2012 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 684 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

One of the best I've ever owned.

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "Solid build, Honda Dependability, acceleration."

Cons: "Size (but not a huge issue)"

"If you declare yourself a "Heavy Truck User" then no, this truck is not for you. If you need a sporty, utility vehicle, yes you read that right, a new classification, then this "truck" is for you. Excellent acceleration, car like ride, in laws love the room in the back row, the in bed trunk with tire stowed inside, body panels that don't bend when you push against them, I could go on forever. I struggle to call this a truck and prefer to call it my "sporty utility vehicle. It has more utility than most and yet remains sporty to drive. Unbelievably comfortable on a long trip. Mileage averages around 19 and I don't baby it. Maybe you'll get more. Mileage rating is not as ipmortant to me as a vehicle that makes me smile every time I drive it. How is service you ask? Not sure, only been to dealer once to get a spare key and they were very nice. All maintenance I have done myself since warranty ended. Car is very easy to work on. Easy access. Negatives....Not really. Price seems high but it is a well built vehicle. I would love to have this vehicle in a chassis that was about 6 inches narrower. It is "slightly" larger than I need but this is no where near a deal breaker for me. I love the midsize truck line that is now disappearing. But this works and works well, very well, veeeeeerryyy welllll indeed."

I have had 2, looking to buy my 3rd. Can't beat em

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "Honda is to secretive about it's future."

"You can't beat Honda quality and workmanship.. Love the size. I don't need a full size pickup and the small pickups are to small. The size is perfect for carrying adults, and the box is just big enough for little jobs. The dual opening tailgate is great, along with the underneath storage, very handy. I have sold a few of these myself for Honda, because friends have seen mine and tried it, and end up buying one themselves..."

Truly best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pros: "Fits all needs."

Cons: "Love a diesel in this."

"Not for those that require a larger than 5k towing capacity. Handles my 4500 lb boat well. If you don't tow larger loads, it's perfect. If you do, get a truck. But remember, the term "rides like a truck" will apply. Ease of driving in town or on highway is superb. In 75k of driving this car has required ten oil changes, one transmission fluid change, tires and brakes at 60k. That's it. No other issues at all. Zero. Great crash and roll over protection. Gas mileage not great but 21 highway Is passable. Four wd system is great in snow. Not meant for off road bolder hopping. You either love or hate the look"

The Good Reviews Are True

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Hello. First off, please understand that I'm one of those guys who's had an American made pickup for most of my adult life. Over the years I've owned 8 trucks and more than half of them have been Ford F150's. I still love my old 2001 Ford F150 but comparing this Ridgeline to that Ford is like night and day. Yes, the Ford has a bigger bed and I can tow a bit more weight but the Ridgeline wins in every other category. It's unbelievably comfortable and I had no idea how handy the waterproof trunk was going to be. I keep two sets of golf clubs along with the spare and still have room for all my groceries. Keeping all the junk out of my trucks cab without taking up cargo room was next to impossible before but now it's a snap. The Ridgeline has a lot of little things too like lots of little storage places, cup holders galore, a bed that lights up when you open the tail gate and both high and low places to use for securing freight. The Ridgeline handles very well and it's 4wd which comes in handy when the road to my house washes out. In short, the only negative to this Truck is that it only gets about the same gas mileage as my Ford. Sorry, Japanese Truck Haters. This Ridgeline is the real deal for most people who own trucks and Ford et al should take some design queues from these guys before they take over the truck market like they did with cars. Will I get rid of my Ford? Yep. I gave it to my son and I'm sure he'll get many good years of service out of it. Ford's F150's are still great trucks but this Honda Ridgeline is simply a better engineered machine."

Rides smoother than the new Accord

By on Sunday, July 4, 2010

"I have owned this truck for the last 2 years. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it. It has everything I was looking for and more. This is a top of the line vehicle. It is front wheel drive until the vehicle detects that it needs to engage the rear wheels and then it's auto 4x4. Gets around great in snow. Comfortable to go on long vacations. Sound system sounds great! No highway noise with the windows up, which means you can talk at a normal level while moving. I rode in my friends new Accord and this truck rides smoother than that, which surprised me. It has seperate heat and air controls, which means I can run cool air on my side and the wife can run warm air on her side. Very powerful V6 with a lot of get up and go. I never thought that I would own one of these because I favor the Super Duty Truck or GMC Sierra. I am glad now that I own this truck. Probably keep it till the wheels fall off."

