2014 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,294 - $27,547.

10/7.6

Based on 668 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Tough meets Classy?

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The pros: Excellent car like ride quality. Comfortable leather seats and Honda's fit and finish. For the money, nobody makes a nicer interior than honda. Tons of storage space and the lockable trunk is just AWESOME. If you want an SUV but sometimes need a bed to haul stuff in, this is the truck for you. If you're thinking about towing more than 5000lbs or doing any real off roading, i'd look into the bigger american trucks for that. The navigation system in the Ridgeline is second to none. Its very user friendly and large enough to read with minimal distraction. Dual Action Tailgait provides easy access from different angles which proves very useful. Cons: Like every other honda made, you have to wind out the tach to make any sort of power. I don't know about you all but I like torque, not waiting for vtec to engage while I nearly get creamed merging onto the highway. Thats fine for the smaller sporty hondas like the civic Si or RSX Type S, but not a truck. The overweight ridgeline RTL tips the scales at over 4500lbs. With a curb weight that high, this truck should have a V8 or a V6 turbo diesel. To get it moving at anything other than a snails pace requires high revs and ultimately more gas! With prices over $4/gal, that can put a nice dent in your wallet. Another downside I found was the lack of ground clearance on the Ridgeline. Add running boards and it gets even worse. I can't help but feel depantsed when I see a minivan pull up next to me at a light and notice I'm not riding any higher than they are. If it's going to be marketed as Tough meets Classy, lets get tough and get that thing off the ground. My last complaint is the amount of road noise inside the cabin. Add a sunroof and it gets worse, eventually leading to rattles that according to Honda "..they all do that...it can't be fixed." Still though, the Ridgeline RTL is a very nice truck and does have benefits that outweigh the negatives....depending on what you're using it for."

Just doesn't get any better.

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I traded in a 06 Nissan Frontier for my 07 Ridge and I couldn't be happier. There's nothing this truck can not do. The winter driving is excellent and it hauls my boat and four wheeler like there is nothing there. Great handling and good overall power. The only negatives are extremely poor fuel economy. I mean you don't expect 20+ in the city out of a truck but I don't do much stop and go driving and I have been averaging about 12MPG since winter started. about 15MPG before. Overall a great truck and would recomend it to anyone who asked."

Sturdy truck w/ a car-like ride

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"We've had the Ridgeline 1.5 years, no problems. The more miles, the better the mileage & the quicker it gets. For work it's great to lock tools in the in-bed trunk. The 2-way tailgate is handy for loading (the side rails are high). The standard bed "liner" holds up to loads of rocks. We tow a Trailmanor camping trailer (about 3,800 lbs) a lot (w/a weight distributing hitch) & you hardly know it's there (haven't done the high Rockies yet; can't wait to have this truck with Honda's diesel engine some day for the added torque). My wife likes to drive small cars, so she doesn't choose to drive the truck; there are rear blind spots that don't bother me much. The ride is great, it's fun to drive, the cabin is nice, & the kids love it. We have the base RT model, which seems like a good value."

Wow!

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I could not believe this truck. I thought that I was riding in a fine luxury car. Also, there is plenty of room for all the junk that goes along with a wife and two small children. You can get lost in the interior when you pop in a movie and feel that "AT HOME COMFORT!" What origionally caught my eye was the in-bed trunk. "What a great ideal!" If you want a great truck for the price, then look no further. The only draw back I have for the truck is the power. It would have plenty of power if it were a car. But being a truck and doing truck things, it lacks in guy power."

Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and overall a great truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers. This is my 2nd Ridgeline. As long as you are not planning on towing more than 5000 lbs or doing heavy off roading then this is your truck. Full size trunk for under bed storage. Can carry as much as other half ton pickups. super strong bed liner. Super comfortable with excellent handling. Plenty of power but not great gas mileage"