• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,635 - $27,729.

10/7.7

Based on 628 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance is cheap, comfortable drive"

Cons: "Short bed, Low Towing Capacity"

"One must not go looking at this vehicle if they are expecting a full size truck, since it is clearly not. However, it is a perfect median between an SUV and a pick up truck. It's not too large and its not too small. It also drives much smoother than any other truck out there, feels like you are driving a car/suv. I've been towing my motorcycle enclosed trailer with this up and down the east coast since it was brand new, and I have never experienced a problem with it. Not even a check engine light... (knock on wood). The maintenance is by far one of the best in most vehicles I've seen, and the brakes/tires last 80k plus easily. Don't overlook this truck."

Best truck/SUV I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room and storage. LOVE IT"

Cons: "It can't tow my horse trailer like I was told"

"I own a 2000 Toyota Tundra with lots of miles and its for sale too, but it runs like a top. It doesn't feel anything like this Ridgeline though. The Ridgeline is like a car with the ability to use as a pick up with hidden truck space. If I didn't have to sell it, I certainly wouldn't be. Why bounce around in a truck when you have the luxury ride of this vehicle with truck features."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"

Great truck for travel and light towing.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius too wide"

"Great trunk for travel and light hauling and towing. No major mechanical problems in 48000 miles. Had minor problems with heater/AC fan which required fan replacement. Only complaint is wide turning radius which causes problems when trying to get into parking spaces."

2006 Ridgeline RTL w/Navigation Awesome!!

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable with great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "cup holders in front doors"

"I bought this truck brand new in July 2005. I have never and I mean never had one issue with this truck. I love this truck and love to drive it. I just had the brakes done and still had pads left and these were original brakes. This truck has exceeded my expectations but I am not surprised since we have owned Honda's since 1987. I had told the Honda corporation to make a truck way back in 1997 and told them if they did I would be one of the first to buy it. The back seats fold up and my two German Shepherds love to ride back there on their dog beds. This is one awesome truck and would purchase again in a heartbeat."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

Best little Pickup

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, feels solid, great storage"

Cons: "thin skin body, hood, tailgate and door alignment"

2008 Honda Ridgeline

"This is my second Ridgeline RTL 2011, I also had the 2008. I love this thing. Such a nice ride and no mechanical problems. The storage features are great. I don't know what people are complaining about with the acceleration. I think it has great power. I pull a 26ft pontoon and don't know its there. Great in the snow. Not recommended for off roading, its a car not a truck."

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Great value

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"the 2007 looks just like the 2013 and has every year in between. The truck runs good, looks good and always looks like a new model, because they don't change."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "handling and comfort"

Cons: "acceleration, visibility and plastic accessories"

"Most "pro" ratings give poor marks to the Ridge because of the lack of options. If you are looking for a 4 door, 4wd short box with all the safety features it cannot be beat. I drive in the winter with snow tires (no chains) and the truck reacts perfectly, no spinning, no skiding no slipping! The only thing that could be better is acceleration at medium speeds on the highway. The interior has good finish but I have had a few plastic parts break (cup holder, console storage and seat retract). The truck has had no mechanical problems in the 8 years I have owned it. That is surprising for the first model year of a new design."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "everything"

"Best Vehicle I ever owned!"

very functional for work and pleasure

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "no major problems since owning it"

Cons: "bubbling on leather of driver's seat"

"The Ridgeline is a replacement for a 1994 Ford Ranger. I bought the Ranger used and had a gazillion problems with it, even though I kept regular maintenance on it. I know that I had the Ranger towed about 12 times due to engine light coming on and it not starting. I finally got tired of paying new money on an older vehicle and on older parts. The Ridgeline has been so wonderful to not have any major problems in the last 4 years that I have owned it. I bought the Ridgeline used in 2009 with only 7,800 miles on it from a local Honda Dealership. I have only replaced the battery and I have had the back brakes replaced, along with all the scheduled oil changes, maintenance and auto butler. Auto butler has been wonderful in keeping the exterior paint looking like new. Florida sun can really fade an exterior paint on a vehicle. The driver's side seat's leather has bubbled in a small area. I had the seat reupholstered while under warranty. The seat bubbled again in the same spot. Honda dealership wanted nearly $900.00 for a reupholster. I ended up just putting a couple of band aids on the area so it wouldn't rip further. The cargo space under the bed holds all my tools for work, except for my brooms and small rakes, which fit under the back seat storage. The front seats are extremely comfortable for long rides. I put buying the Ridgeline in my 5 top best things I ever did for myself category."

excellent overall vehicle choice.

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, lotsof room, trunk in bed"

Cons: "overall design, gas mileage, rubber door trim"

"This is my second Ridgeline. My first was 2006, traded for new 2012. Even my wife loves this truck. Ride is good, plenty of room, handles well. This truck is very reliable, with a great trade in value. Holds its price well. Try and find a good used Ridgeline. My 2006 was on the lot ONE day. The rubber around the doors seem to be a little problem. My 2006 had one door with the rubber coming off and the 2012 now has two doors with the problem. Gas mileage is at 14-16 in town, 21 one the road.Should be better. The 2006 models had odometer problems, hopefully that has been corrected.Some tire noise. Overall great vehicle."

