2012 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 667 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

30 Mos - 75K Miles

By on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

"I'm just giving up my Ridgeline RTL after taking delivery 6-30-05; 30 months and 75,000 miles and I still enjoy driving it very much. Only complaints are very minor things such as how the door locking mechanism works, or poor heat delivery to driver's feet. Has been a very solid, very reliable, very comfortable vehicle to drive every day in urban environment, and on long interstate trips. Handles a family w/ 2 teenage sons very well. Repairs have cost $0.04/mile and gas avg'd $0.15-0.17/mile. I'd buy another if I still needed a truck or SUV."

Cannot Even tell you are in a Truck!

By on Sunday, June 10, 2007

"Very comfortable, better than any truck ever ridden in. Hard worker able to carry and haul without any issues. Love it..."

Just drive it and you'll love it.

By on Saturday, April 07, 2007

"I have got to say that it is the smoothest riding truck that I have ever owned. More storage than I could ever use. Only Honda could think of the trunk in a truck. I love it."

Great truck, I love it!comfortable an hard working

By on Friday, June 26, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable an convenient, an a hard working truck"

Cons: "would have liked dash to be angled toward driver"

"Drives like a sedan, but kicks in to haul loads up in the mountains, on unpaved roads. I'm always hauling something up or down. Have used it to haul up all my supplies for my bathroom remodel, shower stall, toilet, vanity, wood for new walls, cement, also all my new deck composite wood. This truck's bed is misleading, also the large trunk that lifts up from the truck bed is soo convenient, it is definately a work horse, but also rides very comfortable, you forget you're driving a truck. I have received many compliments from my passengers on how comfortable it is, also on the back AC vents. The tailgate is one of the best features, by both being able to flip down, an also just swinging open like a door, makes it perfect for me to load bottled water or anything I need to reach. When it's hot, I can hold down on my key to unlock doors an all my windows will slide open to cool off my truck while im walking towards it. My truck is 8 yrs old, bought her brand new, now have 138, 000 miles on her, I keep up her regular maintenance an have never had a problem with her. When she's not working an cleaned up she still looks shiney an drives like a lady."

Most versatile medium size truck ever made.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "versatility , car like ride, great view of road,"

Cons: "only 18-20 mpg, costly brand new"

"This truck/SUV has been thought out so well that every type of situation that I have run into where I have hauled people, equipment, furniture, camping stuff or whatever has been super easy. Maintenance has been very reasonable with only normal routine items. I have followed the owers manual for maintenance for service intervals with great success. You must use a Honda dealer to perform higher level maintenence or risk lousy repairs though. Also some Honda dealers have under qualified mechanics who don't know what they are talking about. I used two different dealers to compare until I finally figured out which one had the good mechanics. I added a RANCHO Brand 2" suspension lift kit to the truck with fantastic results. I can't get this thing stuck in the worst of mud. I have pulled out stock jeeps from the same mud holes. DO NOT PUT LARGER TIRE DIAMETER TIRES ON THIS VEHICLE. You Awesome."

Excellent Family Truck

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Pricing, driving comfort, storage and utility"

Cons: "For me, none"

"My family and I love this truck. The styling is good and the utility for a family is excellent. The under bed water proof 'trunk' is a perfect place to put your shopping and groceries out of sight and locked. It has a drain port as well so you can load the trunk with ice. There is ample storage area inside the cab as well. The rear seats fold up and will allow larger items to be placed in the area. Driving comfort is a pleasure with a smooth ride and good control. We have experienced an overall average of 22 MPG with highway milage peaking at 25 with cruise control at 65 MPH and a city driving milage at 19. 4 wheel drive is a big plus. If you pull a boat or a small travel trailer that will work. The Ridgeline will pull up to 5000 pounds of load, but remember, this is a family vehicle, not a big V8 work horse. But, if you need a good pickup for the every day family, the Ridgeline should be your choice."

Great truck for travel and light towing.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius too wide"

"Great trunk for travel and light hauling and towing. No major mechanical problems in 48000 miles. Had minor problems with heater/AC fan which required fan replacement. Only complaint is wide turning radius which causes problems when trying to get into parking spaces."

Love my truck!!

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride, handles well"

"I have wanted this truck for years. I FINALLY got one about a month ago! 2013! I love my truck so much I can't stay out of it! The only 2 things I do wish the RTL model had that the RTL with Navi has is, bluetooth and a USB port to hook up my iPhone for my music. The AUX port is kinda weird how it works, I don't like having to change my music on my phone while driving. Would like it much better to be able to change it on the steering wheel like other vehicles. But that isn't enough to make me dislike the truck, I LOVE IT! Drives very smooth, handles well, and take off is pretty awesome too for a V6. I agree with most ppl here, gas mileage could be better. If you don't have this truck but are considering it, GO GET IT! You won't be dissatisfied."

