that thing off the ground. My last complaint is the amount of road noise inside the cabin. Add a sunroof and it gets worse, eventually leading to rattles that according to Honda "..they all do that...it can't be fixed." Still though, the Ridgeline RTL is a very nice truck and does have benefits that outweigh the negatives....depending on what you're using it for."

Just doesn't get any better.

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I traded in a 06 Nissan Frontier for my 07 Ridge and I couldn't be happier. There's nothing this truck can not do. The winter driving is excellent and it hauls my boat and four wheeler like there is nothing there. Great handling and good overall power. The only negatives are extremely poor fuel economy. I mean you don't expect 20+ in the city out of a truck but I don't do much stop and go driving and I have been averaging about 12MPG since winter started. about 15MPG before. Overall a great truck and would recomend it to anyone who asked."

Sturdy truck w/ a car-like ride

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"We've had the Ridgeline 1.5 years, no problems. The more miles, the better the mileage & the quicker it gets. For work it's great to lock tools in the in-bed trunk. The 2-way tailgate is handy for loading (the side rails are high). The standard bed "liner" holds up to loads of rocks. We tow a Trailmanor camping trailer (about 3,800 lbs) a lot (w/a weight distributing hitch) & you hardly know it's there (haven't done the high Rockies yet; can't wait to have this truck with Honda's diesel engine some day for the added torque). My wife likes to drive small cars, so she doesn't choose to drive the truck; there are rear blind spots that don't bother me much. The ride is great, it's fun to drive, the cabin is nice, & the kids love it. We have the base RT model, which seems like a good value."

Wow!

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I could not believe this truck. I thought that I was riding in a fine luxury car. Also, there is plenty of room for all the junk that goes along with a wife and two small children. You can get lost in the interior when you pop in a movie and feel that "AT HOME COMFORT!" What origionally caught my eye was the in-bed trunk. "What a great ideal!" If you want a great truck for the price, then look no further. The only draw back I have for the truck is the power. It would have plenty of power if it were a car. But being a truck and doing truck things, it lacks in guy power."

Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and overall a great truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers. This is my 2nd Ridgeline. As long as you are not planning on towing more than 5000 lbs or doing heavy off roading then this is your truck. Full size trunk for under bed storage. Can carry as much as other half ton pickups. super strong bed liner. Super comfortable with excellent handling. Plenty of power but not great gas mileage"

Love my Ridgeline and everything about it!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage but I usually avg 19+"

"This truck is a great fit for me. Roomy inside, put the grandkids with car seats in the back; you don't have to stoop over. Throw their bikes, trikes, scooters in the back and go!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"

Very reliable. good hwy milage. Great on long trip

By on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Pros: "Safety, Utility, Storage and Ride."

Cons: "gas milage in heavy urban area, not very good."

"love all the safety features, love the ride, more like an SUV than truck. Storage is fantastic, especially the 8.5 cubic feet under the trunk bed. Wife and I have made many trips. Also made several trips with 4 adults and all of our gear brought along for the trip. Hwy milage above 21.5mpg, as high as 23.4mpg. In town, poor.... 13-16mpg. adequate power. Very comfortable."

Best out of my last 6 pickup trucks.

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and great in the snow."

Cons: "Needs heated mirrors"

"I love the styling, ride and the huge under-bed trunk is fantastic. I have 180,000 miles on it with no problems!"

Still an awesome truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and versatile."

Cons: "Leg room amd mileage."

"Originally purchased in April of 2005, I am seven years and 120,000 miles in my Ridgeline. As one of the first Ridgeline owners in my area, I can't say I got the greatest deal because discounts were not available at the time, but I have never regretted buying it and the money seems well worth it now. I have kept the recommended maintenance schedule as laid out on the dash indicators as well as the book, and I have never been stranded. It has never been on a tow truck, something that would be hard for most vehicle owners to claim after seven years. This truck still drives as nice now as it did when it was new. It feels solid and tracks straight, the tires wear evenly, the engine remains powerful and the transmission shifts smoothly. It even still drives well off-road. The only downsides are the two that have plagued me since I bought it, although neither have been enough of a problem to have me trade it in. Being tall, I find the dashboard sight lines a bit low and leg room just a tad short. I fit well enough, but I have to get out and stretch once in a while on long drives. Headroom is ample, though, and the interior feels like a full-sized truck. I also wince at the pump from the dismal mileage I get; usually around 16 MPG combined. I am not sure if that is because of living in California, but it certainly doesn't help that I have added after-market weight to the truck with accessories. I can get 19 MPG on highway rides. I have towed and hauled with this truck, but it is small and maneuverable enough to park in my garage or on the street. Mostly it has been reasonable to service and reliable as the day is long. I planned to have this truck for ten years, and by all indications it will make it without much headache. This truck has taken me many great places in California, both on and off the road. It still is an awesome truck."