My Favorite Vehicle of 40+

By on Monday, September 28, 2009

"Excellent overall vehicle given the performance, ride, handling, safety, reliability, rugged if quirky good looks, towing capacity, great hidden trunk, off road capability and so on. I've owned several full size trucks and one full size 4WD SUV among other sports cars and "normal" cars. My Ridgeline is by far the best overall vehicle of the lot."

Great truck

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"I've got 31K on my 2007 RTX and have had no problems whatsoever. It still looks and runs great. Pros: bed liner, tires, engine, stereo, trunk, reliability, overall fit and finish. Cons: upholstery (stains easily), gas mileage (15/18), comfort. The seats are a tad uncomfortable and I'm 6'1" 200 lbs. Adults cannot ride in the back for an extended period of time. Otherwise, it's got a great amount of room to haul - inside and out. The appearance took some getting used to, but I find it very handsome and I like that it looks nothing like the other trucks on the road."

Dream vehicle

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"The Ridgeline has had as high as 22.4 mpg, but usually 18.7 to 19.8 in mixed driving. Very comfortable, disappointed in the stereo, it isn't as good as the domestic sound systems in my opinion. When you take a long trip the seating comfort is excellent. The sliding rear window is also convenient for our big dog. Lots of wind noise when cruising on the high plains with even light winds. I do really like the vehicle, but it too has some tradeoffs."

BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK WITH 1,000 MILES ON IT AN OLDER WOMAN DIDN'T LIKE IT. GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE I GOT IT FOR $5,000 LESS THAN A NEW ONE AND GOT IT CERTIFIED. IT IS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED. IT'S VERY COMFORTABLE, EASY TO DRIVE, VERY HANDY, THE SEATS IN THE BACK SEAT FOLD UP FOR GROCERIES OR WHATEVER YOU NEED ROOM FOR, AND THE TRUNK YES IT HAS ONE YOU CAN ALSO USE AS A COOLER FOR TAILGATE PARTIES. IT IS JUST OVERALL FUN TO OWN AND DRIVE. IT STANDS OUT FROM ALL THE OTHER TRUCKS ON THE ROAD WITH IT'S STYLE. HONDA DEFINATELY HAS A HIT."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"This is my second Ridgeline. I bought the '06 when it first came out and sold it with about 30k on it and bought another. I love the way it rides and performs. The navigation system and sound system are top rate."

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

30 Mos - 75K Miles

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"I'm just giving up my Ridgeline RTL after taking delivery 6-30-05; 30 months and 75,000 miles and I still enjoy driving it very much. Only complaints are very minor things such as how the door locking mechanism works, or poor heat delivery to driver's feet. Has been a very solid, very reliable, very comfortable vehicle to drive every day in urban environment, and on long interstate trips. Handles a family w/ 2 teenage sons very well. Repairs have cost $0.04/mile and gas avg'd $0.15-0.17/mile. I'd buy another if I still needed a truck or SUV."

great all around vehicle

By on Saturday, December 1, 2007

"this vehicle is equally great for long distance travel with 5 passengers or hauling almost anything you want. handles well on the interstate or back country roads. mpg on interstate is over 21 and hauling stuff around town is at 19 mpg. this truck is like a luxury vehicle to me."

I had a BMW before and don't even miss it

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"What can I say about it other than if it were taken away from me i would miss it!!! Big time!!!! You will love yours even if gas ever were 4.00 a gallon it would only take about 80 to fill it up and go just shy of 400 miles."

Genius in a truck !

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I have had my Ridgeline a little over two years and it has been awesome. It is the definition of utility. I camp, ride bikes and fly stunt kites. It easily handles all my gear and the in bed trunk was pure genius. It is almost as comfortable as the RL that I previously owned. I added a back up camera and blind spot mirrors so visibility is fine. I have only had to perform routine maintenace and I have 42,000 miles on my Ridgeline. It has plenty of power and folks, you do not buy a truck for great gas mileage! It does get what the window sticker had. 16 city and 21 on the highway. I actually get about 22 1/2 mpg on the highway. The navigation system and voice commands work flawlessly. My first truck and by the way it is going, it may be the last truck that I ever need."

Best thing I ever owned

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Love the trunk in the bed. ONLY HONDA could think of something so helpful for all of us. I have owned a honda accord for eight years and have had no problems with it and that is why I wanted to buy a Ridgeline because I needed a truck and I love the room in the cab, and the smooth ride.LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!!!!!!"