Totally reliable, the ride terrific,

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "wonderful ride and reliability"

Cons: "needs cup holders in doors"

"great rig, only knock some think it is ugly"

Love It!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, love the in bed trunk!"

"I've had this truck for 5 years now and absolutely love it! It's been dependable and never had any issues even after putting 100,000 miles on it in that time with it not being used for over 18 months due to deployments etc. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this truck to anyone who's looking for the advantages of a truck (unless you need to do heavy duty towing) with the the interior features of a high end SUV."

Best I Ever Owned!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Smooth ride, easy handling, plenty of head and leg"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better, only around 19-21 mpg"

"This is the most comfortable and useful vehicle i have ever owned in my 40 years of driving. I will buy another if available."

Nice Ride!

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, spacious interior, comfortable ride."

Cons: "Gas mileage, seats stain easily, lack of power."

"The Honda Ridgeline is a solid vehicle but there are some limitations--the truck doesn't have a tremendous amount of power. If you're looking to tow or haul this truck probably isn't the best choice. However, I've driven a few trucks in my lifetime and it's one of the most comfortable vehicles on the road. My wife loves it and that's all that counts! Happy wife; happy life!"

definitely The best truck I have ever had

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "great price, a pleasure to drive outstanding truck"

Cons: "seats stain easily"

"I have owned my ridgeline for 4 yrs. I have never been let down by it even in 4wd in the woods. I really enjoy the way the 4wd only kicks in when you need it. The only thing i don't like is the way the seats stain from anything (including water). The other problem is the size of the box (it is good enough for me). However I am a general contractor and had to buy a chevy for the size of the box, for work. The gas mileage is better than advertised I get 22 on the hiway and 19 around town. The comfort is outstanding, more comfort than my wifes Chevy."

Awesome Bang for the Buck!

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "A little pricy compaired to full size trucks..."

Cons: "Honda needs to offer more options for this vehicle"

"I bought my Ridgeline new in the end of 2007 just as the 2008 was hitting the lots. It has been one of the most reliable vehicles that I have ever owned. I have taken it on long trips, off road, pulled trailers with it and also used it in business to take customers out in. Everyone always states how comfortable and stylish it is. Buy one before they quit making them and hold on to it. It may be the last vehicle you ever need...."

Perfect urban truck

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "This truck is fun to drive, quite and dependable"

Cons: "Knee room for driver too close to dash"

"I've owned this truck for nearly two years. Bought is used in 2010. It is probably the best driving truck I've ever owned. I really like the way the back seats fold up out of the way for hauling and I like the split back seat so I can fold up one side and still leave a seat for a passenger. Also this back seat is more comfortable and has more room than any other crew cab I tried. The best feature for me is the hidden trunk in the bed. I can keep all the cargo straps, pads, hitch ball and my tools hidden and out of sight but still handy. The full time 4-wheel drive works flawlessly too. Snow was no problem at all. The only negatives I've had is the Nav system which ate the DVD twice but it was replaced under warranty and has worked fine since and the knee room for the driver is too close. I banged my knee many times on the headlight switch getting in until I got used to the truck. There are plenty of tie downs in the bed. I especially like the dual opening tailgate."

Very Dependable Truck

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, inexpensive to own."

Cons: "Mileage, interior noise, no bluetooth on my model."

"I have owned my 2006 RTL w/Navi for almost 6 years and I put on 113,000 miles. Besides Oil changes"

Out of 12 new vehicles, this is the best!

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pros: "comfort...and the huge trunk!"

Cons: "Lousy fuel mileage, no MP3 jack"

"After 160,000 miles, I am now starting to replace a few normal items. Engine has plenty of power, seats are comfortable. Oh, I love the huge trunk and backseat!"

overall extremely happy with boo's bomber

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "it can handle airborne! need i say more, really?"

Cons: "fuel economy. but it is a truck..."

"Negative first: 1) gas mileage not as advertised if you live in an area with ethanol in the fuel. I average 15 to 16 mpg, hubby about 14 - but he drives all cars like race cars. 2) no seat memory/presets for position. Perhaps not an issue for most; but I am 5'3" and hubby is 6'4". We always have to adjust the seat. 3) I wasn't that impressed with the hard tonneau cover. Corrosion started on the hinges in the first three years of ownership. 4) the brakes could be a bit better on a vehicle that is supposed to be able to tow 5,000 lbs. Positives: LOTS!!!! I love my truck! It can handle bombing down gravel mountain sides with switchbacks at 50 mph with aplomb! It does airborne very well. Yes, I did say "airborne" as in all four tires off of the ground... see first statement... The stability assist and traction conntrol perform EXACTLY as advertised. The heated leather seats are a girls' best friend. The built-in navigation has gotten lost exactly four times in five years of ownership - and I am in sales. I do lots of driving in unfamiliar areas and I use the navi at least five days a week. And we do driving vacations - as in 6137 miles in eight days kind of driving vacations. When we go for a new vehicle, I want another one!"