Most dislike the acceleration override

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Trunk and tailgate, smooth ride, high profile, AWD"

Cons: "paint, fabric seats, acceleration override"

"Here is the scoop. I love this car even though the following things are irksome. Paint job is easily scratched, seats are stained to no end WITH WATER!, wiper blades don't stand up, visibility is poor, snow cable chains smack the shock casing, but these things don't bother me because it is a truck. BUT the most irritating thing is the accelerator override. When car feels like you are in danger, it doesn't allow you to accelerate. This keep you from pitching around in the dirt and such, but most importantly, it keeps you from evasive maneuvering when you are actually in danger. For example, I was just sliding sideways(with front chains) during a wicked snow storm, I needed to punch the gas to right myself, and the car just didn't react. I do, however, recommend this car ( I have a F350 for real work) and don't get me wrong, I am bummed that they aren't making it anymore."

Most versitile vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Versatility, reliability, towing, storage, comfort"

Cons: "Price, depreciation,"

"For my family's active life, this truck is a perfect fit. Does everything I can ask for. Only had a few minor problems so far. Dome light quirky, rear seat retract mechanism, TPM sensor."

Best Truck I have ever owned

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, storage, driving performance"

Cons: "None."

"I have owned trucks from Ford and Nissan. I have been the happiest with my ridgeline. As a marine biologist I spend my summers driving many miles between research sites at sandy beaches and muddy estuaries with lots of equipment and several research students. Everyone rides comfortable, I get good gas mileage (17.7) and there is plenty of room for all the equipment. Trunk in the bed is so useful. It's great to have a truck that rides like a car. Having had back surgery this past summer I found myself more comfortable in my truck than my husbands BMW. I recommend this truck to everyone! Dr. Bergey"

Love my ride

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Love it. Got it sitting on 22" rims. Looking like a BEAST!!"

Love my truck!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, handles well"

"I have wanted this truck for years. I FINALLY got one about a month ago! 2013! I love my truck so much I can't stay out of it! The only 2 things I do wish the RTL model had that the RTL with Navi has is, bluetooth and a USB port to hook up my iPhone for my music. The AUX port is kinda weird how it works, I don't like having to change my music on my phone while driving. Would like it much better to be able to change it on the steering wheel like other vehicles. But that isn't enough to make me dislike the truck, I LOVE IT! Drives very smooth, handles well, and take off is pretty awesome too for a V6. I agree with most ppl here, gas mileage could be better. If you don't have this truck but are considering it, GO GET IT! You won't be dissatisfied."

0 trubles yet

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Does everything very well"

Cons: "found none"

"Have went thru many many vehicles in 65 years. I am now satisfied that this truck is the one that does all the things that a rig should do very well. I enjoy all my time behind the wheel because it is a pleasure and a real work horse. I am not looking for that all in one rig anymore."

Would not buy anything else

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"Love my truck. Feel completely safe in it. If you do all the maintance when due, it will not let you down. Of course, would like better gas millage, but am very happy overall with the truck."

not living up to the honda name

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "nice to drive and ride easy to get in and out"

Cons: "not honda dependable gas mileage of a V8"

"In the six months I have owned this truck it has left sitting along the road twice. 65000 miles battery cable rust in half. at 71000 the transmission lines rust off gas milage is no way close to what the dealer ship claims 16 city 19 highway"

Best for sedan/pickup combo on the market

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Great value and Honda reliabilty and quality"

Cons: "Would like better gas mileage"

"The Ridgeline does everything a residential pick up truck would do for 95% of the chores delegated to a non-commercial vehicle. It has all of the comforts and bells/whistles of a well appointed sedan with the added value of a weekend work horse. All this with a comfortable drive to and from work each day."

Unbelievable Dependable

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "VTM system, In-bed trunk, dependablity, MPG"

Cons: "Interior rattles, steering wheel leather is gone"

"The best feature of this truck is the all wheel drive system. Its the best handling vehicle I have ever driven on ice and snow. The trunk is a great feature with my family of 5. Other than fluid changes and a timing belt, everything is still original. EVEN THE TIRES!! 147K and still running strong. Tows well for its size. Handles 8,000 lbs farily easily."

What a car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "very roomy, great for trunk storage, & safety"

Cons: "weak for heavy loads"

"This is a fantastic vehicle. It is NOT for those who are into heavy loud truck sounds and looking for the ability to tow thousands of pounds. With that said, I have owned my car since day 1 and now 6 years into it, I have yet to have any problem whatsoever. The car is a machine, and gets the job done. I can see why it has such a high rating. Nicely done, Honda."

Totally reliable, the ride terrific,

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "wonderful ride and reliability"

Cons: "needs cup holders in doors"

"great rig, only knock some think it is ugly"

One of the best I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Solid build, Honda Dependability, acceleration."

Cons: "Size (but not a huge issue)"

"If you declare yourself a "Heavy Truck User" then no, this truck is not for you. If you need a sporty, utility vehicle, yes you read that right, a new classification, then this "truck" is for you. Excellent acceleration, car like ride, in laws love the room in the back row, the in bed trunk with tire stowed inside, body panels that don't bend when you push against them, I could go on forever. I struggle to call this a truck and prefer to call it my "sporty utility vehicle. It has more utility than most and yet remains sporty to drive. Unbelievably comfortable on a long trip. Mileage averages around 19 and I don't baby it. Maybe you'll get more. Mileage rating is not as ipmortant to me as a vehicle that makes me smile every time I drive it. How is service you ask? Not sure, only been to dealer once to get a spare key and they were very nice. All maintenance I have done myself since warranty ended. Car is very easy to work on. Easy access. Negatives....Not really. Price seems high but it is a well built vehicle. I would love to have this vehicle in a chassis that was about 6 inches narrower. It is "slightly" larger than I need but this is no where near a deal breaker for me. I love the midsize truck line that is now disappearing. But this works and works well, very well, veeeeeerryyy welllll indeed."