Cannot Even tell you are in a Truck!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2007

"Very comfortable, better than any truck ever ridden in. Hard worker able to carry and haul without any issues. Love it..."

Just drive it and you'll love it.

By on Saturday, April 7, 2007

"I have got to say that it is the smoothest riding truck that I have ever owned. More storage than I could ever use. Only Honda could think of the trunk in a truck. I love it."

It drives GREAT on Ice and Snow

By on Monday, October 31, 2016

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage is only ~ 21mpg"

"I LOVE this truck! It drives better than anything I've ever driven on Ice and Snow!! It's saved my life more than once on the black ice of a North Dakota winter!! And it pulls a loaded trailer very well, too!!"

I will buy another one (2006 owner)

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "comfort and power"

Cons: "gas mileage and maneuvering"

"I find it is the perfect truck for someone who likes comfort but also wants power and toughness. It is a truck that has SUV comfort with plenty of room in the rear seat for traveling. Great torque for towing up to 5,000 lbs. which is key for me as I pull a travel trailer across country every year. Gas mileage is not great but certainly better than your bigger trucks. Overall, I have been very happy with the Ridgeline (almost nine years as an owner) and will seriously consider replacing this one with a new Ridgeline when it is time. Of course that time may be a few years away because this truck is very reliable and does not show signs of wearing down."

Most versatile medium size truck ever made.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "versatility , car like ride, great view of road,"

Cons: "only 18-20 mpg, costly brand new"

"This truck/SUV has been thought out so well that every type of situation that I have run into where I have hauled people, equipment, furniture, camping stuff or whatever has been super easy. Maintenance has been very reasonable with only normal routine items. I have followed the owers manual for maintenance for service intervals with great success. You must use a Honda dealer to perform higher level maintenence or risk lousy repairs though. Also some Honda dealers have under qualified mechanics who don't know what they are talking about. I used two different dealers to compare until I finally figured out which one had the good mechanics. I added a RANCHO Brand 2" suspension lift kit to the truck with fantastic results. I can't get this thing stuck in the worst of mud. I have pulled out stock jeeps from the same mud holes. DO NOT PUT LARGER TIRE DIAMETER TIRES ON THIS VEHICLE. You Awesome."

Excellent Family Truck

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Pricing, driving comfort, storage and utility"

Cons: "For me, none"

"My family and I love this truck. The styling is good and the utility for a family is excellent. The under bed water proof 'trunk' is a perfect place to put your shopping and groceries out of sight and locked. It has a drain port as well so you can load the trunk with ice. There is ample storage area inside the cab as well. The rear seats fold up and will allow larger items to be placed in the area. Driving comfort is a pleasure with a smooth ride and good control. We have experienced an overall average of 22 MPG with highway milage peaking at 25 with cruise control at 65 MPH and a city driving milage at 19. 4 wheel drive is a big plus. If you pull a boat or a small travel trailer that will work. The Ridgeline will pull up to 5000 pounds of load, but remember, this is a family vehicle, not a big V8 work horse. But, if you need a good pickup for the every day family, the Ridgeline should be your choice."

Best truck/SUV I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room and storage. LOVE IT"

Cons: "It can't tow my horse trailer like I was told"

"I own a 2000 Toyota Tundra with lots of miles and its for sale too, but it runs like a top. It doesn't feel anything like this Ridgeline though. The Ridgeline is like a car with the ability to use as a pick up with hidden truck space. If I didn't have to sell it, I certainly wouldn't be. Why bounce around in a truck when you have the luxury ride of this vehicle with truck features."

Great truck for travel and light towing.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius too wide"

"Great trunk for travel and light hauling and towing. No major mechanical problems in 48000 miles. Had minor problems with heater/AC fan which required fan replacement. Only complaint is wide turning radius which causes problems when trying to get into parking spaces."

2006 Ridgeline RTL w/Navigation Awesome!!

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable with great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "cup holders in front doors"

"I bought this truck brand new in July 2005. I have never and I mean never had one issue with this truck. I love this truck and love to drive it. I just had the brakes done and still had pads left and these were original brakes. This truck has exceeded my expectations but I am not surprised since we have owned Honda's since 1987. I had told the Honda corporation to make a truck way back in 1997 and told them if they did I would be one of the first to buy it. The back seats fold up and my two German Shepherds love to ride back there on their dog beds. This is one awesome truck and would purchase again in a heartbeat."