This one's best by far.

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "Nothing is a cheap as I think it should be, but this one is okay."

Cons: "Can't think of even one fault."

"We've used it to tow three times without one problem, and it rides/drives the same with or without a load or trailer. That trunk under the bed is a godsend, and will hold more than the largest car trunk. The bed is short, but we've had no problem hauling anything we wanted to, and I'm a frequent Lowe's shopper. Dollar for dollar, and convenience for convenience, best buy period."

Love it!!

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Comfort handling feel of the road sound system"

Cons: "Air-conditioning slightly weak, small bed."

"Have owned for about three years, and put on nearly 60,000 miles. Nothing but a set of brakes, and a battery since purchasing it. Drives like a luxury car, feels like a luxury car, and functions like a pickup. The only shortcoming I can find is the limited use of the bed, and is further impacted on mine by the bed cover. Hondas sound system is top notch, and I've really enjoyed the satellite radio as well as the gps, although I have not updated mine from the 2006 software it was built with. Has really made a Honda believer out of me!"

Best Vehicle I ever owned

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "Reliability and Versatility"

Cons: "Wish it got better gas mileage, but 17 mpg around town isn't too bad."

"I absolutely find this vehicle to be the best I have ever owned. I have 110,000 miles on mine. Alot of those miles were highway in the beginning. Talk about versatility. It holds myself and 4 other buddies and our camping gear along with being able to pull a boat as well. I have to say that the hidden trunk in the bed of the truck is my favorite feature. No other pickup has that. I plan on keeping this vehicle for as long as it will keep running. Especially now that it has been discontinued for the 2012 model year. I really don't understand why Honda has removed it from its offering. I think they are making a mistake with that decision."

Awesome truck

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I cant say enough about this Ridgeline. I use it for my work vehicle and travel 800-1000 miles a week. Ride is excellent and MPG's are outstanding at 23. The only thing I have put into this truck is tires and a recommended timing belt. Im getting close to a brake job at 114K but who can complain. I will definetly own another Ridgeline."

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"Best vehicle I have owned. Absolutely worry free. 90k miles and performs like brand new, never have had any performance problems"

The Good Reviews Are True

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Hello. First off, please understand that I'm one of those guys who's had an American made pickup for most of my adult life. Over the years I've owned 8 trucks and more than half of them have been Ford F150's. I still love my old 2001 Ford F150 but comparing this Ridgeline to that Ford is like night and day. Yes, the Ford has a bigger bed and I can tow a bit more weight but the Ridgeline wins in every other category. It's unbelievably comfortable and I had no idea how handy the waterproof trunk was going to be. I keep two sets of golf clubs along with the spare and still have room for all my groceries. Keeping all the junk out of my trucks cab without taking up cargo room was next to impossible before but now it's a snap. The Ridgeline has a lot of little things too like lots of little storage places, cup holders galore, a bed that lights up when you open the tail gate and both high and low places to use for securing freight. The Ridgeline handles very well and it's 4wd which comes in handy when the road to my house washes out. In short, the only negative to this Truck is that it only gets about the same gas mileage as my Ford. Sorry, Japanese Truck Haters. This Ridgeline is the real deal for most people who own trucks and Ford et al should take some design queues from these guys before they take over the truck market like they did with cars. Will I get rid of my Ford? Yep. I gave it to my son and I'm sure he'll get many good years of service out of it. Ford's F150's are still great trucks but this Honda Ridgeline is simply a better engineered machine."

Rides smoother than the new Accord

By on Sunday, July 04, 2010

"I have owned this truck for the last 2 years. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it. It has everything I was looking for and more. This is a top of the line vehicle. It is front wheel drive until the vehicle detects that it needs to engage the rear wheels and then it's auto 4x4. Gets around great in snow. Comfortable to go on long vacations. Sound system sounds great! No highway noise with the windows up, which means you can talk at a normal level while moving. I rode in my friends new Accord and this truck rides smoother than that, which surprised me. It has seperate heat and air controls, which means I can run cool air on my side and the wife can run warm air on her side. Very powerful V6 with a lot of get up and go. I never thought that I would own one of these because I favor the Super Duty Truck or GMC Sierra. I am glad now that I own this truck. Probably keep it till the wheels fall off."