one great truck

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Does a bit of everything very well good on gas"

Cons: "It is not a pretty truck and interior is lacking"

On street

"I am telling you this is a great truck.. Does a bit of everything and although it is not the best looking truck in or out it makes up for it in ride comfort and good off roading capability.. I am an avid off road rock climber (CJs and TJs) and with 20 years experience I can tell you this truck gets you places you would never think it would.. Like I said I don't use it for that but I have tested it on the trail and the first time you see this truck up in the air on three wheels climbing a frame twister trail you too will be impressed or getting out of 2feet of soft sand after getting stuck,putting in low and locking the diff, up up and away.. I use it to tow my 16ft trailer and put my two dirt bikes in the bed and still get 17-18mpg on the highway.. I average 20mpg without a load on the highway but the best is the ride.. This truck rides just like an Acua MDX(which it is based on)Super comfortable for a truck and seems to be perfectly balanced when coming over a rise.. If you need to get a V8 for heavy towing or cause you are compensating for something else I understand but now adays you can get most everything where it needs to go with a V6 without having to take a mortgage out for the gas..."

On street

Why doesn' t everyone own one?

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price then, kinda has gone up since 07"

Cons: "air conditioning in weak , needs tinted windows"

"I think sometimes this truck gets a bad rap. We have towed a huge trailer, went 4 wheeling in Pismo(used the trunk for an ice chest) and recently drove through the mountains in chains only conditions without ever kicking in 4 wheel drive or putting on chains. Its a pleasure to drive, very low maintenance and has incredible retail value. It does whatever a so called big truck can do except it fits in a garage and parking spot at the mall!"

Best car I have ever owned by far!!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"This truck does it all. Rides great, quiet, dependable..... My buddies all give me grief because I don't drive a "real" man's truck. They call my Ridgeline a Cheerleader truck. Fine by me. I have had my Ridgeline in heavy snow, off-road in mud and on the beach. It never fails me. Can not find a single thing I don't like about it. I have never been able to say that about any other vehicle I have owned. You get what you pay for with this Honda."

Best Pick up ever!

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, smooth, fast, stylish"

Cons: "Very hard to see backing up."

"I'm a city boy who always wanted a pick-up. Now I have one. Great design Honda. Purchased my Ridgeline brand new in 2008, now I have 80,000 miles. And it stills drive and feels new. If you want a universal truck this is it."

Safe, practical vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"So many people bad mouth the Ridgeline and it really irritates me. And if you can guess, they all are truck owners. How many truck owners haul concrete, gravel or extremely heavy items on a regular basis. Zero that I know. If this is what you do, don't buy a Ridgeline. If you need a vehicle for an occational trip to Home Depot (like 90 percent of people) and you want a vehicle that rides like a car, seats 5 comfortably,has a 5 star safety rating (8 airbags, traction and stability control, ABS brakes) - all standard, then this is the vehicle for you. Another awesome feature this truck has that no others thought of is a tailgate that opens both vertical and horizonal and has a lockable sealed trunk under the bed, this is also where the spare tire is (dry and easy to get to, not under the vehicle exposed to rain, rust, dirt and salt). It can also hold 4x8 sheets of plywood or sheetrock flat between the wheel wells... granted you have to keep the tailgate down but BIG DEAL, how often are you doing that. Another feature that a lot of people don't know is it's front wheel drive all the time and 4 wheel drive when needed (automatically). No other truck is like this, (again, perfect for 90 percent of people). I've driven a lot of trucks and this one BY FAR feels more safe and stable. The only thing I wish this truck had is a little more power. Shop around, I got $7700 off list. For that, it is a no brainer. Even if you don't save that much, this truck is a bargain. And it's a HONDA--RELIABLE!! Need I say more?"